Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Noticing that after the update to 10.14.3 (and watchOS 5.1.3), I can no longer unlock my iMac with my watch...

Does anybody at Apple test this crap? True, it's not the end of the world, but remember, it's the little foxes that spoil the vine.

Reactions: macintoshmac

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Noticing that after the update to 10.14.3 (and watchOS 5.1.3), I can no longer unlock my iMac with my watch...

Does anybody at Apple test this crap? True, it's not the end of the world, but remember, it's the little foxes that spoil the vine.

is everyone having this problem? if so, apple dropped the ball. if not... perhaps start a thread about it, ask for help. much more productive than simply complaining. or try google...

perhaps: https://www.macobserver.com/tips/quick-tip/apple-watch-stopped-unlocking-mac-fix/

Reactions: MIKX

nortonandreev

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2016
Europe

It works here. Did you try to disable/enable this feature? I would also try to restart the watch.

Braeside

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2019
Apologies if this question has been addressed somewhere on these forums. I have searched but couldn't find anything. I have recently upgraded to 10.14.3. I now find that I cannot install any software which does not appear on the App Store. I get the error message "Ossystem error 99999". Prior to this I have visited Sys Prefs>Security and Privacy and unlocked the lock and clicked "Open Anyway". I then get the 99999 error. I have searched online for the past few days but only one fix could be found which didn't work - sudo cp /var/db/.SystemPolicy-default /var/db/SystemPolicy (PW and Restart). I was able to use Win 7 via VMWare Fusion to use the windows version of the SW I wanted to use but this is not a practical workaround long term.

The SW in question: makeMKV, DVD Extractor, XLD and some others I cannot now remember. However, Tag Editor from the App Store worked fine.

There appears to be no other issues with Mojave. All works OK. I have run all available system checks and repair routines including fsck -f in Single User Mode. I have also cleared PRAM.

I am an experienced Mac user but this problem has me stumped.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Apologies if this question has been addressed somewhere on these forums. I have searched but couldn't find anything. I have recently upgraded to 10.14.3. I now find that I cannot install any software which does not appear on the App Store. I get the error message "Ossystem error 99999". Prior to this I have visited Sys Prefs>Security and Privacy and unlocked the lock and clicked "Open Anyway". I then get the 99999 error. I have searched online for the past few days but only one fix could be found which didn't work - sudo cp /var/db/.SystemPolicy-default /var/db/SystemPolicy (PW and Restart). I was able to use Win 7 via VMWare Fusion to use the windows version of the SW I wanted to use but this is not a practical workaround long term.

The SW in question: makeMKV, DVD Extractor, XLD and some others I cannot now remember. However, Tag Editor from the App Store worked fine.

There appears to be no other issues with Mojave. All works OK. I have run all available system checks and repair routines including fsck -f in Single User Mode. I have also cleared PRAM.

I am an experienced Mac user but this problem has me stumped.

How about a total reinstall? Diagnosis and isolation will probably take longer than a fresh install.

Braeside

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2019
How about a total reinstall? Diagnosis and isolation will probably take longer than a fresh install.

Yes, this is what I was thinking of doing when I find sufficient spare time as it takes a while to do a clean install. I usually clean install major OS updates. In this case I updated my iMac from High Sierra to Mojave using software update - looks like it was a big mistake. I notice that 10.14.4 beta is in the testing phase now so I will most likely wait for that to be released and see if it fixes the problem. In the meantime I have a MacBook Pro running High Sierra which has no problem running the SW I mentioned in my original post. Such is life! Thanks for your reply...

Reactions: macintoshmac

Leonelli

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Peru
After the new update I can no longer download purchased books on Apple Books. Error: "Unable to download" and "1004". Already tried rebooting both the MacBook and the router but no luck. Anyone else experiencing that?

Braeside

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2019
Just installed the 10.14.3 supplemental update and, hey presto, no more problems with the Ossystem error 99999!!! All previously mentioned SW installs without problem provided access to 3rd party developers is allowed in Sys Prefs>Security and Privacy. The user has to manually "Allow" access which is the point at which things went pear-shaped previously. So thanks Apple for fixing a very frustrating problem.

itsmilo

Suspended
Sep 15, 2016
Berlin, Germany
I cannot take screen shots on my admin user. Like it does the shutter sound but nothing appears on my desktop. On my friends 2nd (non-admin) user account it works fine. Any idea why?

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
I cannot take screen shots on my admin user. Like it does the shutter sound but nothing appears on my desktop. On my friends 2nd (non-admin) user account it works fine. Any idea why?
Have you tried searching for "Screen Shot" to see where it is ending up? You can change the location easily enough in Terminal. I prefer mine to go into my Downloads folder:

defaults write com.apple.screencapture location "/Users/henry/Downloads/"

followed by:
killall SystemUIServer

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
Is it a bug that I cannot see how many space the system takes? The „About my mac“ section where you can see your storage usage is wrong too.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
my boot times on 10.14.3 have now climbed to 45 seconds. I'm pretty sure these are the slowest boot times I've experienced since leaving windows in 2005. and it doesn't help that this also feels like the least stable Mac I've ever owned, so I'm forced to restart often.

is anyone getting a fast boot time anymore?

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
my boot times on 10.14.3 have now climbed to 45 seconds. I'm pretty sure these are the slowest boot times I've experienced since leaving windows in 2005. and it doesn't help that this also feels like the least stable Mac I've ever owned, so I'm forced to restart often.

is anyone getting a fast boot time anymore?

what mac? have you tried resetting nvram, and/or the smc? (google for your mac). or consider reinstalling the OS. boot times on my 2 macs are as fast as they've been...

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
what mac? have you tried resetting nvram, and/or the smc? (google for your mac). or consider reinstalling the OS. boot times on my 2 macs are as fast as they've been...

I have already done the smc / nvram reset procedure with no luck. its a 2018 MacBook Pro. would hate to go through the trouble of reinstalling the OS if this is just how the new machines are. so I was hoping to gauge whether this is a common issue for the new machines. I'll perhaps check over on the mbp pages to get a more focussed sample.

k0stelos

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2018
I have already done the smc / nvram reset procedure with no luck. its a 2018 MacBook Pro. would hate to go through the trouble of reinstalling the OS if this is just how the new machines are. so I was hoping to gauge whether this is a common issue for the new machines. I'll perhaps check over on the mbp pages to get a more focussed sample.
im also seeing slow boot times after the new update and the weird thing is that when i open the messages app it freezes for 2 secs.. im on macbookpro late2018 13"

pictonic

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2013
England
Anyone else problems with the trackpad on the MacBook Pro 13" early 2015?
When I use my trackpad to right click I can´t move the cursor anymore
I have MBP 13inch 2017 with 2 USBC. Installing Mojave 10.14.4 beta was a step too far. Trackpad stopped behaving normally and could not get menu, could move mouse though. Got it back (RH lower edge of TP eventually worked for menu) and rebooted. OK for about 10 mins then back to misbehaving. I reverted to Mojave 10.14.3 (non-beta) and all is well. Incidentally this iPad 2 lags badly on text input. Frequently have to go back and put spaces between words.

netdoc66

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2007
New Jersey
10.14.3 (18D109) seems to have fixed my video freezing issues in my 2013 Mac Pro. I mean how can browser based streaming videos be freezing when I have 64gb of ram? Right?

slowanimal

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2016

Same thing is happening to me right now. I also have an issue where the green indicator light remains on after I end facetime...pretty bizarre.

SkipperRi

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Rijeka, Croatia
On version 10.14.4 Target Display mode from iMacPro to iMac 27" (late 2013) doesn't work anymore. After pressing CMD+F2 iMac 27" just goes to blank screen...

Toonartist

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2017
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Anyone using FCP X 10.4.5 with Mojave 10.14.3 may experience significant problems rendering footage with 3rd party plugins... such as Color Finale. Seems to be an issue with GPU rendering of all 3rd party plugins. Color Finale have reported it to apple (as well as others no doubt).

I'd be interested to hear if anyone uses these plugins etc with a new MacBook Pro etc with the latest 10.14.4 Beta 4.

Link below documenting problem at Apple.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250156700?page=2

I'm using a Macbook Pro 2018, 13 inch i7 2.7ghz and FCP X just grinds the whole laptop to halt if you use Color finale.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have scrolling problems on my MacBook Pro 2018 with Safari. When I'm waiting 10 seconds or more and I'm trying to scroll with the trackpad at first nothing happens. And always, when I'm going back one page Safari freezes for a moment.

Last edited:

meerkat1990

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2016
Romulus
Mojave is definitely less stable than my prior 10.13.6 I think. I come back to see it's rebooted almost once a day...

I waited until 10.14.3 in hopes it would be stable by now. I guess not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.