Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Is it just me or does Safari Technology Preview seem significantly faster than the official app? Especially on a dinosaur 2012 MacBook like I have. Maybe it's a preview of things to come in 10.15.

Edit: Never mind, I think it's because extensions were slowing me down on Safari. Safari Technology Preview didn't have those extensions.

Last edited:

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
I have a Macbook retina with Mojave 14.14.3 and iPhone X with the latest iOS installed.

Continuity and handoff are working.

As soon as I switch to my partner user account on the Mac, which is linked to her iCloud account and her iPhone 6s, handoff and continuity stop working, on both accounts.
Apple Watch unlock also stops working. Only a reboot can get it back to normal operation, as long as I log into one account only.

I tried EVERYTHING:

Delete account and create it again.
Reinstall macOS (no initialise, just reinstall).
Reboot all devices obviously.
Delete bluetooth preferences.
Update to 14.14.4 beta 3.
Pram reset after disabling csrutil.
SMC reset.
Initialised the Mac and performed clean install.
Reset network settings on my iPhone and my partner’s iPhone.

Nothing can fix the issue.

I sent a bug report to apple several times and they don't care. Too busy adding emoticons to the next release.

It is all working, as soon as I fast switch to the second account everything falls apart until the next reboot.
iCloud clipboard, instant hotspot, continuity camera, handoff, Apple Watch unlock, nothing works.

Any clue? I use continuity camera a lot to scan documents and iCloud copy and paste, it drives me crazy, I'm rebooting 10 times a day.

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: HeadphoneAddict

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
I have a Macbook retina with Mojave 14.14.3 and iPhone X with the latest iOS installed.

As soon as I switch to my partner user account on the Mac, which is linked to her iCloud account and her iPhone 6s, handoff and continuity stop working, on both accounts.
Apple Watch unlock also stops working. Only a reboot can get it back to normal operation, as long as I log into one account only.

I tried EVERYTHING:

SMC reset.

I sent a bug report to apple several times and they don't care. Too busy adding emoticons to the next release.

It is all working, as soon as I fast switch to the second account everything falls apart until the next reboot.
iCloud clipboard, instant hotspot, continuity camera, handoff, Apple Watch unlock, nothing works.

Any clue? I use continuity camera a lot to scan documents and iCloud copy and paste, it drives me crazy, I'm rebooting 10 times a day.

Thanks everyone!

Same
[doublepost=1552515287][/doublepost]
Is anyone else having issues with Quick Look in Finder? If I try to preview a Word document, it’s very dark and I can barely read it.

Quicklook in Finder on word docs is fine on my late 2014 MacBook Retina 15", but quicklook inside Photos has quit working. So I'll be looking at the thumbnails in Photos, then select one and tap the space bar, and nothing. I have to double click on pics with the trackpad to view them and shrink them back.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Same

Quicklook in Finder on word docs is fine on my late 2014 MacBook Retina 15", but quicklook inside Photos has quit working. So I'll be looking at the thumbnails in Photos, then select one and tap the space bar, and nothing. I have to double click on pics with the trackpad to view them and shrink them back.

hmm; spacebar quicklook works here in photos (was just using it before i saw your post). reboot? not sure if it's photos, or quicklook that's giving u a problem.

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
Same

At least I’m not the only one.. it’s very annoying. I wish they could work on the basics of the operating sistem instead of adding useless stuff like emoticons and Memojis.

Photos is endlessly bugged and lacks of features that I’d expect to be there, for example being able to import photo organised in albums on the iPhone, but it can import only photos from the camera roll, it doesn’t see the albums.
To be able to import the albums you create on the iOS device you need third party apps. Ridiculous..
Continuity camera works and then stops working suddenly, bugs on FaceTime, the most advanced operating system in the world grants you access without inserting a password (bug fixed already obviously). They are losing the plot.

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
hmm; spacebar quicklook works here in photos (was just using it before i saw your post). reboot? not sure if it's photos, or quicklook that's giving u a problem.

The Photos quicklook problem surfaced the day that I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave, and it's persisted through multiple reboots.

I suspect I might have to reinstall Mac OS on top of the current version, just in case the upgrade had a glitch, but everything else seems fine as long as I don't log into a second person's account (as per post #552).

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
The Photos quicklook problem surfaced the day that I upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave, and it's persisted through multiple reboots.

I suspect I might have to reinstall Mac OS on top of the current version, just in case the upgrade had a glitch, but everything else seems fine as long as I don't log into a second person's account (as per post #552).

didn't mojave originally change this, from the spacebar, to the return key? (& now it's the spacebar again, in the later betas). try the return key... (just curious if that's it)...

SkipperRi

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Rijeka, Croatia
Suddenly, today, from nowhere, Target Display mode it's again available...
[doublepost=1552812756][/doublepost]
Is someone using the beta versions? How do they work? I wanna try them but I'm not sure if they are stable enough.
I'm using beta versions on two machines, iMacPro and iMac 27", I don't have too much problems.

Reactions: Blue Hawk

meerkat1990

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2016
Romulus
Apple said only one Apple ID to ever sign in to my Mac. Even if the other person has their own login, they can't login with their Apple ID or it screws up everything, including the purchased items from the iTunes store because the second person associates the computer to their account and when we go back and forth it's a mess.

This seems silly since it really makes the sharing of a computer with multiple IDs difficult.

I tried EVERYTHING:

SMC reset.

Thanks everyone!

e_ch

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2018
I have problem with green screen artifacts since mojave upgrade. They are visible ONLY after playing HTML5 videos or working with Google Docs in Safari for more than one hour approximately. Doing that in Chrome/Firefox don't cause any similar problems. Artifacts are static and look like green half-visible vertical lines with weak ghost residue of browser content or/and interface elements. They completely disappear after I close safari and put a Mac idle on 15-40 minutes but still visible if I reboot macOS right after they appear.

I've tried to monitor GPU temps, checked everything with Apple Hardware Test and tried to load iMac with gpu-heavy games for several time and everything was OK. I also tried to reinstall Mojave and got the same result. Now i'm on 10.14.3 and problem persists since initial release. My GPU is GTX660M. Did somebody encounter the same thing? I posted here, because I don't even know: is it hardware or software related bug.

Last edited:

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I have problem with green screen artifacts since mojave upgrade. They are visible ONLY after playing HTML5 videos or working with Google Docs in Safari for more than one hour approximately. Doing that in Chrome/Firefox don't cause any similar problems. Artifacts are static and look like green half-visible vertical lines with weak ghost residue of browser content or/and interface elements. They completely disappear after I close safari and put a Mac idle on 15-40 minutes but still visible if I reboot macOS right after they appear.

I've tried to monitor GPU temps, checked everything with Apple Hardware Test and tried to load iMac with gpu-heavy games for several time and everything was OK. I also tried to reinstall Mojave and got the same result. Now i'm on 10.14.3 and problem persists since initial release. My GPU is GTX660M. Did somebody encounter the same thing? I posted here, because I don't even know: is it hardware or software related bug.
I've had the same issue too. I was worried if there is a hardware problem on my new MacBook. But haven't had the problem the last week's.

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
For those of you running Mac OS 10.14.4 with Swedish language.Can you also confirm that the restart and shutdown window is in English?

I have send a feedback to Apple when it was in beta version, but I have not recived any response from them.

Mr. 123

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2016
For those of you running Mac OS 10.14.4 with Swedish language.Can you also confirm that the restart and shutdown window is in English?

I have send a feedback to Apple when it was in beta version, but I have not recived any response from them.
This has happened to me after various point updates since Sierra. I spoke to Apple about it and they know about the issue but haven't fixed it.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Mojave 10.14.4 is a massive cluster**** this morning. Gmail accounts won't authenticate in Mail, can't unlock my iMac with my Watch (says watch must be unlocked... it is, duh). News crashes at launch. And it looks like they remove the DELETE = PREV PAGE tweak in Safari.

Awesome job, Apple... I am especially fond of the time-delay ... everything was great last night... but woke up to this mess this morning.

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Just installed 10.14.4 and Mail is not displaying the body text in some (but not all) new emails! They display OK on another Mac that is still running 10.1.4.3.

Update: I just tried copying Mail.app 12.2 from the other Mac and opened it on the Mac running 10.14.4: no change - the body section is still blank so it seems to be corruption in the email data.

Update 2: Rebuilding the iCloud mailbox has fixed the problem:
https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mail/rebuild-mailboxes-mlhlp1227/mac
(but it took a while to download all of the old messages)

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadphoneAddict
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.