Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

robby818

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2007
After installing 10.14.4 on my 2018 MacBook Pro 13", my Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD no longer charges the MacBook battery over the lightning port.

Blue Hawk

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2017
Germany
I've downloaded the final version from the beta and later I've disabled receiving beta updates. Is it normal that I still have the feedback app?

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
For those of you running Mac OS 10.14.4 with Swedish language.Can you also confirm that the restart and shutdown window is in English?

I have send a feedback to Apple when it was in beta version, but I have not recived any response from them.

Installed Mac OS 10.14.5 beta 1 and I still have the shut-down window in English!? why Apple?

CLS7

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2016
Malmoe, Sweden
Thanks for the link! I choose my language in terminal and then restarted my Mac and now the shut-down window is in right language again. Thanks!

flopro

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2018
Wirral, United Kingdom
Trying to copy a 7GB file from my mac to a MS-DOS (FAT32) external drive... And it just won't have it, i read somewhere this was a problem with older OS's too?!

elephantstone

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2016
Seems I have a potential Mojave bug. MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar just won't charge at all. Plugged in and recognises the power cable, but I get the "Battery is not charging" message. I have about 60% to go and then it's dead, and undoubtedly a visit to Apple and several hundred quid gone. So annoying when you already pay above market average specifically for a premium device.

Grizabella

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2018
Installed Mojave Beta 5 and now Bitdefender AV Main window will not launch. No "allow to run option" is displayed in System Preferences. Reinstall did not fix. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

See fix below. (I should have edited THIS post and not simply replied to it)

Last edited:

elephantstone

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2016
Seems I have a potential Mojave bug. MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar just won't charge at all. Plugged in and recognises the power cable, but I get the "Battery is not charging" message. I have about 60% to go and then it's dead, and undoubtedly a visit to Apple and several hundred quid gone. So annoying when you already pay above market average specifically for a premium device.

Never mind. Resetting the SMC both without the charger plugged in and with it plugged in has seemed to fix it!

WillNN

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2016
10.14.4 upgrade: Mail App broke gmail accounts, even after a repair Send no long works on any accounts: gmail, other, Apple iCloud. [For the first time in about 20 years email doesn't work. ]

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
10.14.4 upgrade: Mail App broke gmail accounts, even after a repair Send no long works on any accounts: gmail, other, Apple iCloud. [For the first time in about 20 years email doesn't work. ]

check your google account, could be a security issue (happened with a collaborator just recently). she had to update her security settings, then Mail worked again.

drummer5645

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2014
Quick and bit different issue. I don't have a gmail account only use Mail. 3 days ago messages I sent to gmail addresses stopped being sent and refused by gmail? This seems a bit different any ideas or suggestions

Please ignore. Rule one, call the internet provider. Rule 2 assume they won't have an answer, but you got to try. Rule 2, fall off chair when their message is "we have a problem with gmail connection and working to fix..".

Last edited:
Reactions: HeadphoneAddict

Trey M

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2011
USA
Anyone have the issue where a Hotspot authentication page won’t load when you connect? An example would be Starbucks, you have to accept the Google terms and conditions, etc before you can get online. That page seems to be problematic in Mojave.

The manual workaround is to close out of the blank authentication pop-up and manually type http://captive.apple.com/hotspot-detect.html into Safari.

Grizabella

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2018
Installed Mojave Beta 5 and now Bitdefender AV Main window will not launch. No "allow to run option" is displayed in System Preferences. Reinstall did not fix. Is anyone else seeing this issue? Has anyone found a fix?

Going to update this here.

Got a message from the Fruit folks. This info may help others troubleshoot other apps and issues:

"Beginning in macOS 10.14.5, all new or updated kernel extensions (such as those installed by BitDefender, Google Drive File Stream, VMWare, and many other products) and all software from developers new to distributing with Developer ID must be notarized in order to run. In a future version of macOS, notarization will be required by default for all software, but existing kexts should now (as of seed 3, build 18F118d) have a policy back in place that lets them run. Please update to 18F118d and see if your issue has been resolved.

If they are replaced or updated with a newer version of the kext, the developer will need to get the extension notarized. More detail about kernel extension notarization can be found at https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution."

As of build 18F118d, my issue with Bitdefender is fixed. Also sent Bitdefender the info on kexts

Last edited:
Reactions: sydneysider88

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
I'm on High Sierra still, but would like to ask those that run Mojave: do you still have the bug in Mail in a full-screen mode when the Photo browser window wouldn't open? I'm sure as hell it opens OK in older operating systems because I run those too. See the Vimeo video.

Last edited:

Grizabella

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2018
I'm on High Sierra still, but would like to ask those that run Mojave: do you still have the bug in Mail in a full-screen mode when the Photo browser window wouldn't open? I'm sure as hell it opens OK in older operating systems because I run those too. See the Vimeo video.

Working as expected for me.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.26.35 AM.png

Reactions: maverick28

zarathu

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2003
After installing 10.14.4 on my 2018 MacBook Pro 13", my Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD no longer charges the MacBook battery over the lightning port.

Have you contacted Anker directly. They are pretty responsive as a company.

GregoryWN

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2019
  • When previewing AUDIO in finder, nothing plays... Anyone else having this issue? 10.14.4.....

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
How is Handoff in Mojave? Is it reliable? In High Sierra it has the weird behavior to go down when you copy on one device and it slips the clutch of the Universal Clipboard pasting another object instead. It takes you long to force it to come to itself by signing out and back in to iCloud on every device.

Also there's a silly and obnoxious in its unpredictability bug in Users&Groups pref pane when ticking "Allow guests to log in to this computer" actually disables Guest's account while unticking enables it.

How's it in Mojave?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.