Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barefeats

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2000
I got the InCase Book Cover first. Too thick and poor quality stitching. The iPad kept slipping out so the port holes didn't line up. Returned it to the Apple Store.

Ordered the Marware Eco-Vue. Much thinner and better quality stitching. And the iPad stays put. It's a keeper.

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
My Marware case showed up today in the mail. It's a great case. I am very happy with this purchase. Not worried about scratching or dropping it when I use it. I also bought a Vaja slip case which is a great looking case but I wanted a case that would give me protection all the time.

kloan

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2005
I don't care what they say, it doesn't look feel or smell like real leather.

The biggest indication to me that it is "fake" leather is its uniformity. It has a texture to it, but its not a natural texture. Mind you it could be made from the skins of cows, but the Marware's leather seems far more like pleather than any other leather item I own.

That's a shame. Sounds like they've gone the way of just about every vendor on eBay selling 'leather' products.

Seems these days in order to get real leather you have to spend over $100. Pretty sad.

Andrmgic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2007
I ordered the eco-flip from marware on friday.. I'll try to post some impressions when it arrives.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
Had this case on for a week. While it's a good case, I just took my iPad out and wow my iPad feels really light compared to it being wrapped in "leather" (air quotes). If anyone feels their iPad is too heavy, feel free to use it in a case for a week. You will change your mind :)

Peanut207

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2010
TrunksGoku said:
Had this case on for a week. While it's a good case, I just took my iPad out and wow my iPad feels really light compared to it being wrapped in "leather" (air quotes). If anyone feels their iPad is too heavy, feel free to use it in a case for a week. You will change your mind :)

Hmmmm...gym? Lol j/k. Seriously though, how much heavier can it really make it. Also, most of the time don't you have it sitting on a table propped up or leaning against your lap or something? I know I do...I don't hold my iPad up in the air for long with one or two hands anyway. Feels more natural leaning up against something or in the propped up position sitting on a table.

I just ordered the Marware Eco-Vue case yesterday and can't wait to get it.

AcesOverKings

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2010
I'm beginning to use the iPad in a business (casual) setting, and the Eco-Vue has been the perfect case so far. Very professional and discreet when closed -- blends right in with everyone else's planners and notebooks.

One interesting find so far is that with the case open and propped in the landscape orientation (i.e. ready for typing), I find the barest hint of fingernails will make something of a "click" sound as you try to type on the screen.

While it's certainly no worse than someone who brings a laptop, it's such a new and novel sight/sound that it draws much more attention, whereas everyone is completely attuned to the sound of Thinkpad keyboard typing... to the point where it's barely even noticed.

This may be true for any case that props up, and the simple solution that day was just to flatten it on the desk and use the pads of my fingers. It's easy for me to go home and trim the hell out of my nails, but this aspect may be worth noting for the ladies out there who keep some length of manicured fingernails or whatever.

Overall, very, very happy with the case. Even if I find one I like better for other settings (Otterbox for traveling or whatever), the Eco-Vue will be kept in the rotation for work and professional settings.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
With a bit of usage, one thing that has definitely annoyed me about the case is that the tab that 'secures' the iPad within the case doesn't stay snug. While I wasn't afraid of my iPad falling out of the case somehow, the loose tab was bugging me.

What I ended up doing was just taping the tab to the back of my iPad to keep the tab nice and snug.

Anyone else have this issue?

Swampthing

Suspended
Mar 5, 2004
Hope this case is worth the effort. None of the stores seem to have them, and their order process is a complete and utter FAIL.

First they said they had it in stock on the website, so I ordered it. Two days later I get a tracking number, and two days after that I get a message stating it won't be sent until next week because they went out of stock just as I ordered them. Funny thing, because for the next two days after I ordered them, the website still said they were in stock...

Ordered it early on because my official iPad case wasn't going to be here until 11 May; now it looks like that case will be snail speed Marware to my doorstep.

w4rmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I ordered mine on Thursday from an Amazon seller and it shipped on Friday, I am hopeful it's better than the Incase version which I tried last week and didn't like how thick it was and folding the flap around it didn't sit flush. I have a Marware case for my iPhone and like their build quality.

Big-jay

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
I have been using the Marware Eco-view for a little over a week with my iPad 3G. I love the case, but have found one issue! the magnetic strip on the cover to hold up the stand will not allow the compass to work. The only way I can get it to work is to hold the case totally open. I am sure that there is no way to fix this, It is a design flaw. Love the case otherwise.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
Dropped, didn't protect it

My biggest concern was the open edges, and sure enough, I have a dented / broken / unusable iPad 3G 64gb now. Thanks Marware... :mad: I wish the case covered the sides, won't be going back to this case any longer.

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=9898444

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 144

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006
My biggest concern was the open edges, and sure enough, I have a dented / broken / unusable iPad 3G 64gb now. Thanks Marware... :mad: I wish the case covered the sides, won't be going back to this case any longer.

"Thanks Marware"????
That's hardly Marware's fault. The case is what it is. Had the iPad flown out of it because case too loose, or securing strap too short, or elastic strap broke, that's a different issue. But all cases I've seen have advantages and disadvantages. It's entirely possible that a drop from 4' onto hardwood would have resulted in even more damage in a tight protective case covering all edges due to no impact shock being absorbed. Lack of edge protection is certainly a disadvantage worth noting, but not something to blame on Marware.
BTW, without question it is real leather. The Velcro spots, or something similar, sound like an idea worth pursuing. Keeping it upright in landscape mode not problem if on a friction increasing mat (rubberized drawer liner or mat which counters outward movement). Not a big deal. Something I like about the Eco Vue is I feel much more comfortable handing the ipad to someone to play with. The case weighs @3/4 lb. but the combined weight makes it feel more appropriate for the size, and thus more secure.

fandsw

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Helena, AL

"Thanks Marware"?????? How about bucking up and show some responsibility for your screwup? Marware wasn't the one who dropped the iPad 4 feet onto a solid surface. That person was you! The only cases I would expect to protect from that kind of abuse would have to have some military-spec rating, which the Marware case obviously does not have nor does it claim to have. Jeez........

Oskee2001

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2008
Just got my EcoVue yesterday and am quite pleased. I wanted something understated and professional, and this is definitely it. It is without question real leather. I feel it protects the iPad sufficiently while i'm transporting in a bag or walking with it like a book. Plus it doesn't attract attention.

dborja

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2007
Northern California
Just got my EcoVue yesterday and am quite pleased. I wanted something understated and professional, and this is definitely it. It is without question real leather. I feel it protects the iPad sufficiently while i'm transporting in a bag or walking with it like a book. Plus it doesn't attract attention.

+1

I also got mine yesterday and I'm very happy with it.:)

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
"Thanks Marware"?????? How about bucking up and show some responsibility for your screwup? Marware wasn't the one who dropped the iPad 4 feet onto a solid surface. That person was you! The only cases I would expect to protect from that kind of abuse would have to have some military-spec rating, which the Marware case obviously does not have nor does it claim to have. Jeez........

I never blamed it all on them, what I'm saying is if you have the case, just be aware that it may cost you $419 for a replacement iPad.

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
opticalserenity said:
I never blamed it all on them, what I'm saying is if you have the case, just be aware that it may cost you $419 for a replacement iPad.

You didn't finish the sentence: ". . . if you drop it four feet on to a hard surface."

mccldwll

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2006

I'm sure you're right. But just to be certain, when you get your new iPad and new case, drop it from the same height onto the same hard surface and let us know how the damage compares. And don't forget to video it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.