Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moebius206

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
Hey guys, I posted a reply in the other thread regarding right clicks and dock freezing problems. I hope it helps u out too.

Taken from the other thread, coz I'm just too lazy to retype...

Hey all, I too experienced this extremely retarded problem, but its all good for my SL and mouse AND dock now. This only applies to those with Windows and Bootcamp.

Earlier today, the whole freeze thing (for the dock) and right-click problems swamped both OSes. What I did was to log into Windows, (while facing the problems) and reinstalling the logitech software for my bluetooth mouse again followed by a restart which brought my mouse back to normal. And best of all, after I logged back to OSX, the freeze problems disappeared, as if it didn't happened in the first place

What I am using.
Snow Leopard Upgrade CD
Logitech VX470 Bluetooth Wireless Mouse

What I did. (Chronologically)
1. Under OSX, I installed the Logitech Control Centre Installer (for Snow Leopard), which can be found here.

2. Installed the LCC app, but problem still persisted

3. Bootcamp-ed to XP, realized the loss of right-click problem.

4. Re-installed the Logitech Media Centre for Windows (can be found here)
Choose your logitech mouse model
(32-bit for me) and restart comp
Disconnected my bluetooth mouse and re-paired it again
After restart, everything was smooth for XP

5. Logged back to OSX.
Problem Solved.
(for me that is...)

I don't know if I got lucky but that was everything I did, somehow things worked and I'm sharing this to you all. For those who just use OSX, all the best/ happy waiting.

I hope this helps. Don't stone me if things don't turn out the way I said it would:p

Good info, but that's not the issue people here have had. Some of us don't have bootcamp running, either. I know that I HAVE installed the logitech software, to no avail also. I don't think the issue we're experience is a driver issue.

originalbryan

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2009
Same here

This problem is starting to really cripple productivity. Using Snow Leopard, a Logitech V470 and V220. Never notice the problem on the touchpad.

moebius206

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
Has anyone updated to 10.6.2? Does it fix the problem??

I updated. So far, I haven't actually noticed it. I dunno if I'm becoming used to it or if it has gone away. I'll pay attention and post back with the results after a few days.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Has anyone updated to 10.6.2? Does it fix the problem??
I updated to 10.6.2 ans LCC's latest, and I had to uninstall LCC altogether after that to keep Finder from freezing each time I scrolled. Not sure what went wrong, but I have seen this issue in a prior ver of LCC and leopard. I'm just going to use Steermouse from now on.

wankey

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2005
Hey! I have the same problem.

I thought it was my mouse starting to get senile… but it isn’t THAT old. Glad to know it isn’t my mouse. I’ll await a fix soon.

I noticed it mainly when I click once on files and it sometimes opens them. And in games, I fired 2 bullets with one click, it was quite odd. Other times it happens at random (ie, my title bar minimizes, so when I go to drag, it minimizes instead)

ashrakay

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
clickety click

Okay this problem is REALLY starting to annoy me now.

Yeah, me too. Welcome to the Apple amateur hour. I hate to say it, but these past years have seen a decline in the quality one usually expects from Apple. I mean, have you seen that fat macbook? I feel like I went out on a double-date with sisters and ended up with the uglier, chunkier one.

Robert B

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
Problem solved for me.

Tried everything. Rang Apple.

Suggestion: Unplug all cables, including power on Macbook Pro, and restart with Ctrl Alt Shift keys depressed.

Resets System Manager.

Problem gone.

Your milage may vary...

Robert B.

BeSublime

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Do you mean, if you click in one place and then another a second later, and a double click is performed (in the second click place)? I sometimes get this when trying to close multiple browser windows with the X button - the first click will close the top window then the next click a second later will minimize the next window instead of closing (as if I had double clicked the title bar).

It's some sort of lag issue that I remember a patch being released for Tiger a while back. I upgraded from Tiger to SL and the issue seems to be back now.

I experience this same behavior, but searching has yielded no help. I hate when trying to select multiple files (holding command) and then having one of the clicks register as a double (even after moving the mouse a considerable distance) and having all of the files open at once. I've adjusted the double click speed, no help their either. Using leopard, fyi.

Any suggestions?

stevemiller

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2008
i seem to have a similar but slightly different problem. my trackpad regularly becomes unresponsive to clicks, and sometimes locks up in a drag state (ie its dragging a file and won't let go of it).

i don't think its a hardware issue because the trackpad still moves the cursor, and all the multitouch gestures like 4 finger expose still work, but no clicking. eventually it goes back to normal, usually after 30s to a minute.

i have no idea why i haven't just reverted back to leopard. sl is the buggiest os i've ever used-and i don't even mean that as hyperbole.

clean installed 10.6.2, no migrated data, no 3rd party keyboard/mouse drivers.

FlyingBurrito

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
Same Problem for the last month--absolutely maddening.

This IS an OS problem. NO matter what mouse I use or even the trackpad, I have the same issue. It's driving me bonkers...I like to quickly change file names individually as part of a very intensive website building workflow. If the mouse hovers on the name field below the file icon then the system should recognize you are NOT about to open the file but wish to rename. And constantly clicking command-I to bypass this maddening issue and rely on the ability to change the name of your file is too many clicks-throughs. Apple, fix this!!! I don't want to quickly open the file, I just want to QUICKLY change the name field! And no I don't want to batch rename, just one file quickly at a time like in the good old days....

Running latest update of Snow Leopard (10.6.2) on the newest Macbook Pro 17" 4 g, 2.8 ghz anti-glare.

bradders2

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
I'm having the same problem with a Microsoft IntelliMouse and a Bamboo Fun tablet, both plugged directly into a Macbook Pro running SL and Parallels with Bootcamp for XP. Any word yet?

moebius206

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
getting to the root of it

Yeah, the update didn't do anything for me.

However, after reloading the machine from scratch, I have not noticed the issue. Continuing to set things back up, I noticed that I hadn't yet set up any multitouch settings yet (going with the default). I'm curious if this could be the cause? It's the one BIG change regarding mice and IO in Snow Leopard over Leopard.

I'm running a unibody macbook pro.

I would imagine that this problem shouldn't affect those running snow leopard on machines that don't have a multi-touch pad, but then the software is still there.

So my question for you guys is to check if you have those multi-touch settings available, and if you do, turn them off and see what happens.

I'll continue to dig.

Apple's tech support is worthless. Good machines, software waning, support is garbage.

ashrakay

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2008
Double trouble

Yeah, the update didn't do anything for me.

However, after reloading the machine from scratch, I have not noticed the issue. Continuing to set things back up, I noticed that I hadn't yet set up any multitouch settings yet (going with the default). I'm curious if this could be the cause? It's the one BIG change regarding mice and IO in Snow Leopard over Leopard.

I'm running a unibody macbook pro.

I would imagine that this problem shouldn't affect those running snow leopard on machines that don't have a multi-touch pad, but then the software is still there.

So my question for you guys is to check if you have those multi-touch settings available, and if you do, turn them off and see what happens.

I'll continue to dig.

Apple's tech support is worthless. Good machines, software waning, support is garbage.

Yeah, just an update... I'm on a Mac Pro Desktop, and I have the problem too, to it's not limited to multi-touch.

Also, someone posted a couple of weeks ago about rebooting with cmd+shft or something like that and resetting something something... anyway, did that. Thought it fixed the problem for a week, now it's back with a vengeance. So Apple blows. And, I'm really hoping google or someone will make something better. After DRM, fatbook, double-clicking, Leopard not working with software manufacturers, I'm beginning to question my loyalties.

moebius206

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
Legit version of OS X

Any of you using a torrented/downloaded copy of Snow Leopard? Or is everyone here legit?

moebius206

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
Small update: Tried one of the new Apple 'magic' mouse. It's ok, good for a mobile mouse you can leave in your backpack... Logitech's MX line are much better.

Anyhoo, it doesn't have the click issue. The logitech still does. Go figure.

moebius206

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2009
Then again, a newer S 530 cordless mouse from Logitech works just fine.

Found this thread: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-...e-click-when-setpoint-is-installed/m-p/311987

Followed the links therein, and ended up taking apart my mx620. The copper 'spring' plate that connects the circuit was noticeably less.... springy... than the right-click. I dunno if messing with it will fix it, like some people claim... I mangled mine in the process (it was worthless either way).

I may go pick up a new mx620 and see if the problem persists.

multimania

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Same issues here, my guess is it's to do with magic mouse driver software to try and ignore multiclicks/taps. I even installed leopard on another disc, it isn't happening there. It has to be an OS/Driver issue, damn you Apple.

ActorCam

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2010
Any Solutions?

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem yet? Has Apple acknowledged it?

I too am experiencing this. Often when I single-click mymouse, the system interprets it as a double-click. It's driving me crazy. I have 10.5.8 and a Microsoft mouse on a MacPro with 5GB RAM.

This seems to have started happening a week or two ago after I ran an upgrade, but that might have been a coincidence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.