Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
upgrade from mavericks.
Just for your information.
My MP late 2013 refused to shut up normally after upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan. :eek:
Like in your case only the On/Off power button did it.
I was therefore forced to clean install 10.11 :mad:

Now however a new bug appeared. :eek:
No way to install Windows with the new BootCamp which does not create any longer a boot pen drive.
Windows doesn't recognize the NTFS formated partition and stops the installation! :(
Since BootCamp demands only one single partition, which was no longer the case after the creation of the (useless!) BootCamp NTFS partition, in order to get Windows I had:
1) to erase the total inner drive including El Capitan to have one partition
2) to reinstall Yosemite in it
3) to install Windows with Yosemite's BootCamp and a pen drive
4) to erase back Yosemite from the inner drive
5) to restore El Capitan from a clone external drive to the inner drive. :oops:

Strange way that Apple has to improve its OSX... :rolleyes:
Ed

gario1

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2009
The 10.11.2 update screwed up my wife's user account (no others were messed up). System response on her log in is very slow and applications will not launch nor will system preferences. (both giving errors) Any suggestions on how to fix would be great.

gsingham

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2013
Had no safari issues with 10.11.1 and now with 10.11.2 i'm getting "the website ad.doubleclick.net" requires a client certificate" wtf?!? and I get option to cancel or continue. But I'm constantly being prompted.

Suspended
Sep 16, 2013
Had no safari issues with 10.11.1 and now with 10.11.2 i'm getting "the website ad.doubleclick.net" requires a client certificate" wtf?!? and I get option to cancel or continue. But I'm constantly being prompted.
same here :{

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'm getting that message too, on 10.10.5, after today's Safari and security updates.

Being an advertising site I'm happy to prevent it from getting a certificate, but there doesn't seem to be an "always deny" option :(

JamesPDX

Suspended
Aug 26, 2014
USA
I'm getting that message too, on 10.10.5, after today's Safari and security updates.

Being an advertising site I'm happy to prevent it from getting a certificate, but there doesn't seem to be an "always deny" option :(

I guess we'll all have to buy new single port Mac-Thins. :rolleyes:

Pop11

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2015
The 10.11.2 update screwed up my wife's user account (no others were messed up). System response on her log in is very slow and applications will not launch nor will system preferences. (both giving errors) Any suggestions on how to fix would be great.
I've also been getting slowness on my iMac since 10.11.2, plus failed app launches and several complete freeze-ups requiring a forced shutdown. The crash reports in Console seem to point to "mds" as the source of the problem. I think that's the Spotlight daemon.

My system appears to be settling now (no freezes for an hour) so maybe Spotlight has finished indexing.

regmondf

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2015
Just for your information.
My MP late 2013 refused to shut up normally after upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan. :eek:
Like in your case only the On/Off power button did it.
I was therefore forced to clean install 10.11 :mad:

Now however a new bug appeared. :eek:
No way to install Windows with the new BootCamp which does not create any longer a boot pen drive.
Windows doesn't recognize the NTFS formated partition and stops the installation! :(
Since BootCamp demands only one single partition, which was no longer the case after the creation of the (useless!) BootCamp NTFS partition, in order to get Windows I had:
1) to erase the total inner drive including El Capitan to have one partition
2) to reinstall Yosemite in it
3) to install Windows with Yosemite's BootCamp and a pen drive
4) to erase back Yosemite from the inner drive
5) to restore El Capitan from a clone external drive to the inner drive. :oops:

Strange way that Apple has to improve its OSX... :rolleyes:
Ed

I have upgraded my Late 2013 MP Retina and has not been able access my USB DVD Superdrive since!!! El Capitan is De- capitan.

Reactions: JamesPDX

navaira

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2015
Amsterdam, Netherlands
The one and only plus of El Capitan for me has been improving wifi. Which I believe happened in 10.10.5 as well. Of course I could have simply not upgraded, but I'm a bloody early adopter and I want new things.

OK, it's nice to move Spotlight around. Not that I ever do that but in case I suddenly feel the urge I will be able to. Yay.

Reactions: George Dawes

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Ever since I updated to 10.11.2, my Logitech Anywhere MX mouse pointer occasionally freezes. It's happened 4 times in the past week. This has never happened before with earlier versions. The only way to fix it is to unplug and replug the dongle.
Anyone else experience this?

Charcoalwerks

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2011
Maryland
First release of El Capitan had bunch of leaks in mDNSResponder vicinity, it almost halted the system after some heavy UDP/TCP traffic (this is what uTorrent does behind the scene).

Today's beta is definitely an improvement - it is almost as stable as Yosemite was in that regard.

Also it seems that you're hitting a bug in uTorrent as well, it waits to free sockets or something...

Thanks for the info.

Yesterday iBooks would not open at all. I reinstalled El Capitan and now it works.

I still cannot get Dreamweaver CC to open. Even after the java download from Apple. All the other CC apps I use work fine like Ps, Ai, Muse, and Id. Anyone else having this problem?

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
="votdfak, post: 22358525, member: 552204"]wifi woes with 10.11.2
Good that this message has below the information of hardware affected.
Since bugs are clearly not the same in different setups, the more precisely the hardware and components are mentioned in the post, the more useful that info is for other readers. :)
Unfortunately many people ignore such a clear fact. :oops:
ALWAYS include YOUR HARDWARE either below or inside the post TOGETHER WITH THE BUG, PLEASE! o_O
Ed

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I finally got around to updating from Yosemite to 10.11.2 today. Strange it took this long for me since I ran the Public Beta of it. :p

I did both Mac's, the MacBook Pro and the Mac Mini. I've already seen Tweetbot crash, a lot, and Messages crash several times. This is not fun, and it's on both Mac's and I have all the latest updates for Tweetbot and OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.