Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

GermanSuplex

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
After the first release rendered my system buggy, and the most recent release rendered it useless, I tried to re-install over the existing install (I've done this before on Lion, I believe, and it leaves your files intact while replacing any system files you may have accidentally removed/corrupted). However, this did nothing to help me in this case. So I booted up into recovery mode, deleted the install and did a fresh install. Lost all my files (as expected of course, since I had nothing I can't live without that wasn't backed up to iCloud/External drive), but everything seems to be working now.

In reality, I haven't done a fresh install in over 3 years, so I guess it isn't that big of a deal.

xGig

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2015
So i did a clean install of el capitan today and i found some problems already:
Bluetooth: Can send but not receive ( tried all the possible solutions, but none worked)
Colours: Not sure if its just me but i do find that they are way more plain after i upgraded from maverick (Color LCD)
Log in after turn on: after i log in my password i have to wait 2 minutes ( i didn't have to wait before).

macbook pro retina mid 2014

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
So i did a clean install of el capitan today and i found some problems already:
Bluetooth: Can send but not receive ( tried all the possible solutions, but none worked)
Colours: Not sure if its just me but i do find that they are way more plain after i upgraded from maverick (Color LCD)
Log in after turn on: after i log in my password i have to wait 2 minutes ( i didn't have to wait before).

macbook pro retina mid 2014
Everything is "just working"... :confused:

Reactions: George Dawes

Phoenixx

Suspended
Jul 3, 2015
The bizarre bug I have come across is with USB devices. With certain devices I always have to plug them in twice. It's particularly noticeable on USB flash drives, and USB sound cards used for external microphones. It's happening on both my iMac and Macbook, so it isn't just the one machine. On my iMac, I've got around this with a switched USB hub, which makes things a bit easier.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
bug on displaying the right battery on the hotspot
connect to your iphone using hotspot and make sure to have full battery on your phone
after using for a while your mac, my iphone battery is at 45% but on osx its still full

yuuuuge

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2015
Does anyone have problems with keychain access in El Capitan? When I try to retrieve a password, I get these unreadable instances in the password field after authentication: "2GMS9BemhQbFQ3SDVGYUZpY2VvSG01Y3dVS3UySW83NnJoVFloMlpuU2hOQ1pGSWdPckpEdGR1bjZ6SzZYaUFUQ0tU|NjQ1NTI5NjE5Mjk5LmFwcHMuZ29vZ2xldXNlcmNvbnRlbnQuY29t|bnU2cFhEVjBOT19IVXl3eVA4aHVoMlhs|YUhSMGNITTZMeTlrYjJOekxtZHZiMmRzWlM1amIyMHZabVZsWkhNdnxhSFIwY0hNNkx5OTNkM2N1WjI5dloyeGxZWEJwY3k1amIyMHZZWFYwYUM5a2NtbDJaUT09fGFIUjBjSE02THk5M2QzY3VaMjl2WjJ4bFlYQnBjeTVqYjIwdllYVjBhQzluYjI5bmJHVjBZV3hyfGFIUjBjSE02THk5M2QzY3VaMjl2WjJ4bFlYQnBjeTVqYjIwdllYVjBhQzlrYjJOenxhSFIwY0hNNkx5OTNkM2N1WjI5dloyeGxZWEJwY3k1amIyMHZZWFYwYUM5amIyNTBZV04wYzNSdmNtVXVjbVZoWkc5dWJIaz0="
What's wrong here? Also, can I temporarily disable keychain access?

ltorrelles

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
Anyone else experiencing these beautiful graphical glitches?

t42tomL.jpg

aliensporebomb

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2005
Minneapolis, MN, USA, Urth
My El Capitan issue (wish I hadn't upgraded actually at this point):

I have a 27" 5k iMac (i7 processor with M290X graphics card).
I run an external 30.5 display via a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter.
I run another external display via a thunderbolt to VGA adapter.

Everything works except if the iMac display gets blanked (I have the cpu set to blank the display after 15 minutes).

When the CPU wakes, the internal and external VGA display wake, the HDMI display (the big one) doesn't.

I have to either power cycle the HDMI display or reboot the CPU.

This is an annoying problem because Yosemite didn't have it.

I'm sure I'll find more as time goes on. Ideas?

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
When the CPU wakes, the internal and external VGA display wake, the HDMI display (the big one) doesn't.

I have to either power cycle the HDMI display or reboot the CPU.

This is an annoying problem because Yosemite didn't have it.

I'm sure I'll find more as time goes on. Ideas?

I'm not certain but I suspect HDMI is badly supported because I had a similar problem with Mac Mini 2014. After I switched to Thunderbolt to DVI adapted problem vanished. Its possible that may not help in your case because iMac has different GPU and drivers...?

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
UK
Youtube causing freezing on wake (try it!) this jas happened twice to me within 2 weeks (clean install 3 weeks ago)

1. Upload video to youtube - leave it - let the mac sleep

2. Ater upload the mac sleeps - wake it up the day after (or whenever not sure how long it takes)

3. Mac is frozen, only thing moving is the mouse cursor - you can see the time it froze! The youtube upload page will show 'processing' ie it uploads then freezes when youtube processes the video.

Both videos I've uploaded have been +20mins (I think)

DJTaurus

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2012
Freezing Mac is becoming a daily thing mostly when i am on Safari opening tabs or watching youtube videos.... force reboot the only option.

Reactions: cabbageman

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Anyone having iMessage issues? iMessage sync is a "killer feature" for me, one of the best things with a Mac and iPhone combined.

However, having severe issues with it in El Capitan, even after resetting NVRAM.

This worked flawless in Yosemite. Any tips appreciated.

SvZQvzY.png

psik

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
Anyone having iMessage issues? iMessage sync is a "killer feature" for me, one of the best things with a Mac and iPhone combined.

However, having severe issues with it in El Capitan, even after resetting NVRAM.

This worked flawless in Yosemite. Any tips appreciated.

SvZQvzY.png

I am having no problems on 10.10.2 .. In fact I am using it right now...

steveOooo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2008
UK
Anyone getting this strange graphical glitch - it happened just a moment ago whilst browsing Safari - quit safari and it f-offs - so seems like Safari 9.0.2 is sabotaging your mac!

Glitch -

Actually just noticed - glitches stop when i switch back to QuickTime player 10 to turn of the screen capture and flashes back after switching to safari

raymond7

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2016
Soo, this just happened

Was skipping through a movie in QuickTime, and suddenly out of nowhere the "preview app" starts to hog 61GB RAM. I had not even opened any PDF's or pictures.

So ofcourse mac immediately starts to swap, no slow-ness noticeable, and suddenly a popup appears to force quit memory hogging applications, since memory was getting low...

Pretty funny and scary at the same time xD

bug?.png

Reactions: cabbageman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.