Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
macOS Extractor 1.43 has been released. Details shown below:
Dear TMRJIJ: Enclosed to the left a screenshot of the upper part (which goes on like this pattern for quite a long part of the desktop if scrolling it down).

Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-29 um 22.59.05.png Bildschirmfoto 2018-07-29 um 23.00.19.png
and to the right one of the lower part which seems to me machine code although I suspect both images are.
Both taken using Firefox in my MB 4.1 with the hacked Yosemite thanks to your MCPF.
Regards. Ed
[doublepost=1532898655][/doublepost]
Can you send a screenshot of what you are seeing? I've check the link and it appears to be working correctly on my MB4,1 and MBP11,1.
See please the screenshots above.
Regards
Ed

Last edited:

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
South Carolina, United States
Dear TMRJIJ: Enclosed to the left a screenshot of the upper part (which goes on like this pattern for quite a long part of the desktop if scrolling it down).

View attachment 773442 View attachment 773443
and to the right one of the lower part which seems to me machine code although I suspect both images are.
Both taken using Firefox in my MB 4.1 with the hacked Yosemite thanks to your MCPF.
Regards. Ed
[doublepost=1532898655][/doublepost]
See please the screenshots above.
Regards
Ed
These are Apple Disk Image files which should (by default) download and mount. I don’t know why Firefox on your Mac is trying to read it as a webpage.
Double check your settings to see how Firefox handles ‘DMG’ files:

• Edit (or
    2014-01-10-13-08-08-f52b8c.png
    ) > Preferences > Applications
  • Scroll to ‘DMG files’, make sure it is set to "Always Ask"
If the File Extension is not there at all, you may need to reinstall Firefox or use Safari or Google Chrome to download it.

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
These are Apple Disk Image files which should (by default) download and mount. I don’t know why Firefox on your Mac is trying to read it as a webpage.
Double check your settings to see how Firefox handles ‘DMG’ files:

• Edit (or
    2014-01-10-13-08-08-f52b8c.png
    ) > Preferences > Applications
  • Scroll to ‘DMG files’, make sure it is set to "Always Ask"
If the File Extension is not there at all, you may need to reinstall Firefox or use Safari or Google Chrome to download it.
Hello TMRJIJ
I followed your instructions and my Firefox was exactly as you said it should be.
With Safari however your link downloaded a 5.9 MB .dmg file.
It looks very impressive indeed.
Thank you for your effort.
Ed

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Hi TMRJIJ
Before risking to try the upgrade and maybe ruin :eek: my hacked Yosemite (obtained thanks to your MCPF ;)) using the new Extractor, may I ask you if you managed with that new Extractor actually to install a working Sierra in your MB 4.1 with iSight, sound, wifi etc. reasonably working? :rolleyes:
Thank you very much in advance for your answer. :)
Ed

wflaw

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2018
presently Ct, Soon to change
I asked a couple of questions back at post 1470, I have gotten 10.7 to install now and am running into another problem. I partitioned my hard drive into 2, One has 10.6.8, the other lubuntu 18.04. when I go to update to Lion, I hold "C" or option and does not go to optional boot screen so I can replace Snow Leopard. Will I need to erase one or the other OS's in order to clean install Lion. I guess I don't need to do clean install, But... Any suggestions? Oh and I used rEFIt to get the two partitions on a boot screen. Last thing, sorry, if I were to just let the usb installer run, will it just update 10.6 to 10.7 without doing anything?

Last edited:

wflaw

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2018
presently Ct, Soon to change
I asked a couple of questions back at post 1470, I have gotten 10.7 to install now and am running into another problem. I partitioned my hard drive into 2, One has 10.6.8, the other lubuntu 18.04. when I go to update to Lion, I hold "C" or option and does not go to optional boot screen so I can replace Snow Leopard. Will I need to erase one or the other OS's in order to clean install Lion. I guess I don't need to do clean install, But... Any suggestions? Oh and I used rEFIt to get the two partitions on a boot screen. Last thing, sorry, if I were to just let the usb installer run, will it just update 10.6 to 10.7 without doing anything?
As an update, I have erased partitions and finally installed macos Lion. I have also found this machine will not boot from a "bootable" usb drive. I've done everything by the book, but it will not boot from it. I put the image file from the bootable 10.7 os on the desktop and just updated Snow Leopard. I'm not sure if that will work with Macpostfactor. Anyone on this thread know how to "force" a USB drive to be recognized? I made the drive on a different machine so the 10.10 app is not this machine that I want to upgrade. When I installed lubuntu on a partition, I used a DVD+R to boot from and that worked just fine.

mvzen

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2018

Hello,

I have a late 2006 iMac 6,1 (with 7300gt) and I didn’t see this model referenced (stops at iMac 5,1) does this mean it is not supported ?

Running Lion and wanting to jump to Yosemite.

Thank you,

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I'm having problems doing this, can someone explain on my post or here what I'm doing wrong or what's going wrong?
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macbook-2007-help-with-upgrading-to-unsupported-system.2132972/
I can unfortunately only answer to your request of help that it took me many failures (!) and a lot of efforts (!) until (trying with both MCPF from inside the Mac and also installed in a USB stick), ONE DAY it began to install first Mavericks and later I could upgrade to Yosemite.
I cannot explain why it happened :confused: and if having MCPF in the inner HD and also in a USB stick helped or not :rolleyes:.
Do not give up and try again. You are not doing anything wrong. One day MCPF might work also for you.
Unfortunately I cannot give you any other more useful answer. :(
The whole procedure is very tricky :eek:
The previous Extractor never worked for me (or I simply did not understand all the steps mentioned there) but MCPF one day did.
I have not tried the all new Extractor but judging by the looks of it, it might be easier to work with than with the previous Extractors.
If I were you I would give it a try. There is a link to it in one of the TRMJIJ posts.
Before changing anything... do not forget to clone your present Lion (!) just as a safety measure.:rolleyes:
I myself prefer not to risk to ruin my Yosemite tryng to upgrade it further using the new Extractor because the Yosemite was so difficult to obtain!
I have even made several clones in external USB drives as a measure of precaution.
Good luck and do not despair.;)
Ed

derpysteve1231

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Noitacol
I can unfortunately only answer to your request of help that it took me many failures (!) and a lot of efforts (!) until (trying with both MCPF from inside the Mac and also installed in a USB stick), ONE DAY it began to install first Mavericks and later I could upgrade to Yosemite.
I cannot explain why it happened :confused: and if having MCPF in the inner HD and also in a USB stick helped or not :rolleyes:.
Do not give up and try again. You are not doing anything wrong. One day MCPF might work also for you.
Unfortunately I cannot give you any other more useful answer. :(
The whole procedure is very tricky :eek:
The previous Extractor never worked for me (or I simply did not understand all the steps mentioned there) but MCPF one day did.
I have not tried the all new Extractor but judging by the looks of it, it might be easier to work with than with the previous Extractors.
If I were you I would give it a try. There is a link to it in one of the TRMJIJ posts.
Before changing anything... do not forget to clone your present Lion (!) just as a safety measure.:rolleyes:
I myself prefer not to risk to ruin my Yosemite tryng to upgrade it further using the new Extractor because the Yosemite was so difficult to obtain!
I have even made several clones in external USB drives as a measure of precaution.
Good luck and do not despair.;)
Ed
I think I might have figured the problem out, I partitioned my drive out to where they were both 30gb out of the 80gb. since it probably needed more storage it would fail...I dunno if I can test this cause I pretty much messed up the drive of the macbook (reinstalled osx lion 10.7 over 10.7.5) which corrupted finder and so I'm attempting another reinstall and if that doesn't work I plan to get snow leopard, wipe my drive via disk utility off that sl usb, upgrade to lion, update lion from 10.7 to 10.7.5, then create a new yosemite usb, boot into it, then finally wipe the hdd and try an install on the hd...Wish me luck cause just explaining this all out has hurt my head more than taking a hammer to it...
considering I got the latest extractor to work quite well but it didn't install to the flash drive correctly I'd say it might work, it allows sierra apperently

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I think I might have figured the problem out, I partitioned my drive out to where they were both 30gb out of the 80gb. since it probably needed more storage it would fail...I dunno if I can test this cause I pretty much messed up the drive of the macbook (reinstalled osx lion 10.7 over 10.7.5) which corrupted finder and so I'm attempting another reinstall and if that doesn't work I plan to get snow leopard, wipe my drive via disk utility off that sl usb, upgrade to lion, update lion from 10.7 to 10.7.5, then create a new yosemite usb, boot into it, then finally wipe the hdd and try an install on the hd...Wish me luck cause just explaining this all out has hurt my head more than taking a hammer to it...
considering I got the latest extractor to work quite well but it didn't install to the flash drive correctly I'd say it might work, it allows sierra apperently
Sorry if my long post confused you.
Good luck with your efforts!
If you manage to install through the new Extractor a reasonably working Sierra with sound, iSight, wifi, etc. please post it so other people will know it is possible. Thanks in advance!
Again good luck!

derpysteve1231

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Noitacol
my original theory didn't work however installing macos extractor was what got me somewhere interesting...First off the original instructions for MacOS extractor are extremely outdated or plain wrong and can cause it to completely fail each time so I'd like to create a small better guide for the latest version.
1. Download the MacOS OFFLINE PACKAGE (unless you have good and reliable internet on your mac I'd recommend the offline version Link http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_153538701484116&key=da7846f9c7bf9c1a01a023cce0263f39&libId=jlchruhy0101ctzq000DAb8x76wql&loc=http://osxhackers.net/macos-extractor.html&v=1&out=https://mega.nz/#!B3ZAHYQB!_mg1ojdOoG030jgF4I26I1PJALAQUjB__fFagnef-_Y&ref=https://www.google.com/&title=OS X Hackers - macOS Extractor&txt=Download from Provider (Mega)

2. Insure you either have sierra?, el captain, yosemite, mavericks, or mountain lion's installer app in your applications folder and startup the installer.

3. Keep clicking on continue until you reach the last screen before you install, then select customize and in the next screen select the version that corresponds to your version, then hit continue and install, when it prompts you to input your password do that and wait for it to complete.

4. go to applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/ and run AutoPatch.mpkg, IMPORTANT! right before you install your package go into disk utility and format either a partition on your hard drive or format a flash drive to prepare for the installation to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) select options and choose GUID partition table.

5. Now go back into the installer after you've successfully partitioned your hard drive/flash drive and select the install location and select that partition/drive and hit install and run the installer. Your going to wait a while so go do something in the mean time.

6. After the installer succeeds back up the "OS X Hackers Patch Files" to a separate drive in case you decide to wipe your main drive for the new os. Now restart your computer and when the iconic boot chime starts up, hold alt option key on your keyboard and select the "OS X Base System" wait for the installer to complete.

7. Reboot and you should be in your newly installed system. if it doesn't work refer to the first post on what to do. congratulations you've successfully installed an unsupported system on your mac. Enjoy :D!

EDIT: I'm going to test Sierra soon, I don't have it and I've mainly been torrenting the installers (would be nice if someone can link me to a better versions, Preferably torrent versions as it's the only secure way I can download things without them corrupting due to poor internet.) so I'm going to torrent the installer tonight and post results tomorrow :D

EDIT:Mavericks Confirmed Working however the gma 950 kext installer seems to be a redirect to a download that 404s which is required for my macbook, does anyone have a reliable mirror?
txGfvqB.png

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
my original theory didn't work however installing macos extractor was what got me somewhere interesting...First off the original instructions for MacOS extractor are extremely outdated or plain wrong and can cause it to completely fail each time so I'd like to create a small better guide for the latest version.
1. Download the MacOS OFFLINE PACKAGE (unless you have good and reliable internet on your mac I'd recommend the offline version Link http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_153538701484116&key=da7846f9c7bf9c1a01a023cce0263f39&libId=jlchruhy0101ctzq000DAb8x76wql&loc=http://osxhackers.net/macos-extractor.html&v=1&out=https://mega.nz/#!B3ZAHYQB!_mg1ojdOoG030jgF4I26I1PJALAQUjB__fFagnef-_Y&ref=https://www.google.com/&title=OS X Hackers - macOS Extractor&txt=Download from Provider (Mega)

2. Insure you either have sierra?, el captain, yosemite, mavericks, or mountain lion's installer app in your applications folder and startup the installer.

3. Keep clicking on continue until you reach the last screen before you install, then select customize and in the next screen select the version that corresponds to your version, then hit continue and install, when it prompts you to input your password do that and wait for it to complete.

4. go to applications/OS X Hackers Patch Files/ and run AutoPatch.mpkg, IMPORTANT! right before you install your package go into disk utility and format either a partition on your hard drive or format a flash drive to prepare for the installation to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) select options and choose GUID partition table.

5. Now go back into the installer after you've successfully partitioned your hard drive/flash drive and select the install location and select that partition/drive and hit install and run the installer. Your going to wait a while so go do something in the mean time.

6. After the installer succeeds back up the "OS X Hackers Patch Files" to a separate drive in case you decide to wipe your main drive for the new os. Now restart your computer and when the iconic boot chime starts up, hold alt option key on your keyboard and select the "OS X Base System" wait for the installer to complete.

7. Reboot and you should be in your newly installed system. if it doesn't work refer to the first post on what to do. congratulations you've successfully installed an unsupported system on your mac. Enjoy :D!

EDIT: I'm going to test Sierra soon, I don't have it and I've mainly been torrenting the installers (would be nice if someone can link me to a better versions, Preferably torrent versions as it's the only secure way I can download things without them corrupting due to poor internet.) so I'm going to torrent the installer tonight and post results tomorrow :D

EDIT:Mavericks Confirmed Working however the gma 950 kext installer seems to be a redirect to a download that 404s which is required for my macbook, does anyone have a reliable mirror?
txGfvqB.png
I will try to attach my kext 950 for 64 bit systems.
Hope it works for you.
It is in a zip.
Ed

Attachments

• AppleIntelGMA950.kext.zip
    251.5 KB · Views: 366

Creilor

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2018
hi guys

don't know if this is a common problem here but i updated my MacBook White A1181 (Late 2007) via MacPostFactor and i installed the graphic kexts and also audio. everything works fine but somehow i can't change my brightness. neither from f1 and f2 keys nor from settings via slider.
so my question is do i need another kext for it to work or is there no way to change brightness on unsupported macs?

Edit: oh and second problem, i have 2 4gb ram sticks but i my macbook somehow can't boot yosemite with 8gb ram.. it just stops the loading bar midway and freezes somehow - with 4gb ram it works perfectly fine

Reactions: macapple194

macapple194

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2018
Hi guys,
Thanks for that guide. I would to share that the video problem (vlc doesn't work and quicktime can't open avi,etc.) can be fixed using apps like IINA or MPlayer OSX Extended.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Hi guys,
Thanks for that guide. I would to share that the video problem (vlc doesn't work and quicktime can't open avi,etc.) can be fixed using apps like IINA or MPlayer OSX Extended.
True. VLC does not show videos in a hacked system, however the VUZE p2p app has a HD video player included and it allows to see avi coded movies. QuickTime is OK for mp4 videos.
Ed
[doublepost=1536260643][/doublepost]
hi guys

don't know if this is a common problem here but i updated my MacBook White A1181 (Late 2007) via MacPostFactor and i installed the graphic kexts and also audio. everything works fine but somehow i can't change my brightness. neither from f1 and f2 keys nor from settings via slider.
so my question is do i need another kext for it to work or is there no way to change brightness on unsupported macs?

Edit: oh and second problem, i have 2 4gb ram sticks but i my macbook somehow can't boot yosemite with 8gb ram.. it just stops the loading bar midway and freezes somehow - with 4gb ram it works perfectly fine
True. Hacked systems do not allow to change brightness with the usual keys.
Regarding RAM, according to Apple 4 GB is the maximum RAM usable in old MB.
However in my MB 4.1 I can still boot with 6 GB (4+2) but NOT with 8 GB.
Ed

Last edited:

nydeepak1

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2018
Have you been able to get the Dock to work? It was there the first boot - but once I rebooted it disappeared.

2017-07-17 12:40:54.621 PM taskgated[119]: killed com.apple.dock[pid 668] because its use of the com.apple.private.tcc.manager entitlement is not allowed (error code -67063)
2017-07-17 12:40:54.621 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.Dock.agent[668]) Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9
2017-07-17 12:40:54.622 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.Dock.agent) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 1 seconds.
2017-07-17 12:40:55.000 PM kernel[0]: AMFI: Error! There is a null code directory pointer. This is an unexpected condition.
2017-07-17 12:40:55.000 PM kernel[0]: proc 669: load code signature error 4 for file "Dock"

Infinite loop

Hi, I have been facing same issue right now and it is an Mac VM where i am using Xcode and Jenkins. I am seeing the same system logs. The shell terminal and other process are getting killed for every 20sec. Please provide me if you have any solution.

tommytnt

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2018
So, guys, is there any ways to enable hw acceleration on MBP2,2 (A1211) X1600 128mb? With OpenGP Beta Mod and kexts from 10.7.5 i386, laptop shows 128mb video memory but 10.10.5 still working on apple software renderer.

Last edited:

wgantner

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2018
MacBook 4,1 (13-inch, Early 2008) | 4 GB Ram
Yosemite 10.10.5

Finally I got Yosemite running and updated successfully to 10.10.5.

It took me some time figuring out how to install Kexts, and
rm PlatformSupport.plist and sudo nvram boot-args=“kext-dev-mode=1″...
But finally it worked.

But I need support for moving on with installing Apples Security Update 2017-003...
After installing MacBook boots up and gets stuck when entering the User password at Login Screen.

Does anybody have a hint how to get Security Update 2017-003 for Yosemite on Macbook 4,1 working...

Thanks a lot.

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Hi TMRJIJ
Before risking to try the upgrade and maybe ruin :eek: my hacked Yosemite (obtained thanks to your MCPF ;)) using the new Extractor, may I ask you if you managed with that new Extractor actually to install a working Sierra in your MB 4.1 with iSight, sound, wifi etc. reasonably working? :rolleyes:
Thank you very much in advance for your answer. :)
Ed
Sorry for the late response.

As of now, No. macOS El Capitan - Sierra currently require manual patching (Guide #3 on the El Capitan Thread) because of the SIP check. I am working on figuring that out in the next version of macOSE.
Most likely, I may have to drop MB4,1 after El Capitan since these systems are struggling more and more to draw the GUI.
[doublepost=1536546458][/doublepost]

txGfvqB.png

I will update the guide accordingly with macOS Extractor v1.44 later this month.
Also, thanks for point out that 404 error.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Sorry for the late response.

As of now, No. macOS El Capitan - Sierra currently require manual patching (Guide #3 on the El Capitan Thread) because of the SIP check. I am working on figuring that out in the next version of macOSE.
Most likely, I may have to drop MB4,1 after El Capitan since these systems are struggling more and more to draw the GUI.
[doublepost=1536546458][/doublepost]

I will update the guide accordingly with macOS Extractor v1.44 later this month.
Also, thanks for point out that 404 error.
Thank you very much TRMJIJ for your late answer.
However according to your past posts, at least ElCapitan does work in your MB4.1.:confused:
I tried it myself in he past but without success.
Also the present "new" Extractor made for me no difference in that matter. ElCapitan never showed as the beginning of any installion procedure.
Maybe :rolleyes: the coming Extractor 1.44 you are preparing might help to obtain ElCapitan (???) to owners of old MBs like myself.:confused:
However I am curious:
Does ElCapitan in your MB4.1 work with WiFi, iSight, sound, etc... not worse than the hacked Yosemite does in my MB4.1???

On the same occasion allow me a second question:
My hacked Yosemite somehow (for reasons I ignore) regularly takes much too long to boot and I have to use DiskWarrior very often (from an outside volume of course) to correct it for a while...until it returns to boot very very very slowly.:eek:
Any idea why? :rolleyes: Or how to solve it? :rolleyes:
Thank you very much in advance!
Regards
Ed

Creilor

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2018
ok i get it thanks @Riwam for your help

another question.
I know Hardware acceleration is not supported with unsupported macs but is there now a way? its now several years and maybe there is a solution. OpenGL would be awesome.
I found something on the web called "OpenGL Beta Mod (10.9 - 10.12).pkg" but I really dont know how to install it.
does someone have made any exp with this mod? or are there newer kexts for GMA X3100?

currently I installed a kext and it works it also recognizes my graphic card but only 144mb. doesnt the X3100 have more mb?

Edit: I just installed the mods OpenGL framework and OpenCL framework. It shows me the boot screen and after that it just goes to a black screen with the mouse pointer. So I think it doesnt really work. Maybe I should just install the OpenGL framework?

Last edited:

TMRJIJ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Thank you very much TRMJIJ for your late answer.
However according to your past posts, at least ElCapitan does work in your MB4.1.:confused:
I tried it myself in he past but without success.
Also the present "new" Extractor made for me no difference in that matter. ElCapitan never showed as the beginning of any installion procedure.
Maybe :rolleyes: the coming Extractor 1.44 you are preparing might help to obtain ElCapitan (???) to owners of old MBs like myself.:confused:
However I am curious:
Does ElCapitan in your MB4.1 work with WiFi, iSight, sound, etc... not worse than the hacked Yosemite does in my MB4.1???

On the same occasion allow me a second question:
My hacked Yosemite somehow (for reasons I ignore) regularly takes much too long to boot and I have to use DiskWarrior very often (from an outside volume of course) to correct it for a while...until it returns to boot very very very slowly.:eek:
Any idea why? :rolleyes: Or how to solve it? :rolleyes:
Thank you very much in advance!
Regards
Ed
Hmm... It could be a file location bug. Is the El Capitan app name "Install OS X El Capitan.app"? Also is your partition HFS+ Case Sensitive?
El Capitan is slower than MB4,1 and USB is wonky since the chipset is completely unsupported.

If you are using a traditional Disk-spinning Hard Drive, it would be very slow at startup in general. My MBP (mid 2010) had an average boot time of 2~ minutes. Taking into account the patches added to the OS, it should normally take 3-4 minutes. Boot-up in verbose mode and check if it's hanging somewhere.

Last edited:

tommytnt

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2018
ok i get it thanks @Riwam for your help

another question.
I know Hardware acceleration is not supported with unsupported macs but is there now a way? its now several years and maybe there is a solution. OpenGL would be awesome.
I found something on the web called "OpenGL Beta Mod (10.9 - 10.12).pkg" but I really dont know how to install it.
does someone have made any exp with this mod? or are there newer kexts for GMA X3100?

currently I installed a kext and it works it also recognizes my graphic card but only 144mb. doesnt the X3100 have more mb?

Edit: I just installed the mods OpenGL framework and OpenCL framework. It shows me the boot screen and after that it just goes to a black screen with the mouse pointer. So I think it doesnt really work. Maybe I should just install the OpenGL framework?
For me (mbp2,2):
When installed OpenGL Beta Mod (10.9 - 10.12) .pkg - nothing changes
When the OpenGL framework and OpenCL framework are installed manually (from the latest macOSE) - Finder and Dock crashes all the time, so I not sure if OpenGL is working or not

Creilor

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2018
For me (mbp2,2):
When installed OpenGL Beta Mod (10.9 - 10.12) .pkg - nothing changes
When the OpenGL framework and OpenCL framework are installed manually (from the latest macOSE) - Finder and Dock crashes all the time, so I not sure if OpenGL is working or not

Hmm... I think there is a big difference between Macbook Pro and Macbook, because my MB (3.1) behaved not like your MBP.
OpenGL would be nice to have but i thinks its not really possible.
Edit: Dont know if OpenGL = Graphics acceleration but I think it would run much smoother with it... so it would be like I've said nice to have

@TMRJIJ did you guys consider to open a discord server? IMO its much better and we could help each other out much quicker. there could be tabs for yosemite, el capitan and so on.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.