Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Could you share your wallpaper please? Thanks!
Absolutely...
cheers.gif

Some of my favorites...

Attachments

• IMG_0066.JPG
    IMG_0066.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0111.JPG
    IMG_0111.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    364.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 112
Reactions: Sensamic

trenzterra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
Hi everyone,

I just realised my Combo Touch which I've got for about just a month has a slight bulge at the keyboard cover area.

Is this normal?

trenzterra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
Mine has the slight bulge also. It is where the pin connector from the case meets the iPad and it is not quite flush.

View attachment 1996742
Thanks! I also noticed that the area you circled has a "seam" where two parts of the hinge joins together and there is a tiny gap. On my case, I noticed that I am able to close this tiny gap when I press in the hinge from the side. Just wondering if yours does it too? Just wanted to make sure it's not a case where the glue on my hinge is falling apart...

Reactions: bondr006

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Thanks! I also noticed that the area you circled has a "seam" where two parts of the hinge joins together and there is a tiny gap. On my case, I noticed that I am able to close this tiny gap when I press in the hinge from the side. Just wondering if yours does it too? Just wanted to make sure it's not a case where the glue on my hinge is falling apart...
I took a close look and it is not where the silicon is attached to the case. It is very definitely the pin connector from the case where it meets the iPad not sitting flush. At least on mine. If I look on the back side where the silicon is glued to the case, there is a slight bulge but no gap like on the front where the pin connectors meet.

Edit: The line above where the connectors meet does not have a gap. That is just a shadow in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG-8904.JPG
    IMG-8904.JPG
    912.5 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG-8906.JPG
    IMG-8906.JPG
    903.2 KB · Views: 152

trenzterra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
I took a close look and it is not where the silicon is attached to the case. It is very definitely the pin connector from the case where it meets the iPad not sitting flush. At least on mine. If I look on the back side where the silicon is glued to the case, there is a slight bulge but no gap like on the front where the pin connectors meet.

Edit: The line above where the connectors meet does not have a gap. That is just a shadow in the picture.
Thanks! I was actually referring to this part:

20220426_222213.jpg

I also took a video here:

Yeah I realised the pins are jutting out which is probably why it's not fully straight. Though even when I remove the keyboard from the case, I get the "curve" as well.

Reactions: bondr006

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
Thanks! I was actually referring to this part:

View attachment 1996795

I also took a video here:

Yeah I realised the pins are jutting out which is probably why it's not fully straight. Though even when I remove the keyboard from the case, I get the "curve" as well.
They are not all like it, first one I got was and second was ok, didn't keep it though.

grmlin

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2015
Sorry to bump this thread, but does anyone own the sand variant? I like how it looks but I'm not sure how it will hold up.
Thanks!

trenzterra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
I understand that the Combo Touch is supposed to have a "click anywhere" trackpad. However, I noticed that the trackpad on my Combo Touch is a bit difficult to depress on the top left hand part of the trackpad. The other 3 corners are ok. Looking closely, it seems that the trackpad is a bit "jutting out" on the top left hand side. Does anyone's Combo Touch have the same issue?

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Are people still having disconnections with the trackpad nowadays or are the pay completely solved?

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Are people still having disconnections with the trackpad nowadays or are the pay completely solved?
I did contact Logitech support. They recommended that I turn off anything under the System>Accessibility settings. I’m not sure if that fixed anything yet.But I’ve had trouble with the trackpad cursor freezing, and the space bar not “spacing” to the next word I’m trying to type. To be fair I am wondering if I’m not hitting the space bar hard enough. Also maybe my thumb is hitting the larger trackpad? It is hard for me to tell. I do love the larger trackpad better than my Magic Keyboard folio from Apple (off topic, but Function Keys are also handy).

While I personally don’t need Accessibility settings, I am surprised the Logitech keyboard would not support those features. In fact maybe this is an ADA issue if that is the case. If Apple’s iOS is also part of the issue I could not say. I’m just an end user.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Ordered Logitech Combo Touch for my iPP 12.9.
Picked it up today, packed right back after less than 30 minutes playing with it. I dont get all the hype this ones been getting from reviewers around the world, comparing it to Magic Keyboard for iPad, saying that its almost as great at MKB but with protective case and function row and detachable keyboard vs better looks and slightly better typing experience on MKB.

Typing was horrible, with quite a few "double taps" with letters repeating, freezing of cursor that only push on the back of the case where the pins of smart connector are located or detachment of keyboard from case would solve it for a while.
Rather flexing keyboard base, cheap sounding and feeling keyboard and subpar typing experience. Typing on my Logitech K380 bt keyboard seems much more pleasing and that thing is slightly cramped compared to regular sized keyboards.
Totally not worth 200 euros I paid for it. For a 100 euro device, maybe, just maybe, hence why Im returning it.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Picked it up today, packed right back after less than 30 minutes playing with it. I dont get all the hype this ones been getting from reviewers around the world, comparing it to Magic Keyboard for iPad, saying that its almost as great at MKB but with protective case and function row and detachable keyboard vs better looks and slightly better typing experience on MKB.

Typing was horrible, with quite a few "double taps" with letters repeating, freezing of cursor that only push on the back of the case where the pins of smart connector are located or detachment of keyboard from case would solve it for a while.
Rather flexing keyboard base, cheap sounding and feeling keyboard and subpar typing experience. Typing on my Logitech K380 bt keyboard seems much more pleasing and that thing is slightly cramped compared to regular sized keyboards.
Totally not worth 200 euros I paid for it. For a 100 euro device, maybe, just maybe, hence why Im returning it.

Regarding your key taps and cursor freezing issues - you must have gotten a bad unit as I've never seen that in the year I've owned mine (iPP 12.9).

LeonPro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
Regarding your key taps and cursor freezing issues - you must have gotten a bad unit as I've never seen that in the year I've owned mine (iPP 12.9).

Same. Never had an issue. I have both Apple and Logitech. Both exhibit similar typing functionality. Each has its own use-case scenario.

Reactions: sparksd

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Well unfortunately for me I have similar problems with this Logitech product. I’m glad some people have had a 100% great experience. I abandoned mine for the Apple version some time ago, and started using the Combo due to the function keys, and larger trackpad. But freezing cursor and space bar that skips reminds me of why I had put it in a desk drawer. Luckily I don’t do a lot of typing. And yes, I’ve contacted Logitech support. But nothing so far has fixed the issues. So I do have to conclude I’ve joined the ranks of those with issues with this product.

VaruLV

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2019
Its good that it works well for you, the one I tried was totally not worth it.

Might just order MKB, but will wait for M2 iPad Pro event to see if there are any new keyboards released/upgraded current models by Apple.

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
I have an M1 Ipad Pro 11" and my Logitech Combo touch becomes unresponsive about once a month. Then I just disconnect the keyboard shortly and that usually fixes it. I have no clue why though.

NeonNights

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2022
I had the Logitech Combo Touch on my 11" IPP but returned everything to get the 12.9. I have been pretty happy with the BeScoupe full-body folio case as it is pretty lightweight and provides full protection, including for the Apple pencil. I am considering ordering the Combo Touch again for the 12.9. I have an M1 MBA but I miss being able to snap the keyboard onto the IPP and type, and then detach to reduce the weight. The fully adjustable kickstand is also a great feature, although the edge can sometimes dig into my legs when propping on my lap.

I loved the Combo Touch when I had it on the 11", but this time I will order from Apple since I have a gift card to burn. I originally ordered the first Combo Touch direct from Logitech because there was a 15% promo at the time, but Logitech received the return three weeks ago and has yet to refund my credit card. I have used Logitech's online chat three times and called their customer support twice. They keep assuring me the refund is being processed. Just a warning to others, Logitech makes great products but don't purchase directly from them in case you ever need to return anything. Buy from Apple or Amazon instead.

EDIT: Just placed my Combo Touch order with Apple, and not two minutes later received an email from Logitech with my refund finally!

Last edited:

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I loved the Combo Touch when I had it on the 11", but this time I will order from Apple since I have a gift card to burn. I originally ordered the first Combo Touch direct from Logitech because there was a 15% promo at the time, but Logitech received the return three weeks ago and has yet to refund my credit card. I have used Logitech's online chat three times and called their customer support twice. They keep assuring me the refund is being processed. Just a warning to others, Logitech makes great products but don't purchase directly from them in case you ever need to return anything. Buy from Apple or Amazon instead.
Yes, Logitech support is pretty awful and very slow. I had a warranty issue with my Combo Touch (for iPad Air; finish chipping off a letter) a year ago and it took them a month to process it even though I supplied all of the documentation and photos on day 1. Following up got to be stressful. That said, I've had the replacement for a year+ and it's worked perfectly.

And just a side note: the Logitech firmware updates app hasn't had an update for more than a year.

Last edited:

Chargr

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Getting a replacement for the 12.9. Some sides of the casing are coming off, mostly the top by the power button. Started noticing halfway the year I’ve had it. Other than that, it’s the best case I’ve had on the iPad. Hopefully the replacement last longer.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012

Two main considerations (IMO): function key and price. If you can make peace with them, go get MKB.

Reactions: VaruLV

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
The Logitech combo touch has a fundamental flaw in it: the trackpad freezes every so often, like once an hour. Just hit a key on the keyboard to get it back, but this proved extremely annoying. It’s all over the internet and probably this thread if I read all 9 pages. But just wanted to let new people know. It’s too bad, because it was a nice case and when it worked it was very well made. I switched to the Magic Keyboard because of this. It’s even better made, but just not as flexible as the combo touch. Logitech won’t acknowledge the trackpad flaw unfortunately.

Reactions: frifra and VaruLV
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.