Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2021
After trying out the ESR Rebound and finding it to be hindered with bad defects, I returned it and just ordered a LCT! I decided to pick up a lap desk too just in case and for anyone that doesn’t know, Amazon has the LCT on sale right now for the 5th Gen 12.9” iPad Pro for $183.99! I couldn’t pass up that deal and ordered it as soon as I had the money. It arrives Tuesday and I will post my thoughts on it in this thread as soon as I can gather my thoughts.

Reactions: bondr006

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
After trying out the ESR Rebound and finding it to be hindered with bad defects, I returned it and just ordered a LCT! I decided to pick up a lap desk too just in case and for anyone that doesn’t know, Amazon has the LCT on sale right now for the 5th Gen 12.9” iPad Pro for $183.99! I couldn’t pass up that deal and ordered it as soon as I had the money. It arrives Tuesday and I will post my thoughts on it in this thread as soon as I can gather my thoughts.
I ordered another one returned my last one, was $229AUD. See if I like it better. They were $175AUD a few weeks ago but only sand colour. I prefer the grey.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2021
I ordered another one returned my last one, was $229AUD. See if I like it better. They were $175AUD a few weeks ago but only sand colour. I prefer the grey.
Did you only return the last one because of the color or did you run into some issue with it?

AndroiOS

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2016
Flo-Rida
I too am having issues with the trackpad not responding or the cursor disappearing for a few seconds and I can’t find it.

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
I too am having issues with the trackpad not responding or the cursor disappearing for a few seconds and I can’t find it.
I’m having the same issue, for me touching the spacebar bring the cursor back but it is an inconvenience. I wonder how this can be correct? The good thing is i bought it with best buy insurance so i should be covered if it gets any worse and i can get a replacement. Other than, i do like the keyboard overall.

nathanielleong

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2022
Kajang, Selangor
I just got the Logitech Combo Touch and I noticed the kickstand would wobble and bounce when I use it for taking notes and drawing. I’m wondering if this is normal or did I get a defective unit.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
I’m sorry to be slightly off-topic but I really love the Combo Touch on my iPad 9th gen! And the iPad itself is great too, but nothing beats the Pro (+ Magic Keyboard) :D

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
I would love to use the magic keyboard but it sucks that there is no ”ideal” position for drawing/writing with the Apple pencil
I think the ideal position is to take out the iPad from the dock and use it case-less (with its lightest weight), this is what Apple designers were expected.

Last edited:

trenzterra

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2006
Has anyone fashioned a way to reduce the footprint of the LCT when on the lap? I was thinking of fixing a triangular-type stand (similar to those found on normal iPad cases) but am still thinking what is the best way of fashioning one

qwertyale

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Not impressed with the durability of this case - seems to have an issue over the speaker ports
mine too.
probably some heat on that place is deforming the case that should be thickier.

Attachments

• 52C8B076-F62B-46E5-BB01-5C0BF90E5DCA.jpeg
    52C8B076-F62B-46E5-BB01-5C0BF90E5DCA.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 131

qwertyale

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
have this issue now... some scratches on “S” key

it needs a better painting…

I’m very disappointed!

Attachments

• 839747A6-6EC9-4869-97F7-9660B9513D39.jpeg
    839747A6-6EC9-4869-97F7-9660B9513D39.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 117

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
Cary, NC - My Name is Rob Bond
Has anyone fashioned a way to reduce the footprint of the LCT when on the lap? I was thinking of fixing a triangular-type stand (similar to those found on normal iPad cases) but am still thinking what is the best way of fashioning one
Is yours the 12.9 or 11? I have the 11 and use it on my lap with no problems. I can see that the 12.9 might be too big though.

IMG_8424.jpg
IMG_8425.jpg

Reactions: slplss

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
mine too.
probably some heat on that place is deforming the case that should be thickier.
have this issue now... some scratches on “S” key

it needs a better painting…

I’m very disappointed!
So far I am not experiencing either of those problems. How long have you had yours? I have only had mine for about 4 months but it goes out in the field with me for my real estate work every day. Holding up really well so far.???

IMG-8746.JPG
IMG-8747.JPG
IMG-8750.jpg

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I am going to give this keyboard a try. I just recently bought the 11-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard and I find the trackpad incredibly small. I guess I am so used to the large trackpad on my MacBook Air. I saw a few videos and saw that the Logitech Combo trackpad was much larger than the MK for the 11-inch model. That will likely be a better fit for me.

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
I am going to give this keyboard a try. I just recently bought the 11-inch iPad Pro Magic Keyboard and I find the trackpad incredibly small. I guess I am so used to the large trackpad on my MacBook Air. I saw a few videos and saw that the Logitech Combo trackpad was much larger than the MK for the 11-inch model. That will likely be a better fit for me.
Not only is it larger, it is just as nice to use. Logitech has been known for its computer input devices for some time now.;) It is smooth, does all the gestures, and clicks anywhere on the trackpad. really nice experience. Not only that, it has a full row of shortcut keys. Very handy. You will appreciate the LCT very quickly. Definitely a keeper imo.

IMG_8440.jpg
iPad and Combo Touch.jpg

Reactions: slplss and sparksd

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Not only is it larger, it is just as nice to use. Logitech has been known for its computer input devices for some time now.;) It is smooth, does all the gestures, and clicks anywhere on the trackpad. really nice experience. Not only that, it has a full row of shortcut keys. Very handy. You will appreciate the LCT very quickly. Definitely a keeper imo.

View attachment 1992168 View attachment 1992169
Thank you! I received it this morning and typing on it now. I have the Magic Keyboard near me now as well. I paid the same price for both (got the MK for less than $200 brand new). I love the additional space of the keyboard on the LCT and bigger trackpad, but the only issue I’ve run into is when the LCT is on my lap.

I hope Apple releases a MK with the function keys - they are so convenient on the LCT. I find myself not even touching the screen with it.

I’ll give it a few more days to see which one I like better. They both have their pros and cons.

slplss

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
EU
So far I am not experiencing either of those problems. How long have you had yours? I have only had mine for about 4 months but it goes out in the field with me for my real estate work every day. Holding up really well so far.???

View attachment 1991708 View attachment 1991709 View attachment 1991710
I’m surprised yours hasn’t yet developed "boxer’s ears". This is how the rubber around the speakers look on mine, a year later. But it has been like that for as long as I can remember, and I only removed the case (carefully by the corners) maybe 5 times to clean the dust that might have gottten stuck behind iPad to avoid scratching it.
30FF4FCB-2738-41D7-8EA4-A7C56B8E94D6.jpeg

bondr006

macrumors 68020
Jun 8, 2010
I’m surprised yours hasn’t yet developed "boxer’s ears". This is how the rubber around the speakers look on mine, a year later. But it has been like that for as long as I can remember, and I only removed the case (carefully by the corners) maybe 5 times to clean the dust that might have gottten stuck behind iPad to avoid scratching it. View attachment 1993136
Yeah, I hope it doesn't either.???The iPP gets changed out with another folio case I have 2 to 3 times a week when I go to meet my Real Estate clients. The LCT gets used mostly at home or when I go to the library or coffee shop. I am careful with it but it does get used and changed out quite often.

IMG-8768.jpg
IMG-8772.jpg
IMG-8774.jpg

My other folio case
IMG_8416.jpg
IMG_8417.jpg
IMG_8418.jpg
IMG_8419.jpg
IMG_8422.jpg

Reactions: slplss

blulegend

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
I have tried the LCT for the iPA 5th gen and I initially really liked it. No issues typing or using the mouse. The texture of the wrist rest area does irritate the wrists a little after extended typing. Enjoy the hardware control buttons along the top.

Then curiosity got the better of me and I tried the white MKB. The trackpad seems to have a higher level of precision and sensitivity. I thought I got used to the motion for opening the LCT by pulling the kickstand and then flipping the keyboard down, but the motion of opening the MKB is simpler and less finicky. Being able to pick up and move the entire keyboard/ipad together without having to support the floppy keyboard is nice. The MKB with the ipad is a solid thing. Some keys like the return key on the MKB are smaller and that takes getting used to. The keyboard and keys themselves feel a bit more refined on the MKB. I also can’t believe the MKB can be any heavier than the LCT but it is by an ounce. The range for viewing angle is not as wide as the LCT but it seems okay for now. The slightly downward angle helps when lying down. The slightly raised position is nice and puts the smallish screen closer to my face. Love being able to remove the ipad from the case easily and quickly and use it in a minimalist fashion without all the bulk. Great for just reading/scrolling. The trade-off is it being less protected. The smaller footprint proves helpful on airplane tables and smaller surfaces.

Wish list: more secure way to store the pencil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.