Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BullHorn

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2023
So you are playing music on your iPhone and doing a workout on your watch? Did this combination ever play notifications from both sources?
No, because there is no iPhone version of the Workouts app, the only way to get it to work properly is by uploading the mp3 files to the Watch, connecting the AirPods to it as well (and make sure you don't accidentally disconnect, because the AirPods will auto-reconnect to the iPhone instead of the Watch, it seems to have higher priority) and playing the music and workout that way. It will kill your Watch battery at least x2 faster and likely disconnect, but that's the only way I ever got it to work.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
First time since running with the Apple training app, my workout disappeared afterwards. Hours after the run, only steps and calories can be found in Apple Health.
Rebooted AW and iPhone, but have no hope that it will appear magically.

Anyone had this before too?

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
First time since running with the Apple training app, my workout disappeared afterwards. Hours after the run, only steps and calories can be found in Apple Health.
Rebooted AW and iPhone, but have no hope that it will appear magically.

Anyone had this before too?

I think I had something similar once a couple of years back. But only once and don’t remember if it came back

Reactions: NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
I think I had something similar once a couple of years back. But only once and don’t remember if it came back

Did the same run from FinalSurge today and no problem afterwards.
So at least nothing reproducible because of a full workout storage or whatever.

Reactions: xDKP

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
IMG_3812.png
Skærmbillede 2024-02-01 kl. 18.24.42.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg
incoming-9D2A3D45-B1FD-4124-8BDE-78C6A00A8631.png

Wow so this was a surprise! Nothing has been mentioned of the Track Feature to have been activated in Denmark. I haven’t been on the track since the marathon season ended in the fall and the terrible ice/snow months has been holding me in other areas in the mean time.

But! I ran there today and up pops this nice message to choose a lane ! This is just a nice small but great feature!

It was an interval session with different pace workouts based on minutes but other than my in and out of the track it has snapped on tight!

Love that I can get number of laps as well as pace per lap even though I was tracking minute based intervals

Reactions: NME42 and lpb

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Cool! Great track!

Seems Apple is not good at updating their documentation:

Denmark is not in the list. And I think other countries are missing too.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Cool! Great track!

Seems Apple is not good at updating their documentation:

Denmark is not in the list. And I think other countries are missing too.
Yeah it's a super nice track and lights every evening till 9PM is a bonus.

No I haven't heard about Denmark being supported as well - in fact haven't heard of other countries supported for quite some time - maybe others have been added as well?

If some of you guys are in other locations maybe give it a go - could be fun to see.

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I am quite sure, Track Detection is available in France. But they are also missing on the list.

Edit: yes, it is available there. https://www.macrumors.com/2023/04/20/apple-watch-track-detection-france-netherlands/
Yeah remember when DC Rainmaker tested it after The Netherlands came on board - so a bit weird they don't shout a bit louder about it.

Have been showing the screenshots to some of my fellow Apple Watch running buddies here, and all thought it sounded super cool and have never heard about it.

Jana_CZ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2019
Scandinavia is lucky! I’ll need to plan some track intervals for myself for some time soon, so that I have a good excuse to check, just in case…

Anyway, I checked this thread rather to see if anyone else here experienced the “AW went crazy” bug, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255449805?sortBy=best - it has happened in the middle of my today’s run. It occurred without me actually interacting with the watch - I was just looking at it every now and then to check the pace, and at one point I noticed that the display went berserk, as if some invisible fingers kept tapping it randomly crazy fast… which eventually locked me out (but luckily didn’t call emergency services, as it happened to some other people 😶). Putting the watch on a charger supposedly helps, though I was in the middle of nowhere, so after a lot of attempts (and swearing! 🤬) I managed to restart the watch into its sane state.

There’s a new Watch OS update available so I’ll be installing it tonight, in a hope that it addresses this bug, anyway - does anyone know what’s actually triggering it? I really don’t want it to crash my next run again 😒

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Scandinavia is lucky! I’ll need to plan some track intervals for myself for some time soon, so that I have a good excuse to check, just in case…

Anyway, I checked this thread rather to see if anyone else here experienced the “AW went crazy” bug, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255449805?sortBy=best - it has happened in the middle of my today’s run. It occurred without me actually interacting with the watch - I was just looking at it every now and then to check the pace, and at one point I noticed that the display went berserk, as if some invisible fingers kept tapping it randomly crazy fast… which eventually locked me out (but luckily didn’t call emergency services, as it happened to some other people 😶). Putting the watch on a charger supposedly helps, though I was in the middle of nowhere, so after a lot of attempts (and swearing! 🤬) I managed to restart the watch into its sane state.

There’s a new Watch OS update available so I’ll be installing it tonight, in a hope that it addresses this bug, anyway - does anyone know what’s actually triggering it? I really don’t want it to crash my next run again 😒
Wow that sounds terrible - haven't tried that one. Only crazy bugs I have tried was pausing in the middle of a run and replying to a text with Siri and trying to restart the run and the watch just rebooted and split the run

Reactions: Jana_CZ

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019

Bizarre bug. Which watchOS version are you on? 10.3?

Some ghost type things can happen when it is raining on the screen. But not in that weirdness.

Jana_CZ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2019
Bizarre bug. Which watchOS version are you on? 10.3?

Some ghost type things can happen when it is raining on the screen. But not in that weirdness.
Now on 10.3, but that’s only after I installed the update. So whatever was available previously (I assume 10.2 - that’s a big oversight on my side, I should have checked before installing the update).

Rain does make the screen a bit wonky indeed, but not _this_ wonky. Also, wiping the screen was my first instinct - it didn’t help. It was like many taps per seconds (which I helplessly observed when I took the watch off my wrist to wipe the sensors side too, and the “ghost” tried to enter the unlock code over and over till it forced me to wait 5 mins before the next attempt 🤦‍♀️)

Well - the good thing it that it didn’t call anyone, didn’t send random text messages and didn’t start the SOS siren. Though I’m still a bit narked that I didn’t get the February 21.1 badge at Strava for the 10.78 + 10.63 😂

Reactions: xDKP and NME42

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Rain does make the screen a bit wonky indeed, but not _this_ wonky. Also, wiping the screen was my first instinct - it didn’t help. It was like many taps per seconds (which I helplessly observed when I took the watch off my wrist to wipe the sensors side too, and the “ghost” tried to enter the unlock code over and over till it forced me to wait 5 mins before the next attempt 🤦‍♀️)

As you write this, I remember a strange situation too. It was raining very light and the screen was also jumping between training app and watchface. First thing I did was putting in water lock. Then it was gone.
Might have been the same issue.

Jana_CZ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2019
As you write this, I remember a strange situation too. It was raining very light and the screen was also jumping between training app and watchface. First thing I did was putting in water lock. Then it was gone.
Might have been the same issue.
The trouble was that any attempt to do anything (incl. e.g. turning the watch off) was immediately interrupted by the ghost taps. But thanks for sharing, I’ve now edited the side button menu to have the water lock already on the first screen / without scrolling, that could be useful in the future 👍

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
The trouble was that any attempt to do anything (incl. e.g. turning the watch off) was immediately interrupted by the ghost taps. But thanks for sharing, I’ve now edited the side button menu to have the water lock already on the first screen / without scrolling, that could be useful in the future 👍
Apple is investigating this issue:

Reactions: Jana_CZ

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Had an old weird issue yesterday on my long run - had progressive speeding up during the last 3rd part of my long run - and just like on the betas with custom runs, it lost GPS just very shortly (enough to smack up a full K in terms of speed). Nothing major, but still annoying...

IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_3919.jpeg

quarq

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Had an old weird issue yesterday on my long run - had progressive speeding up during the last 3rd part of my long run - and just like on the betas with custom runs, it lost GPS just very shortly (enough to smack up a full K in terms of speed). Nothing major, but still annoying...

Is there anything in that area to cause that length of drop ? It doesn't look like it, looking at the map you posted. Submit a bug..

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
IMG_3942.jpeg

Is there anything in that area to cause that length of drop ? It doesn't look like it, looking at the map you posted. Submit a bug..
How do I submit a bug without being on beta? Only thing I have under the bug-report on the map is track-detection error

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
How do I submit a bug without being on beta? Only thing I have under the bug-report on the map is track-detection error
I always submit via Feedback Assistent and am rarely on a Beta.

Jana_CZ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2019
Heya, I suppose someone in this thread will know for sure… is there a way to generate a screenshot of a complete overview of intervals, so that it looks like this? Without putting pieces together in piccollage 🙈 (Of course there’s always an option to export to RunGap and play with a CSV etc, but… that’s even more hassle than the piccollage workaround)
Thanks!
IMG_2225.jpeg

Reactions: cubodado

NME42

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2019
Heya, I suppose someone in this thread will know for sure… is there a way to generate a screenshot of a complete overview of intervals, so that it looks like this? Without putting pieces together in piccollage 🙈 (Of course there’s always an option to export to RunGap and play with a CSV etc, but… that’s even more hassle than the piccollage workaround)
Thanks!

Simply press „Full Page“ after taking the screenshot. It is right in front of you. 😁

Reactions: cubodado
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.