Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
This time last year it had leaked about the Titanium & Ceramic versions coming to AW5 as it was spotted in watch OS 6 beta so I guess I was just hoping we might have heard something by now but no matter ?

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Unfortunately this time around the Ceramic version is only available via the Apple online store or one of their flagship stores.
[automerge]1597402374[/automerge]

Correct

That’s true for brand new models. I think it would be more wise to buy secondhand or refurbished and save up to £900. The depreciation on ceramic models is quite eye watering and they are a great secondhand buy IMO.

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
That’s true for brand new models. I think it would be more wise to buy secondhand or refurbished and save up to £900. The depreciation on ceramic models is quite eye watering and they are a great secondhand buy IMO.
I’m not adverse to buying second hand but my size is almost never available to buy. In fact it’s only now that a 38mm Series 2 ceramic has become available to buy. Most Ceramic owners, due to the cost, will hold on to them for 3-4 years so it’s actually quite difficult almost impossible to get one that’s less than 3 years old.

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
So, having checked the Apple UK website to check on the ceramic it appears that the 40mm is sold out which seems odd but I’ve tried every strap combination and all say not available and the same for the silver titanium in 40mm. I wonder if that means there won’t be any new stock now until the S6 is out ?

Reactions: Nimbus134 and Pitch

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So, having checked the Apple UK website to check on the ceramic it appears that the 40mm is sold out which seems odd but I’ve tried every strap combination and all say not available and the same for the silver titanium in 40mm. I wonder if that means there won’t be any new stock now until the S6 is out 🤔

Ding ding ding. That’s exactly it. Apple will slow down/reduced stock weeks before the keynote with suppliers, knowingly that they will be removing certain models from their website for sale and liquidate any other models to third-party retailers. At this point, when we start seeing ‘limited inventory’ on straps, watches and any other accessories, it’s a strong indication a replacement watch model is imminent.

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
Ding ding ding. That’s exactly it. Apple will slow down/reduced stock weeks before the keynote with suppliers, knowingly that they will be removing certain models from their website for sale and liquidate any other models to third-party retailers. At this point, when we start seeing ‘limited inventory’ on straps, watches and any other accessories, it’s a strong indication a replacement watch model is imminent.
I feared as much, looks like I may have missed my chance at getting a ceramic ?

Nancy&co

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2019
Devon
Definitely seems to be just the 40mm unfortunately as there doesn’t appear to be any problems with the 44mm, which currently has a delivery date for the first week of September. ?

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I've been using my Ceramic since December and I am looking for new bands. Any recommendations? Any type I am looking for: sport and fancy. Thanks!

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
I've been using my Ceramic since December and I am looking for new bands. Any recommendations? Any type I am looking for: sport and fancy. Thanks!

I'm using the surf blue sport band with the ceramic right now and I think the combination looks great! It definitely has a "summer" vibe to it.

nattK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
The Upside Down
Oh ok do you mind sharing a picture?😀

I don't think indoor lighting does it justice but here you go. The blue's a slightly lighter shade than the photo.

IMG_1648.jpeg

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
I bought the hermes black leather band to go with the ceramic but i haven't used it yet. the only thing about the ceramic is that your color choices are definitely different compared to say gold. I think gold has really good variety band color choices. Ceramic, i go out of my way to get more brighter colors.

Reactions: athousandbands

nikotown

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2019
San Francisco
I recently noticed a black stain on my ceramic pin that doesn't seem to go away with water and soap no matter how I hard I scrub it. Personally I'm a little baffled how the it got stained in the first place. Polished ceramic doesn't seem like something that would stain easily and the rest of the band is miraculously stain-free. The stain and my OCD are driving me nuts.

View attachment 928801
this happened to my ceramic AW3, but it has not happened to my AW5 band, which I’m surprised.

louisitou

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2016
Bonn, Germany
Glad to see my Ceramic Watch S5 turned out to be a Limited Edition now :)
Im loving it everyday more & it will be the first time im not upgrading to a new series.

• Love
Reactions: jaytee86

jaytee86

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2019
I have a Ceramic. I understand it’s discontinued. What happens with spare parts? I have Apple Care on it.

it will continue to be supported as long as our applecare is active :)
[automerge]1600214084[/automerge]
Glad to see my Ceramic Watch S5 turned out to be a Limited Edition now :)
Im loving it everyday more & it will be the first time im not upgrading to a new series.

fully agree with you, that's actually my exact first thought when i was looking through the apple watch 6 announcement recaps! our series 5 Ceramic is more valuable to us now~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.