Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Al Gordon (albabe)

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
A few Techy Folks on one of the Apple Discussion Pages thinks that since this seems to be System-Wide in a Few OSs, that this may be something that Apple meant purposefully... Heaven knows what though.

amok-san

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
Someone one the Apple-board suggested this:

1)Enable the develop menu from Safari->Preferences->Advanced->Show Develop menu in menu bar (a checkbox)

2)From the newly visible Develop menu bar dropdown, enable Disable Local File Restrictions

Anybody tried this?

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
Someone one the Apple-board suggested this:

1)Enable the develop menu from Safari->Preferences->Advanced->Show Develop menu in menu bar (a checkbox)

2)From the newly visible Develop menu bar dropdown, enable Disable Local File Restrictions

Anybody tried this?
I even tried to restart to see if it was working but it doesn't

Reactions: amok-san

FrakeTrain

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
This won't be fixed until they address it in Catalina Safari 14.0.3 or above, if ever released. I was hoping there would be a Safari update with this Security Release like the last one. Still waiting for my audio interface peeps to update their drivers for BS, then I guess farewell to the often nasty kitty CAT, and hello to the bugs in BS... such is modern techie life. ? Anyone know if BS Safari has this issue?

Reactions: Al Gordon (albabe)

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
This won't be fixed until they address it in Catalina Safari 14.0.3 or above, if ever released. I was hoping there would be a Safari update with this Security Release like the last one. Still waiting for my audio interface peeps to update their drivers for BS, then I guess farewell to the often nasty kitty CAT, and hello to the bugs in BS... such is modern techie life. ? Anyone know if BS Safari has this issue?
Safari 14.0.3 is sure to arrive any time now as it's already in Big Sur. For some reason, Apple tends to release the Safari patches a bit after the related security and OS updates.

Reactions: Al Gordon (albabe)

FrakeTrain

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
Safari 14.0.3 is sure to arrive any time now as it's already in Big Sur. For some reason, Apple tends to release the Safari patches a bit after the related security and OS updates.
Since you seem familiar with Safari in BS, does this bug exist?

Al Gordon (albabe)

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
Hey... you must be the same guy I just talked with somewhere else in the Cosmos!

FrakeTrain

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
Hey... you must be the same guy I just talked with somewhere else in the Cosmos!
Yup, same techie, same problem, different moniker, sister discussion on Apple Communities. Still looking for an answer if this bug exists in BS? Anyone?

FrakeTrain

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
Right you are, Safari 14.0.3 for Catalina just showed up. I will wait a day for the two to install. Anyone who has the courage, please let us know if the Safari Update fixes this longstanding issue. ?

Al Gordon (albabe)

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
Right you are, Safari 14.0.3 for Catalina just showed up. I will wait a day for the two to install. Anyone who has the courage, please let us know if the Safari Update fixes this longstanding issue. ?
Ooooorrrr... makes your computer a Brick like Two Safaris ago...

Anyone that installs these patches in Mojave, please post here.

Al Gordon (albabe)

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
Where else do you go to see if ppl are having problems with these patches?

Suspended
Aug 28, 2014

Attachments

• macrumors-simple-logo-light.png
    macrumors-simple-logo-light.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    465.5 KB · Views: 89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.