Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tony_YYZ

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2015
Yup that’s it. So I copied his watch face complications, but my digital time shows seconds, his does not. How do I remove the seconds?
The face removes the seconds when it goes into the lower power AOD state.

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Interesting comments about the SB ML. I had a third-party one for a time, but the only scratches are on the band itself (and they are minor). Been thinking of getting the Real Thing now that it is cheaper, but I prefer my Nike Sport Loops when I don't need "fancy" and my Link Bracelet when I do...

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I have used a black ML for nearly two years without scratching the watch. Just have to take care when putting it on, taking it off and laying it down. It really takes very little effort to avoid scratching. .

My scratches happened without me knowing it was a potential issue. And yes, you can avoid but it only takes one slip up and you have scratches. Not worth it to me...

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Cross post with ceramic thread... trying to decide which one to keep.

cca8f1b7ee7af6f46c3446d41b4acaf4.jpg

Reactions: Lycanthrope

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
SS. Pairs with more bands. Ceramic looks like plastic to me. Or, you can do as I did and keep two watches. I bought the SBSS and titanium. I couldn’t decide which I liked better so I’m keeping both.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
SS. Pairs with more bands. Ceramic looks like plastic to me. Or, you can do as I did and keep two watches. I bought the SBSS and titanium. I couldn’t decide which I liked better so I’m keeping both.
Which colours and do you have photos of them you could post side by side please?

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Here you go. Sorry lighting isn’t great.
[automerge]1572049899[/automerge]

[automerge]1572049941[/automerge]

Attachments

• E7BD5978-0F8F-42EC-BB76-BF73C84AA95A.jpeg
    E7BD5978-0F8F-42EC-BB76-BF73C84AA95A.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 205

FCDP

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2007
Toronto, Canada
was that Ion-X or Sapphire?
My series 3 sbss had its sapphire watch face scratched by my sb milanese loop.

700573-9e75cfab4b80b034847c7f77cbd26805.jpg

I took great care to avoid having this happen, and it still scratched the face at some point. It's easier just not using it.

Interesting comments about the SB ML. I had a third-party one for a time, but the only scratches are on the band itself (and they are minor). Been thinking of getting the Real Thing now that it is cheaper, but I prefer my Nike Sport Loops when I don't need "fancy" and my Link Bracelet when I do...

This is exactly what I'm doing with my series 5 sbss. Link bracelet most of the time, and a sport loop for more cozy and casual days. That being said, the link band is still incredibly comfortable.

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
Cross post with ceramic thread... trying to decide which one to keep.

cca8f1b7ee7af6f46c3446d41b4acaf4.jpg

I had the same problem. I had the Ceramic and the Hermes SS. Ultimately I chose to stay with the Hermes because I wear suits every day and have tons of band that go with it. But I did prefer the larger size of the Ceramic and how nice the watch looked. I just wasn't sure about wearing it with a suit every day. Still not sure I made the right choice but I figure I can always buy it again if I feel like I really have to have it.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Not to rub it in but, people keep saying they took extreme care but, the ML still scratched their watch. Well, they obviously weren't that careful. I have used a ML for nearly two years without it scratching my SBSS. You have to be sure the ML doesn’t come into contact with the watch while taking it on and off your wrist, off and on the charger and laying it down And especially when changing bands.

Reactions: rMBP2013

perezr10

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2014
Monroe, Louisiana
I had the same problem. I had the Ceramic and the Hermes SS. Ultimately I chose to stay with the Hermes because I wear suits every day and have tons of band that go with it. But I did prefer the larger size of the Ceramic and how nice the watch looked. I just wasn't sure about wearing it with a suit every day. Still not sure I made the right choice but I figure I can always buy it again if I feel like I really have to have it.

you definitely made the right choice. I have A corporate finance job and would never wear a white watch that looks like a fisher price toy. I know some guys like the plasticky swatch look, but not me. I have always loved the Gray Ceramic watch though. Apple needs a ceramic watch that isn’t white.

i bought a SS Series 5 and am real happy with it.

Reactions: rMBP2013

Donnation

Suspended
Nov 2, 2014
you definitely made the right choice. I have A corporate finance job and would never wear a white watch that looks like a fisher price toy. I know some guys like the plasticky swatch look, but not me. I have always loved the Gray Ceramic watch though.

Yeah I kind of felt the same way. I really liked wearing it outside of work but didn’t want to buy both of Apples most expensive watches. I feel the stainless steel just goes so well with either casual, business, or formal.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I’ve decided to go stainless steel again but gold this time. The Ceramic just is too expensive and can’t justify the price.

I am struggling with the ceramic vs SS decision also. I like the ceramic but not sure I love it. And the price difference is in the back of my mind for something I don’t love, at least not yet.

I don’t love the SS either but I do like. I have had SBSS for a few iterations so wanted a change. My problem is I get closer to loving the SS when paired with the link bracelet but that adds $350 to the price of the SS and then I question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.