Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
I can use time in order to automate that. Turning off the wifi at the moment without any interaction.

But if I could do only disconnect wifi, it will be better.

I found something, but still far to be perfect.
I disabled auto connect to my Wifi network. So just have to turn off and on wifi and I disconnected from it. I can do that with automation so at a time when I'm usually far from the box.
But the problem is that I don't have something similar in order to connect to network box again ?

xapp

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
App Store
I created a very interesting Shortcut for my PiP app, which uses iOS 15 Shortcuts' new data input - “Receive What’s On Screen” - basically, Shortcut can see information from the app on screen, like the current URL in Browser.

I attached it to AssistiveTouch action (Back Tap works too), then in Safari/Chrome/Brave on YouTube site I'm able to launch my app with browser's URL without activating the Share Sheet or copying URL to Clipboard, simply by double tapping the AssistiveTouch button.

Demo video:

Shortcut:
- iOS 15: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/cae223a87a064501b94ad614f97017ef
- iOS 14: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/b3e78b35607d49e296e003e5dfd5db3b (Copy URL to Clipboard, before activating)

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
I'm using a "pronounce" tool nearly like this one : Shortcut Link
But I found bug with the sound. If I launch it from shortcuts app it's ok, but if I use it in a widget, the sound is to the max ?

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
After searching long and hard I (couldn’t find one pre made) finally just figured out how to make a shortcut to open the pencil in settings to turn scribble on or off. There are still some web sites that do not recognize that you wish to use the keypad (on screen) when you are in a scribble enabled field without exiting the browser, returning the pencil to the iPad and then opening it again. This short cut is simple and just 2 steps will open the pencil settings sections in the settings app. Turn on or off scribble. I found this in scan down through the article toward the bottom and you will see the list. Use the URL command. I added the shortcut to my Home Screen and widgets. It is also Siri activated.

IMG_0113.jpeg

www.macstories.net

A Comprehensive Guide to All 120+ Settings URLs Supported by iOS and iPadOS 13.1

A few weeks ago, I came across a post on Reddit claiming that Apple had restored the ability to launch specific sections of the Settings app via Shortcuts in iOS and iPadOS 13.1. I was inspired by that discovery to finish working on a project I had long been putting off: documenting all the URLs
www.macstories.net
www.macstories.net

Apple Pencil​

• Apple Pencil (iPad-only): prefs:root=Pencil.

Reactions: kkclstuff

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
Pages 10-12 of this article detail a lot of the changes made to shortcuts in iOS 15. I didn’t know about most of these changes - many make doing common things much easier.

Just a warning though, it seems the Shortcuts app in iOS 15 is buggy at the moment. You may want to hold off upgrading.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Yes, I have some shortcuts which doesn't work anymore. Have to check what happened...
The often just need updating to use the new feature. For example, I have one which prompted for a number then turned on DND for that many minutes. That failed after going to iOS 15 but I simply had to change that action to use Focus instead.

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
On iPadOS15, you card hardly delete a line in shortcuts... ?
Was using List before with text and coma, doesn't work anymore. But was more a trick than another thing ?
Had a backup of shortcuts, but now the backup isn't the same. So can't use it to import old shortcuts...

ecatomb

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2021
France
Strange, the action for sending a SMS failed...
Have to create a new shortcut in order to test that later

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Hi All,

I've got a new puzzle for you shortcut whizz kids! ?

Is it possible to create a shortcut to open up control centre on iPhones with face-id?
Swipe down from top right of screen is quite a stretch!

The internet says no.....

Hope you can advise

Best wishes
Martin

xapp

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2015
App Store
Hi All,

I've got a new puzzle for you shortcut whizz kids! ?

Is it possible to create a shortcut to open up control centre on iPhones with face-id?
Swipe down from top right of screen is quite a stretch!

The internet says no.....

Hope you can advise

Best wishes
Martin

Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap > Double/Triple Tap > Control Center

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap > Double/Triple Tap > Control Center

Hi Xapp,

Thats one way do it! :)

Unfortunately, I'm finding that way a bit fiddly as well to do one handed. almost bounced my phone out of my hand walking along concrete pavement.

I was hoping for a shortcut icon, which I could place at the bottom of the Home Screen, easy reach to get to :)

Hope you can help
Martin

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Another question

I’m trying to fix an automation That used to work before upgrading to 15.4

I now get the below error message when I click the icon on my Apple Watch, For the automation I created, which cancels all timers in the MultiTimer app, then does other stuff.

When I press allow, the automation runs as expected.

How do I give a Shortcuts permissions to this app, so the below error message doesn’t keep pinging on me every time I run it?!

I’ve looked in settings, and cannot find anywhere to give shortcuts permissions to the app.

D402624B-E174-40AB-8382-AB0EC0F64368.png

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Another question

I’m trying to fix an automation That used to work before upgrading to 15.4

I now get the below error message when I click the icon on my Apple Watch, For the automation I created, which cancels all timers in the MultiTimer app, then does other stuff.

When I press allow, the automation runs as expected.

How do I give a Shortcuts permissions to this app, so the below error message doesn’t keep pinging on me every time I run it?!

I’ve looked in settings, and cannot find anywhere to give shortcuts permissions to the app.

View attachment 1981182

You need to edit the privacy settings in the shortcut itself. See below

First, select the controls button
c4628aef1d495b6f7ae3fe30ccddf8d3.jpg

Then you should have some apps and permission toggles in this panel (I do not for this shortcut). Make sure they are toggled to allow app access and whatever other provisions it’s requesting)
cab4446e8211d49188cdbfc5faf2bc41.jpg

If you have nothing showing or if it still doesn’t work you may need to rebuild the shortcut especially if you built it in an earlier version of iOS. That seems to work frequently.

Reactions: Marty_Macfly

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
You need to edit the privacy settings in the shortcut itself. See below

First, select the controls button
c4628aef1d495b6f7ae3fe30ccddf8d3.jpg

Then you should have some apps and permission toggles in this panel (I do not for this shortcut). Make sure they are toggled to allow app access and whatever other provisions it’s requesting)
cab4446e8211d49188cdbfc5faf2bc41.jpg

If you have nothing showing or if it still doesn’t work you may need to rebuild the shortcut especially if you built it in an earlier version of iOS. That seems to work frequently.

Thats awesome, thanks for the tip! :)

Cassandle

macrumors 6502
Jun 4, 2020
Hoping this is the right place to ask for advice on a Shortcut…

I want to make a shortcut that runs consecutive timers. For example, when making a coffee I use a timer for one stage of the process and a different timer for the next (and so on). Right now I have to start a timer, press ’done’ when it ends and then start a new one.

What I’d like is for a timer to go off (say after 2 minutes) then another to go off (Say 30 seconds later).

Is this doable in Shortcuts?

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Let me know if it works!
Hi Gwhiz,

Sorry I should’ve said ages ago, it did not work.

In the end I contacted the developer who says it’s the iOS issue. I replied to him that none of my other apps do this, and hopefully he can get it sorted.

Bit sad, really. I’ve been using that app for years. Be good if the developer keeps on top of the app and its functionality with new iOS versions

Best wishes
Martin

Marty_Macfly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2020
Hoping this is the right place to ask for advice on a Shortcut…

I want to make a shortcut that runs consecutive timers. For example, when making a coffee I use a timer for one stage of the process and a different timer for the next (and so on). Right now I have to start a timer, press ’done’ when it ends and then start a new one.

What I’d like is for a timer to go off (say after 2 minutes) then another to go off (Say 30 seconds later).

Is this doable in Shortcuts?
Hiya,

That sounds an awesome first world problem! :)

Hope it is possible for you, personally I try not to do that, cause I always miss the stage ?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Hi Gwhiz,

Sorry I should’ve said ages ago, it did not work.

In the end I contacted the developer who says it’s the iOS issue. I replied to him that none of my other apps do this, and hopefully he can get it sorted.

Bit sad, really. I’ve been using that app for years. Be good if the developer keeps on top of the app and its functionality with new iOS versions

Best wishes
Martin

Thanks for reporting back. Sorry it didn’t work.

Aetles

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2002
Sweden
I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for this, but can anyone with the iOS 16 beta check if it is possible to to change settings like Raise to wake and Tap to wake with Shortcuts in iOS 16?

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for this, but can anyone with the iOS 16 beta check if it is possible to to change settings like Raise to wake and Tap to wake with Shortcuts in iOS 16?

Those would appear in the scripting actions in Shortcuts, and the only two new additions that I see are Set Focus and Set Hotspot.

Sorry….

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.