Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Mine has improved dramatically since you posted. How about you?

It is currently working reasonably well at 8am GMT. But I’m not normally up at this un-Godly hour so don’t know if that’s normal. Will see what it’s like when you guys over t’pond are up and about.

Reactions: gwhizkids

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
It is currently working reasonably well at 8am GMT. But I’m not normally up at this un-Godly hour so don’t know if that’s normal. Will see what it’s like when you guys over t’pond are up and about.

Been using it on and off today and the response time seems pretty good at this point.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
After a couple of days of it working reasonably well, certainly by Tapatalk standards, it’s now back to being absolutely useless. I’m just mentioning it here because I have messaged Tapatalk support four times and not had a single response.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
After a couple of days of it working reasonably well, certainly by Tapatalk standards, it’s now back to being absolutely useless. I’m just mentioning it here because I have messaged Tapatalk support four times and not had a single response.

Yeah it’s been up and down for me, too. I’ll email Chris at Tapatalk for an update

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Nice one thanks chap. I still get no replies from them. I can only assume it’s because I was very forthcoming with my views on how awful the app and support is on their website and they have banned me outright. However I did get a bit of support awhile ago from Chris and he was really good so I am quite surprised.

Can’t believe I’ve paid for this app LOL won’t make that same mistake again.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Nice one thanks chap. I still get no replies from them. I can only assume it’s because I was very forthcoming with my views on how awful the app and support is on their website and they have banned me outright. However I did get a bit of support awhile ago from Chris and he was really good so I am quite surprised.

Can’t believe I’ve paid for this app LOL won’t make that same mistake again.

Things are not what you’d call ‘all happy’ over at the Tapatalk forums…

The last update of the Tapatalk XenForo plugin was last August… ?

Reactions: StumpyBloke

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
I think it’s about time the app was buried. It’s not fit for purpose and the devs don’t give a crap! Their support is non-existent these days. Not one reply to all those posts in their own forums complaining of these continuing issues!

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
If I had to venture a guess (and that’s all it is) I’d say they got hit with a ransomware attack. Again just a guess but some of the signs are there (little communication about what the issue is, apparent server side problems, etc)

sabrelli

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Really slow for me to the point where i have to close app as i couldn't be bothered waiting

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
If I had to venture a guess (and that’s all it is) I’d say they got hit with a ransomware attack. Again just a guess but some of the signs are there (little communication about what the issue is, apparent server side problems, etc)
Or it could just be a continuation of the same gross incompetence they've exhibited for quite some time, now.

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Or it could just be a continuation of the same gross incompetence they've exhibited for quite some time, now.

I had never had any problems with Tapatalk until early this year. Your mileage may vary, however.

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
I had never had any problems with Tapatalk until early this year. Your mileage may vary, however.
It's been problematical for several months now. I know another Xenforo forum admin who's also has to field complaints about it since at least fall 2021...

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The app is terrible. It’s been problematic for months. I believe there is a Reddit thread discussing this.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Since the TapaTalk outage the other day (oh yes just another one to add to the list) I am now getting repeat notifications for old threads, new threads et cetera. Anyone else?

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
Thanks for confirming. I didn’t even get an alert you had replied, had to manually search. The amount of repeat notifications I am getting now is getting ridiculous. I thought the app was bad before but now it is laughable.

Same issue here with your reply. The state of notifications lately is horrendous. I barely want to open the app now.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Same issue here with your reply. The state of notifications lately is horrendous. I barely want to open the app now.

I agree. It wouldn’t be so bad if the devs ever replied with feedback about the ongoing issues. But I am now met with a wall of silence from all of them and banned from their website. Their arrogance is up there with Apples!

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Mine keeps ignoring that I’ve read a particular thread and doesn’t update.

It is really bad.

Yup that one too. As well as it won’t unsubscribe me from posts. For example I’ve unsubscribed multiple times via the app from the iOS 15.5 thread and it’s still showing me as subscribed as well as new posts, and of course the multiple repeat post for it.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Same here! Forgot to mention that one.

Progressively getting worse for me with more and more notifications going back even further. Now getting them back to the 18th of this month.

Don’t suppose you’ve heard from the developers about this? There is no point in me messaging them anymore because they don’t reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.