Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I had to google those pics, because I had no idea what teams that is.
Sorry I have no idea or nor keep I track on most clubs abroad, especially if they don’t have good Women’s team that I heard of.
But I made an effort 💪🏼
Sheffield and Leeds United, right?

Very nice mascot 😁

220px-Ozzieowl.jpg

Both clubs have Women’s team too, that I haven’t heard of.

Our hated crosstown rivals, United, are still at it too...

• Haha
Reactions: Lioness~

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I had to google those pics, because I had no idea what teams that is.
Sorry I have no idea or nor keep I track on most clubs abroad, especially if they don’t have good Women’s team that I heard of.
But I made an effort 💪🏼
Sheffield and Leeds United, right?

Very nice mascot 😁

220px-Ozzieowl.jpg

Both clubs have Women’s team too, that I haven’t heard of.
Sheffield Wednesday FC and we lost to l**ds whom we really hate.

lol

Last edited:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Saying that, he's made 2 incredible saves since

EDIT: Wow...

Last edited:

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Phew!

£60 million down the drain, Kai Havertz scores again.

Not gonna dig on Rambo, especially after two monumental saves.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Saying that, he's made 2 incredible saves since

EDIT: Wow...
True, and the Emirates crowd love him, but, having said that, something tells me that we will not often (or, even, rarely) see him in an Arsenal shirt again at any time in the future.

A hard-fought Arsenal victory (which is good, they never stopped attacking), but, one which didn't need to have been that hard fought.

That could have been a very costly error, and is the sort for which goalkeepers are not lightly forgiven (by managers).

Anyway, for however long it lasts, Arsenal are top of the table tonight.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Yikes. That City lineup highlights how desperate Pep wants to win today.

Its basically the strongest 11 he could put out and i'm not even sure there's anything left on the bench

Meanwhile, not sure what Villa were playing at today. Good on Spurs for capitalising.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Yikes. That City lineup highlights how desperate Pep wants to win today.

Its basically the strongest 11 he could put out and i'm not even sure there's anything left on the bench
I'm expecting a tight match ending in a Man City win. Nobody else can match them; they are too strong, too deep. Liverpool have injuries...Kelleher is good but today we would need Alisson in top form.

I expect Liverpool to play well, but they will need some luck to get any points off of Man City today.

Over the last few years I've increasingly gotten the feeling that any discussion of a 'title race' only serves to help preserve the lie that Man City are somehow involved in a remotely fair competition with the rest of the league.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Funny enough i think if Salah is on the pitch Liverpool could arguably be 3goals up. Bradley and Elliot have gotten to good positions but the final pass or shot lacking experience.

EDIT: Ake has awaken Liverpool and Anfield

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Liverpool are a second half team. Their best moments should come late in the match. But Man City have all the tools to win this.

What I wouldn’t give for another 99th minute Nunez winner today…

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Arsenal get their wish then. Both drop points.

But really Liverpool won the second half and should have comfortably won

But credit to City who dug in.

VAR controversy of course

Still not sure Doku is an improvement on Grealish but we'll see.

Liverpool can be proud, they largely outplayed City's best 11 but failed to convert a host of chances.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Arsenal get their wish then. Both drop points.

But really Liverpool won the second half and should have comfortably won

But credit to City who dug in.

VAR controversy of course

Still not sure Doku is an improvement on Grealish but we'll see.
I'll need to re-watch and evaluate. But my initial impression has to be positive.

With all due respect to Arsenal, I don't see dropping points to them being as big a deal as maintaining even a small advantage over Man City. If Arsenal can win out the season, hat's off to them. But they won't. Nor, I think, will Man City or Liverpool. So there are still 'twists and turns' left as the pundits say, though this weekend doesn't change my mind any about my overall finishing predictions. City win it it with 'Pool a close second and Arsenal third by a hair. But with things this close anything might happen.

Still, Liverpool are missing as many as six starters and yet they just about edged it today in my opinion. That in itself is a big win and an overperformance.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Is going to be an interesting Women's FA Cup semi final, Spurs, Man United, Chelsea and Leicester. Will it be a repeat of last years final where Chelsea beat United 1-0.

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
Enjoying the football highlights. The Liverpool and City game is fun for neutral. As for the penalty that wasn’t given, I can see why it wasn’t. But it could have gone either way.
I didn't see the game or match highlights but what I've read in the media about the game, how true it is I do not know but it has been mentioned a number of times that City put out an extremely strong team, if not it's strongest of the season so far against an injury hit Liverpool who were missing a number of key players and yet an understrength Liverpool was able to hold off an very very strong City team.

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
A win for Chelsea over Newcastle in the battle of the billionaires. But then, aren't most games those now?
Not a bad game to watch as a neutral.
Still can't help but think Chelsea should be a lot better than they are considering what they have spent and the current coach.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A win for Chelsea over Newcastle in the battle of the billionaires. But then, aren't most games those now?
Not a bad game to watch as a neutral.
Still can't help but think Chelsea should be a lot better than they are considering what they have spent and the current coach.
That sort of battle of the billionaires always leaves me unable to decide which team I wish to see defeated more.

• Haha
Reactions: HandsomeDanNZ

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
That sort of battle of the billionaires always leaves me unable to decide which team I wish to see defeated more.
This morning chatting to some football supporting friends, I made a comment about this post, I referred to it as 'Battle of the Billionaires' and said out of the two which one would you want to have lost, you know what they said? Man United. I replied 'what??!!', there response back was 'do not care if it did not involve United, we just want United to lose'. I just rolled my eyes and moved the conversation onto other things lol

• Haha
Reactions: HandsomeDanNZ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.