Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

magicman32

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
I thought about picking up one of these to try something different despite me being very happy with my 3rd Gen iPad 12.9, really does everything I need and not many complaints.

It I find it insane that they only have enhanced trade-in credit for the 2nd-Gen iPad Pro and not my version. I chatted with them and asked can I trade in my 3rd Gen and take the 600 credit? They said it could possible be rejected not being the exact model. No way I’m paying full-price for this thing and the trade-in options just boggle my mind that it’s only older (than mine) iPads and whatnot.

Heat_Fan89

macrumors 68030
Feb 23, 2016
I thought about picking up one of these to try something different despite me being very happy with my 3rd Gen iPad 12.9, really does everything I need and not many complaints.

It I find it insane that they only have enhanced trade-in credit for the 2nd-Gen iPad Pro and not my version. I chatted with them and asked can I trade in my 3rd Gen and take the 600 credit? They said it could possible be rejected not being the exact model. No way I’m paying full-price for this thing and the trade-in options just boggle my mind that it’s only older (than mine) iPads and whatnot.
Yeah, I agree with the people you chatted with. Samsung would probably reject it since it’s not a direct match. My S7+ has a $600 trade in value but I don’t want to lose my killer deal from last year. Your iPad Pro is a great tablet and unless you absolutely “LOVE“ Android, I would not trade it in.

Reactions: magicman32

aggie99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I agree with the people you chatted with. Samsung would probably reject it since it’s not a direct match. My S7+ has a $600 trade in value but I don’t want to lose my killer deal from last year. Your iPad Pro is a great tablet and unless you absolutely “LOVE“ Android, I would not trade it in.
I agree about trading the iPad Pro. I thought about it but I know it does what I need for work and media just fine. Buying the S8 Ultra based on what I think it's potential is. I'll probably keep the iPad even if the S8 Ultra is as good as I think it'll be. I'll keep it in the house for the family to use.

Reactions: magicman32

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014

You can always trade your 3rd gen with someone who has a 2nd gen then do the trade-in. Alternatively, iPad 2 works for Samsung 'iPad 9.7' $250 trade-in and so should the iPad 1 since it's also 9.7". iPP 12.9" 3rd gen only has 4GB RAM unless you got the 1TB storage so extra RAM helps with multitasking and running more demanding apps like Nomad Sculpt 3D. Without the trade-in you're better off getting a PC laptop with Nvidia GPU and run Blender.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
is anyone here planning to use the Tab 8 Ultra as a laptop replacement?
How well does it integrate with another Samsung cell phone?

Reactions: hovscorpion12

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA

I plan on using it. With built in Dex, I can with any app in "PC like quality" with the 14.6' screen I can access my Vurtual machine rig to work off of.

Reactions: sracer and jamezr

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016

I owned the tab S7 plus and the S21 Ultra together for about a year. Integration was...ok. It wasnt on Apple levels but it did have some nice features. I could pickup browsing where I left on on my phone on the tablet and vice versa. I couldve sent/received texts if I was using Samsung Messenger but because I was using Google Messenger that feature didnt work. However, I think that has changed with software updates now that the S22 line uses Google Messenger by default.

Overall, it was decent but wasnt at Apple levels where the experience on each device gets better the more Apple devices you have. But I think Samsung are getting closer and are definitely pushing that way.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
I only now just realized I purchased the 128GB, instead of the 256GB, and its too late to cancel. Oops. So now I'll have to return it after taking delivery in a few weeks, and then order the 256GB one. Ugh.

Last edited:

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019

Not bad really....

That's incredible, and that's the 8GB RAM version. Samsung's software and Dex, don't get the credit it deserves from the bigger tech media outlets. If Apple did this, it would be such a massive selling point. They wouldn't stop talking about it in every review. The average consumer loses out, as most of us tech junkies, don't need the so called tech reviewers to show us these features.

Klyster

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2013
I only now just realized I purchased the 128GB, instead of the 256GB, and its too late to cancel. Oops. So now I'll have to return it after taking delivery in a few weeks, and then order the 256GB one. Ugh.
You could use an sd card? Not as fast but doable.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
You could use an sd card? Not as fast but doable.

I not only want the extra storage, I want the extra RAM. I probably world have left my order as is, but I've got a promo code that will make the 256GB,12GB version, only $50 more.

Reactions: Klyster

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Tab S8 Ultra 256Gb is saying delivery by 4/15 now

Last edited:

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Tab S8 Ultra 256Gb is saying delivery by 4/1 now

Wow, that's quite the wait. It's not that bad in Canada. Ships Mar.8/22.

20220217_144514.jpg

Reactions: jamezr

aggie99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2016
Dallas, TX
I should have ordered it sooner when it said delivery for next week :-(
Best Buy still says it ships by release date. I don’t have much confidence in them delivering on time but that’s who I ordered from last weekend because it was my only option ?.

Zito Abroad

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
I should have ordered it sooner when it said delivery for next week :-(
Yeah, I just ordered another Z Flip 3 Bespoke edition, it says up to 5 weeks for shipping. Granted the Bespoke edition is a custom design, but shipping for anything these days is bound to run into delays. As long as I have everything sorted and received by May, I'm good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.