Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Tried enabling Airplane Mode for a bit and it's still dropping battery. Will have to watch it though

I don't know exactly why but i have still 100% of battery after 3 hours of standby and 30 minutes of use. That's pretty good if i consider other comments.

Kroner

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2011
Norway
Draining a lot on my iPad Air 2 cellular as well. I have had my fun for now and I am gonna revert back to 8.3. Time to wait for the public beta as I was supposed to do.

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
For my iPhone 5s, the suggested fix of ensuring iCloud photo library is set to optimize storage instead of downloading originally seemed to do the trick. Highly suggest you check that setting if you are also having battery drain issues.

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
I was having the same problem for the last couple of days, loosing about 10% battery per hour, just sitting in my pocket. I did a DFU restore and charged it back to 100%, its now been over an hour and I am still on 99%.

I did the same. Restore from iCloud backup murdered my battery life. I did a restore without back up and battery is smooth again, the phone also doesn't hear up as much after the restore.

Zorba

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2009
Belgium
I'm back on 8.3 on my iPhone, the battery drain was just too much. iPad Mini 2 is still on 9.0 and it runs superb and no drain :)

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Gonna roll back till battery improves in other betas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 231

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Peace guys. Battery pretty good for beta 1 :)

-Disable icloud
-Manually disable background activity 1 by 1
-Manually disable all search options
-Turn on power saving

Attachments

• iOS_9_beta_battery_relative_OK.jpg
    iOS_9_beta_battery_relative_OK.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 291

Magnum Opus

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2011
Well with the phone as normal I'm losing 50% overnight, but last night I turned Airplane mode on and lost 3%. So there's definitely some bug with data usage causing rapid battery loss

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Well with the phone as normal I'm losing 50% overnight, but last night I turned Airplane mode on and lost 3%. So there's definitely some bug with data usage causing rapid battery loss

I don't think so. I lose only 2% during night with 3g data. Try to turn off your iCloud and background activity (refresh) and try with 3g data connection :).

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Peace guys. Battery pretty good for beta 1 :)

-Disable icloud
-Manually disable background activity 1 by 1
-Manually disable all search options
-Turn on power saving

Did all that apart from disable icloud....I wonder if trying to turn each setting off one by one would narrow down what is causing the battery drain. I cant check as my phone is currently restoring back to 8.3

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Did all that apart from disable icloud....I wonder if trying to turn each setting off one by one would narrow down what is causing the battery drain. I cant check as my phone is currently restoring back to 8.3

I don't know exactly what made my battery better but i think that iCloud is the biggest issue.

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Maybe if you have time you could try turning one item on at a time till you notice severe battery drain?

Yes. I must try this scenario. But tomorrow or after 2 day, cause i still don't know if it's just temporary or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.