Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
I suspect it has something to do with Mail app. Although I am getting mail it says my password is wrong every so often and sometimes it says cannot connect to server. I removed yahoo and gmail accounts for now.

nickkrumors

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2014
I gave up last night and downgraded back to 8.3. Past two days my 45 minute drive to work resulted in arriving at work with around 70% battery. Today back on 8.3, I'm at 97% after my 45 minute drive in.

I did look at my data use on AT&T's website and it was obscene amounts of data used during the iOS 9 beta 1 time, so I suspect the mobile data is the reason like you guys deduced.

ZomBee

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2014
Are you guys sure about those data usage screenshots? Mine says 22GB, but when I scroll to the bottom, it says data last reset 6/11/2013. Which means installing a new IOS doesn't reset it. I just did a reset so we'll see how much I use now.

z06gal

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2011
I charged mine fully last night and enabled low power mode. When I got up this morning it had drained to 62%. When I check usage, home and lock screen is at 54%. Crazy

cdhobden

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2015
51.15297,-2.544004
I was having the same problem for the last couple of days, loosing about 10% battery per hour, just sitting in my pocket. I did a DFU restore and charged it back to 100%, its now been over an hour and I am still on 99%.

Reactions: TheColtr

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2012
I was having the same problem for the last couple of days, loosing about 10% battery per hour, just sitting in my pocket. I did a DFU restore and charged it back to 100%, its now been over an hour and I am still on 99%.
Did you restore from backup? I was having trouble restoring from a backup and it would not take. It was saying over an hour for the initial start. I'm 8.4 right now. Thinking about trying 9 again this weekend

EdenTan

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2015
Just updated to iOS 9.
Battery life is certainly worse than iOS 8.3

1 hour 7 min usage
1 hour 38 standby

86% left.

Iphone 6

Captain.Slow

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2014
Chester, England
I've found that disabling 'Background App Refresh' completely has improved my battery life significantly on iOS9. Compared to yesterday (where my charge only lasted 7 hours), my phone has been off charge for over 12 hours today and i still have 37% battery life left.

That said, I hope the next Beta sorts the battery issues. I'm all for buggy software (after all, it's a beta), but I wasn't expecting the battery drain to be so bad!!

Hatton920

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2012
Yeah I've checked that. I've now disabled location services too help stop my battery draining but not helping much.

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Guys... Turn off 3g and select 2g. Turn background activity ON and then for each app below turn it OFF. And then finally turn OFF background activity at top. It works for now on my iphone 6+. 2 hours and i didn't lose even 1 % of battery.

So try and report :). We will find solution together ;).

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Guys... Turn off 3g and select 2g. Turn background activity ON and then for each app below turn it OFF. And then finally turn OFF background activity at top. It works for now on my iphone 6+. 2 hours and i didn't lose even 1 % of battery.

So try and report :). We will find solution together ;).

Who wants to use 2G data?

Reactions: ZomBee

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Who wants to use 2G data?

If you want to test new beta software and take phone with you more than few meters away from eletricity just turn off 3g or LTE when you don't need it :). That's all :).

P.s.: On my iphone 6+ is 2g data enough for small check on facebook or receive some mails :). When i want to search something i turn 3g on.

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Have you checked if iClould Photo Library is set to Download and Keep originals. It had changed on both iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 that I had installed the beta on. Both devices were trying to download my 40GB library every time it connected to the Internet. They would both cool down once Aeroplane mode was turned on.

This is hugely significant information, it explains the large data usage people are experiencing and the loss of battery as a result.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
And who told you to test beta software if you don't want to take some compromises? Nobody :). It's beta 1 buddy :).

Lol, I know what I signed on for when I installed this beta but if there's a way I can avoid the bugs I will do that... If possible.

Turning off LTE is just a no.

alex.wein

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2015
Lol, I know what I signed on for when I installed this beta but if there's a way I can avoid the bugs I will do that... If possible.

Turning off LTE is just a no.

Of course if it possible, but it isn't for now (on my iphone). For me is easier to be without LTE than be without phone when battery is totaly empty :). just my opinion. users are different and i just want to help someone who don't want to charge his phone every few hours.

Reactions: penajmz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.