Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
iirc, Apple Watch Edition models aren't carried at every Apple store. They are only available at the flagship stores like the ones in Manhattan, Chicago, and LA.

Yep aware of that, still extremely hard to find them in stock AT flagship stores outside of Manhattan. Nothing in NJ at all, and I check every day.
[automerge]1572976298[/automerge]
It depends on which band one chooses. If you are willing to accept a standard sports loop that is displayed when choosing Ti watches AND you do not need the extra large, then you might be able to secure one for pickup, even in NJ.

I haven't seen one in NJ yet, and I check every day. I'm sure there are some that get sold right when they open, not sure if those even make it onto the Apple store app. I am specifying a regular sport loop when I look.

Raajj

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2019
apologies for posting non-titanium AW related video in this thread. but i am sure there are bunch of folkes still pondering on whether to exchange their AW SS or Ti for relatively cheaper alumium version. no offence intended to Ti lovers what so ever! this video is meant to be purely informational.

• Sad
Reactions: James.K.Polk

Robejazz

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2013
PA
Would it be possible to travel to Manhattan?
Exactly. There are Ti and ceramic versions all over Manhattan.... you just need to build your own style and pick an in stock band. I did that just last weekend. I took a trip and stayed over with my wife and picked it up Sat AM!

Reactions: spinedoc77

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
As much as I’m loving my natural titanium with brown leather loop, I’m going to return them.
I read that sleep tracking will be attached to the series 6 and won’t be a software update and that is just unacceptable anymore for me.
I think I’ve just had enough of Apple doing this and trying to blame the hardware instead.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I just walked into one of the many Apple stores here in the SF Bay Area this morning and walked out with a natural Ti with khaki sport loop band. They’re very easy to get here.

Reactions: supertomtom

the future

macrumors 68040
Jul 17, 2002
As much as I’m loving my natural titanium with brown leather loop, I’m going to return them.
I read that sleep tracking will be attached to the series 6 and won’t be a software update and that is just unacceptable anymore for me.
I think I’ve just had enough of Apple doing this and trying to blame the hardware instead.

Or you could just download the App “Autosleep“ and start tracking your sleep right now. I have a hard time imagining how an Apple sleep tracking app could be much better than this one.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
Or you could just download the App “Autosleep“ and start tracking your sleep right now. I have a hard time imagining how an Apple sleep tracking app could be much better than this one.
While I’m sure it will be I have no plans on sleeping with my Watch so no need to wait!

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2008

Apple is better than most companies in providing software and feature support for older hardware so you'll be highly disappointed with practices from just about every other tech company.

Samsung provides, I believe, 2 major software updates before they expect those wanting new software to move to a new phone. Right now I'm still using an iPhone 6s Plus with the latest software. I don't expect Apple to update the 6s to iOS 14 next year but it has easily outlasted a Samsung.

Apple is in a lose-lose scenario because they could provide an always on display for the Series 4 watches but then people would complain that battery life was terrible and that Apple did it on purpose to try to get you to upgrade to a newer version. Or they could in the situation they are now in that they didn't provide it and some will be mad at Apple saying they used to same ploy to get you to upgrade.

Tear-downs of the watch has confirmed that there is new hardware in the Apple Watch for the always on display so there is no reason to think Apple is not telling the truth. And we are all aware of battery limitations and that energy from a battery is needed to keep the watch display on.

And there will undoubtedly be new hardware in future Apple Watches that will bring new features unavailable to previous versions. This is simply the progress of technology.

dor2201

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2015
Israel
New leather loop

Attachments

• C678D55F-AF25-4EE9-A416-FC96445328BA.jpeg
    C678D55F-AF25-4EE9-A416-FC96445328BA.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 200

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
Anyone here with the SBTi in 40mm and the SB link band? Pictures would be much appreciated. I had the 44, but intrigued to see the 40mm

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
I am in NYC with lots of Apple stores, so it is easy. That not withstanding, I struggle to see how one could make AW purchase decisions for the “watch” from a picture. Bands yes, watch doubtful.
[automerge]1573586952[/automerge]
Having said what I did, I see there is an Apple Store in Geneva. Are you saying that is far from where you are located?

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
I am in NYC with lots of Apple stores, so it is easy. That not withstanding, I struggle to see how one could make AW purchase decisions for the “watch” from a picture. Bands yes, watch doubtful.
[automerge]1573586952[/automerge]
Having said what I did, I see there is an Apple Store in Geneva. Are you saying that is far from where you are located?

I am saying that they do not have the model.

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
What's the best combination for the SBTi in terms of the Sports Band? Initially i wanted the natural Ti but settled for the SB one.

zemaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2011
Is it possible to use anything to remove the scuffs on the Titanium watches? I have a few smaller ones.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is it possible to use anything to remove the scuffs on the Titanium watches? I have a few smaller ones.

There is, I believe that information is buried somewhere in this thread. Another member use some type of solution and remove some minor scratches. [Keep in mind, it will also remove the fingerprint resistance coating on the casing.]

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
There’s a suggestion here that an ink eraser might work.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I was looking at the well worn natural titanium display watch at the Apple store last week. It was covered in scuffs but, not scratched. It actually was developing a patina that doesn’t look bad. Once the watch is mostly scuffed it’s not that noticeable. I’m not concerned about the wear mine might develop. Mine is still pristine. I had an S0 SS for 2.5 yrs. It was covered in micro scratches but, still looked great In spite of that. I get that some people are OCD about these things.

Reactions: James.K.Polk

Robbenisland

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2015
They might have display models. My store doesn't have any for sale, but, I tried on both Ti models.

they do not have Display Models they take out. They do not even have the link band in 40mm. pretty bad considering that you can get them online. So I will order and then send back if I do not like it. Just a waste of resources vs having them on display in a store.

Reactions: Nonie M.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.