Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Apple does, and their employees do as well. I was directed to the Scottsdale Flagship store by a store manager.

But I agree that it is odd how they're stocking.

Yeah, I’m sure you’re right, maybe it varies on the store, who you’re talking to, etc. and we are using the term ‘flagship’, then I would say I have two of them in my geographic area, but I just never heard it referred to as by Apple employees, ect.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
This has not been the first time this type of thread has appeared within the last few months. If those wanting the Ti watch, would have had it shipped, they would already have it.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
This has not been the first time this type of thread has appeared within the last few months. If those wanting the Ti watch, would have had it shipped, they would already have it.

Thanks for the lecture Mom. :D Unless shipments can't be received, which is the case with myself. I can't be home to sign for it, and am not allowed to have shipments at my workplace. It's usually not an issue to pick up Apple products as I do it all the time.

Reactions: testcard

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Thanks for the lecture Mom. :D Unless shipments can't be received, which is the case with myself. I can't be home to sign for it, and am not allowed to have shipments at my workplace. It's usually not an issue to pick up Apple products as I do it all the time.

Can you have it shipped to a FedEx or UPS Store and then you can pick it up at your convenience?

There are two ways it can unfold. Stock may increase during the holidays or decrease. One never knows. Hence my suggestion to ship to a UPS or Fedex Store.

I just thought of another option. Order it By phone and have them ship it to your preferred Apple Store for pickup.

Reactions: spinedoc77

Typ970

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2016
Hello everyone! I decided to buy both the 44mm SBTi and the SBSS, to see in person which fits my taste. Returned the SS. I like the SBTi a lot.
This thread is awesome!

Attachments

• 8C25DCA3-BA5B-467C-AE37-380B3AA99313.jpeg
    8C25DCA3-BA5B-467C-AE37-380B3AA99313.jpeg
    502 KB · Views: 294
  • A32D9C34-A2E4-4AF5-B8BD-17B70944187A.jpeg
    A32D9C34-A2E4-4AF5-B8BD-17B70944187A.jpeg
    422.2 KB · Views: 362

mypyh4ooo

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2013
Hello everyone! I decided to buy both the 44mm SBTi and the SBSS, to see in person which fits my taste. Returned the SS. I like the SBTi a lot.
This thread is awesome!
Looks good! For me the SBTi didn't really do wonders...decided to stick with SBSS coming from a SS S4.

Reactions: Typ970

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Can you have it shipped to a FedEx or UPS Store and then you can pick it up at your convenience?

There are two ways it can unfold. Stock may increase during the holidays or decrease. One never knows. Hence my suggestion to ship to a UPS or Fedex Store.

I just thought of another option. Order it By phone and have them ship it to your preferred Apple Store for pickup.

I didn't know you could have it shipped to the store, that would actually work well. The UPS store would be difficult because of my work hours, but I could definitely make it to an Apple store before they close. Thanks I'm going to call Apple and see if that is something they can do.

Edit: No go, Apple CSR says only pickup at store if available or deliver to myself, there is no deliver to store option.

Last edited:

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
I didn't know you could have it shipped to the store, that would actually work well. The UPS store would be difficult because of my work hours, but I could definitely make it to an Apple store before they close. Thanks I'm going to call Apple and see if that is something they can do.
You can order online and collect from a store chosen by you.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
You can order online and collect from a store chosen by you.

Yes but it's unavailable in any store near me, it's actually unavailable in the entire state of NJ as I check every day. I know it's a hot and new item but I'm just floored that I can't find one in the entire state.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
When it’s iPhone time in September there are tons of posts about within the UPS app they can ask the shipment to be held at the hub. Could this be done for the watch too?

Also do you live in a housing complex with a Doorman or Concierge? They can sign.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
OK I bit the bullet and finally drove to Manhattan to pick up my Ti. I must say it is really freakin nice looking now that I'm at home in more natural light. Definitely happy with this over the SS.

Now I'm not sure if I am keeping the leather loop, it seems kind of thin and girly (no offense to the girls) and I'm afraid it won't stay cinched tight, which is the same issue I found with the milanese loop. What do you guys think? Keep the leather loop or the alaskan blue? I figured the leather loop could just be saved for dress clothes and keep the alaskan for scrub days.

20191121_130020534_iOS.jpg 20191121_130123436_iOS.jpg

Reactions: Nonie M.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
OK I bit the bullet and finally drove to Manhattan to pick up my Ti. I must say it is really freakin nice looking now that I'm at home in more natural light. Definitely happy with this over the SS.

Now I'm not sure if I am keeping the leather loop, it seems kind of thin and girly (no offense to the girls) and I'm afraid it won't stay cinched tight, which is the same issue I found with the milanese loop. What do you guys think? Keep the leather loop or the alaskan blue? I figured the leather loop could just be saved for dress clothes and keep the alaskan for scrub days.

View attachment 878443 View attachment 878444

Glad you finally got your watch. I had tried the Ti and loved It. My dermatologist had concerns, which led me to go back to the SBSS.

However. when I had the natural Ti, I used it with both the silver ML and the Khaki sport loop without issues.

I thought about a black leather loop for my SBSS watch, but I often react to leather bands.

I have never had issues with the ML. I would suggest the silver ML for your new watch. Enjoy it.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

I really like the leather loop. The quilted leather is super soft and it’s comfortable on the wrist. You’re right though, you might have to readjust it once in a while, but for the most part, it stays securely in place.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I'm getting in a SBTi 44mm - any Natural Ti owners want to swap the gray bands? I have a dark gray already
I have one (gray one that came with the watch) that I can't use (too small) PM me your addr and I send it to ya.

I got an anchor gray sport loop instead; along with the saddle leather loop that I ordered with the watch
[automerge]1574373062[/automerge]

I have the saddle leather loop as well, 3 couple weeks in. It hasn't fallen off, but will skip a "section" once in a while.

I like it.... I just bought a anchor gray (xl) b/c the gray sport band that watch came with is to small....I really like that one as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.