Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2012
I’ve owned my natural titanium for three weeks now and I can’t recommend it enough.
The way light hits the case is fantastic and it’s the first apple Apple Watch I’ve owned that I’ll happily keep for the three years without upgrading.
But don’t expect it to be much lighter that the SS because it’s not.
Strangely the best band I think is the black sports band, I just love the contrast it gives.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I’ve owned my natural titanium for three weeks now and I can’t recommend it enough.
The way light hits the case is fantastic and it’s the first apple Apple Watch I’ve owned that I’ll happily keep for the three years without upgrading.
But don’t expect it to be much lighter that the SS because it’s not.
Strangely the best band I think is the black sports band, I just love the contrast it gives.
The natural Ti goes looks so good with all bands to the point that I don’t have a favorite. I really enjoy this watch. I originally bought the SS but, am so glad I exchanged it for the Ti.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
Two questions .... I've seen conflicting information ...
1. Is AC extended to 3 years for Ti cases?
2. Do you get 2 bands rather than 1 for Ti cases?

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Two questions .... I've seen conflicting information ...
1. Is AC extended to 3 years for Ti cases?
2. Do you get 2 bands rather than 1 for Ti cases?
Yes and yes. you can pick the band you like and there is a gray sport band in the box with the watch.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
Thanks Otflyer .... the salesperson at the Apple store said NO to both questions and when I added a Ti case to the order form on Apple that info didn't appear

can you tell me where that info is documented?

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Otflyer .... the salesperson at the Apple store said NO to both questions and when I added a Ti case to the order form on Apple that info didn't appear

It comes with the band you select and then a dark or light gray band in the box that some employees don’t know about.

AC+ is for three years. I believe regular AC is two years.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
thanks ... you can't by a Ti here, even at the Scottsdale flagship store, so I'm not surprised that the guy didn't know the details.

another question: is the band in the box the smaller or larger option ... we would need the small one.

thanks!

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
thanks ... you can't by a Ti here, even at the Scottsdale flagship store, so I'm not surprised that the guy didn't know the details.

another question: is the band in the box the smaller or larger option ... we would need the small one.

thanks!

I think the 40mm gets the small and 44mm gets the large.

Edit: it comes with both

You can go on the Apple store app and mess with the options and click “what’s in the box”.

Last edited:

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix
that would work ... I'm leaning to the 40 and the smaller band fit
[automerge]1573780308[/automerge]
btw, under my login name, it says macrumors 6502 ... looks like different people have different designations. any idea what it means?

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area

thanks!
My 44mm Ti came with the S/M light gray sport band. The band has a long and short half along with the half with the fastener (3 pcs total).
[automerge]1573785381[/automerge]

The sales person at my store didn’t know either until I opened the box and showed him.

garethjs

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2008
Anyone got the new khaki watch band yet? Really want to see how this pairs with the raw titanium :)

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Why the hell is this watch so hard to buy in store?? We have a flagship in the Phoenix area but they never have them in stock.. and online is back ordered nearly a month

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
Why the hell is this watch so hard to buy in store?? We have a flagship in the Phoenix area but they never have them in stock.. and online is back ordered nearly a month

Get it shipped from Apple the SBTi will be delivered before Thanksgiving, according to the Apple Store app.
[automerge]1574118256[/automerge]
The SBTi will arrive before thanksgiving, if shipped.

Reactions: Dguitarnut

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

There’s a misconception about the titanium Edition Apple Watch, that only ‘flagship’ stores actually carry it, that is not accurate, I have three Apple stores in my region, two of which are not flagship stores, which they both have them in stock currently.

Apples allocation process with this specific watch I think really varies, as it’s never consistent and it’s the never the same stores that have the same models in stock either. For example, the space black titanium seems to be the most rare model to come across available in stores, where as the natural titanium is far more readily available.

drewaz

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2012
Phoenix

I was surprised that the Apple store at Scottsdale Fashion Square doesn't stock either Ti case but .... if either are ordered on the Apple website delivery is 11/25-26. Just a week's wait.

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
There’s a misconception about the titanium Edition Apple Watch, that only ‘flagship’ stores actually carry it, that is not accurate, I have three Apple stores in my region, two of which are not flagship stores, which they both have them in stock currently.

Apples allocation process with this specific watch I think really varies, as it’s never consistent and it’s the never the same stores that have the same models in stock either. For example, the space black titanium seems to be the most rare model to come across available in stores, where as the natural titanium is far more readily available.
We have a lot of stores in town so it's been crazy how none of the stores have shown in stock since release. istocknow.com notifications have been running since day 1 and i've been keeping an eye on them.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009

I don't even know what a "flagship" store is LOL, I've even searched it on Google. No Ti's in the entire state of NJ, I check multiple times per day and have NEVER seen one in stock since release. Ship times are a little over 2 weeks with a 1 week window, but I can't receive shipments. I've been meaning to get to Manhattan to purchase one, but just haven't had the time.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I think the bottom line is they are only stocking them at stores which they deem worthy. They probably look at sales, foot traffic, metro population etc...

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I think the bottom line is they are only stocking them at stores which they deem worthy. They probably look at sales, foot traffic, metro population etc...
You can't see more foot traffic or metro population than Scottsdale Fashion Square.

But anyhoo. My SBTi will be delivered Monday or Tuesday. Paid express shipping which is way better than driving there and finding parking! lol

Does anyone own the SBTi w/ the Royal Pulse/Nike sport band?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't even know what a "flagship" store is LOL, I've even searched it on Google. No Ti's in the entire state of NJ, I check multiple times per day and have NEVER seen one in stock since release. Ship times are a little over 2 weeks with a 1 week window, but I can't receive shipments. I've been meaning to get to Manhattan to purchase one, but just haven't had the time.

I don’t think even Apple refers to some of their stores as ‘flagship’, but I know in my area, we have ‘brick and mortar’ stores and then of course mall stores. Apple is very mysterious how they keep certain products in stock, it’s almost like they don’t want to stay consistent in terms of what they will offer for stock in ‘Store A’, but ‘Store B’ might have different stock than it did last time.

Reactions: spinedoc77

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
I don’t think even Apple refers to some of their stores as ‘flagship’, but I know in my area, we have ‘brick and mortar’ stores and then of course mall stores. Apple is very mysterious how they keep certain products in stock, it’s almost like they don’t want to stay consistent in terms of what they will offer for stock in ‘Store A’, but ‘Store B’ might have different stock than it did last time.
Apple does, and their employees do as well. I was directed to the Scottsdale Flagship store by a store manager.

But I agree that it is odd how they're stocking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.