Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I think I am at about 60ish bands. With this new storage case, I have a lot of extra space to add to my collection. There is not much price difference between the 2 storage drawers case.

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
7E79BAE4-F6BE-4F6E-8B89-9FAD8FF8D039.jpeg

Most of my wife’s Sport Bands and all of mine (until the next ones arrive - between us we have another 25 on the way), with some overspill that goes in a second drawer for each of us. My wife has 5 or 6 Woven Nylon Buckles, a Classic Buckle, a Milanese loop, 4 Hermes and a few more Sport Bands in the black / white range not shown.

jamieinoc

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2020
Hey everyone, I’ve reduced my band collection in recent months so I don’t need a lot of my storage boxes. The trays and folder I’ll send to anyone that wants it for free, just pay shipping. The boxes I’ll sell for $20 + shipping (they originally sold for $80). Send me a PM if anyone wants some of these! View attachment 906535 View attachment 906536 View attachment 906537 View attachment 906538 View attachment 906542 View attachment 906543
I’m interested in the big storage box but I’m new so it won’t let me send a PM yet. Do you still have it?

mizmimi02

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2014
Midwest
Well, I have looked all through this thread, and I have discovered that I am a super weirdo. LOL I put my bands back in their boxes when I switch to a different one. I have about 35-40 bands, and I might just have to use a plastic storage bin because I can't find a nice bin long enough for the boxes. Ugh. Anyone else put them back in their boxes when switching out?

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Well, I have looked all through this thread, and I have discovered that I am a super weirdo. LOL I put my bands back in their boxes when I switch to a different one. I have about 35-40 bands, and I might just have to use a plastic storage bin because I can't find a nice bin long enough for the boxes. Ugh. Anyone else put them back in their boxes when switching out?
I had this cool idea to buy some 3M tape and just put the empty boxes on my wall by the door as a sort of art piece. Would be sort of hard to bet bands in and out of the boxes like that though. For now, I just keep all my boxes in my closet, and my bands separately in my dear drawers. I also wanted to do a cool art piece where I frame all my M/L pieces in a picture frame, and hang it on my wall.

EmmaLouWho

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019

I do. Always replace back in the original boxes. Finally made room in a dresser drawer for all my boxes. I think I have 75 Apple bands with 1 on the way.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
View attachment 916595
Most of my wife’s Sport Bands and all of mine (until the next ones arrive - between us we have another 25 on the way), with some overspill that goes in a second drawer for each of us. My wife has 5 or 6 Woven Nylon Buckles, a Classic Buckle, a Milanese loop, 4 Hermes and a few more Sport Bands in the black / white range not shown.

#goals

lol not really - I would go broke trying to catch up to that! I actually don’t have many genuine Apple sport bands at all because I rarely wear the sport band - just too darn hot for them most of them time.

I LOVE the nylon buckles and have found a few of those on eBay (never tried them when Apple was actually selling them). I also really love my two Apple leather bands. I have found no comparable leather bands.

I have gotten to where I buy third-party sport bands except for my absolute favorites. That way if I want a color for something in particular I’ll have it, but it‘s not costing me much for something I wear only a few times a year.

What are the names of the colors of those 2 nylon buckles you have on top there? I really love that green, and could use that tan color as well. I can never read the color names on all the posted charts - when I try to make it bigger, it just gets blurry.

EmmaLouWho

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2019
#goals

lol not really - I would go broke trying to catch up to that! I actually don’t have many genuine Apple sport bands at all because I rarely wear the sport band - just too darn hot for them most of them time.

I LOVE the nylon buckles and have found a few of those on eBay (never tried them when Apple was actually selling them). I also really love my two Apple leather bands. I have found no comparable leather bands.

I have gotten to where I buy third-party sport bands except for my absolute favorites. That way if I want a color for something in particular I’ll have it, but it‘s not costing me much for something I wear only a few times a year.

What are the names of the colors of those 2 nylon buckles you have on top there? I really love that green, and could use that tan color as well. I can never read the color names on all the posted charts - when I try to make it bigger, it just gets blurry.

I believe the tan nylon band is toasted coffee/caramel and the green one is dark olive check.

Reactions: ssledoux

TGM85

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2005
View attachment 916595

Wow, impressive collection of sport bands, that must have cost a lot of time and money.

How often do you wear most of those? I'm just curious. I have like 3 sports bands myself (a white one that came with my watch, a dark blue one that I wear most of the time and a yellow-black Nike one for when I go running).

Reactions: mikedop

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
#goals

Only just checked back - sorry.

The green is Dark Olive Check (really) and the other is Toasted Coffee / Caramel. And now I see it was already answered - glad someone got back quicker than I did!
[automerge]1592035625[/automerge]
Wow, impressive collection of sport bands, that must have cost a lot of time and money.

How often do you wear most of those? I'm just curious. I have like 3 sports bands myself (a white one that came with my watch, a dark blue one that I wear most of the time and a yellow-black Nike one for when I go running).
Some more than others is the honest answer. I enjoy matching a Sport Band perfectly with what I am wearing, and if I can't do that I’ll wear a leather or perhaps stainless link band, but I feel like I cheated in that case. Of course some colours are easier that others to match with clothing, and also some I just like better than others. Those don’t always align and some of my favourites are hard to wear. I have bought a band to match a shirt, but I have also bought a shirt to match a band.

Last edited:

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Only just checked back - sorry.

The green is Dark Olive Check (really) and the other is Toasted Coffee / Caramel. And now I see it was already answered - glad someone got back quicker than I did!
[automerge]1592035625[/automerge]

Some more than others is the honest answer. I enjoy matching a Sport Band perfectly with what I am wearing, and if I can't do that I’ll wear a leather or perhaps stainless link band, but I feel like I cheated in that case. Of course some colours are easier that others to match with clothing, and also some I just like better than others. Those don’t always align and some of my favourites are hard to wear. I have bought a band to match a shirt, but I have also bought a shirt to match a band.
How often do you find yourself not wearing a color because it’s new? I have about 4 that I just don’t want to wear because they’re new and unused.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I've just bought this, hopefully is enough for my ~15 band collection, with room for a few more! Has anyone else bought the same one? Not expecting amazing build quality considering the price, but looks decent enough from the product photos.

Reactions: palemonkey

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
I've just bought this, hopefully is enough for my ~15 band collection, with room for a few more! Has anyone else bought the same one? Not expecting amazing build quality considering the price, but looks decent enough from the product photos.

Interesting. Yeah, I’ve seen many design like this which hold 10-20 bands. I was thinking of getting one for travel, just to have options on the go, but for full time storage I would find it pretty annoying to always take one out and put another back in. It’s probably why I love the wall mounted holders @toxtrepla 3D printed. No strap, no zipper, just pull one off the wall and use it.

As of now, I’ve said it many times, but I currently just have my bands sitting in a drawer with some dividers from IKEA. If you have a smaller collection, these are perfect because you can hold them up like this
6A97F97A-0259-4E76-A5D6-B77E3BE3B1CB.jpeg

though I have a lot more now, so I just started laying them flat on top of each other in there.

As for the boxes, at least those of us insane enough to collect them, I just have them all sitting in a cardboard box in my closet.
353100E5-3262-46A0-B413-BEC039D4C43E.jpeg

Always looking for more solutions, though! Let me know how the binder works out.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Interesting. Yeah, I’ve seen many design like this which hold 10-20 bands. I was thinking of getting one for travel, just to have options on the go, but for full time storage I would find it pretty annoying to always take one out and put another back in. It’s probably why I love the wall mounted holders @toxtrepla 3D printed. No strap, no zipper, just pull one off the wall and use it.

As of now, I’ve said it many times, but I currently just have my bands sitting in a drawer with some dividers from IKEA. If you have a smaller collection, these are perfect because you can hold them up like this
View attachment 923856
though I have a lot more now, so I just started laying them flat on top of each other in there.

As for the boxes, at least those of us insane enough to collect them, I just have them all sitting in a cardboard box in my closet.
View attachment 923857
Always looking for more solutions, though! Let me know how the binder works out.
That looks great. I'm just about to start a new job in July where I'm away from home Mon to Fri, so wanted something a bit more portable for all those hotel and Airbnb trips. I'll post pictures when it arrives! Right now they're all shoved into a clear pencil case, and it's not the sleekest solution...

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
That looks great. I'm just about to start a new job in July where I'm away from home Mon to Fri, so wanted something a bit more portable for all those hotel and Airbnb trips. I'll post pictures when it arrives! Right now they're all shoved into a clear pencil case, and it's not the sleekest solution...
I actually used to have a small zipper on my old travel backpack that was perfect for storing bands. The way I clip my bands together, they measure a perfect 5 inches wide, and the zipper pocket must’ve been for a small phone or something because it’s about 5.5in wide. It’s also the perfect height to hold 10-15 bands, so I always kept it dedicated to the bands. Unfortunately the zipper for the main compartment broke on that backpack, so I’ll be on the hunt for a new one.

FenC

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2016
Wellington, New Zealand
How often do you find yourself not wearing a color because it’s new? I have about 4 that I just don’t want to wear because they’re new and unused.
Honestly, never. That’s not to say I don’t have any bands I’ve never worn, but that’s more to do with not having anything to wear them with, not to keep them nice. The ones I’d like to keep nice I like so much I want to wear them; Cargo Khaki and Obsidian have more sheen than I’d like, but I love both of them so much.
I actually used to have a small zipper on my old travel backpack that was perfect for storing bands. The way I clip my bands together, they measure a perfect 5 inches wide, and the zipper pocket must’ve been for a small phone or something because it’s about 5.5in wide. It’s also the perfect height to hold 10-15 bands, so I always kept it dedicated to the bands. Unfortunately the zipper for the main compartment broke on that backpack, so I’ll be on the hunt for a new one.
That’s what I do for travel. I have a small zippered pocket in both the bags I alternate between (depending on the length of the trip) that I use exclusively for a few bands.

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

View attachment 923856

View attachment 923857
It arrived today! For me personally it's great, lets me take my collection anywhere. It's nicely padded, and has a good quality zip. Even has two zipped sections inside which I'm using to store all the M/L sections of my Sport Bands. Sorry for the bad photo, it's hard not to get shadows with the overhead lights!

BK0KTK3.jpg

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
It arrived today! For me personally it's great, lets me take my collection anywhere. It's nicely padded, and has a good quality zip. Even has two zipped sections inside which I'm using to store all the M/L sections of my Sport Bands. Sorry for the bad photo, it's hard not to get shadows with the overhead lights!

BK0KTK3.jpg
Really nice! Might pick one up myself.

Reactions: CodeRaven

Tikatika

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2012
Northern California
I found this great box on Amazon. It‘s really an arts and crafts box, but with the many removable dividers, it worked perfectly for my small collection. Wanted to share!

Attachments

• EEBF1071-709A-4E24-BDC3-0632B10D26C6.jpeg
    EEBF1071-709A-4E24-BDC3-0632B10D26C6.jpeg
    434.7 KB · Views: 213
  • F3C637BD-1CBA-4DEE-9058-B1AC8BE4B261.jpeg
    F3C637BD-1CBA-4DEE-9058-B1AC8BE4B261.jpeg
    596.5 KB · Views: 221
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.