Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philpalmiero

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2010
NOVA
From perusing this thread, I am convinced Apple only sells the watch as a means to make HUGE profits selling the bands. They get $49 for a sports band which can't cost them $3 to manufacture. I bet it is like a fountain soda , the cup, lid, and straw costs more than the drink in the cup. For Apple, the packaging probably costs more than the band itself. But alas, we all buy those pretty colors. lol

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
From perusing this thread, I am convinced Apple only sells the watch as a means to make HUGE profits selling the bands. They get $49 for a sports band which can't cost them $3 to manufacture. I bet it is like a fountain soda , the cup, lid, and straw costs more than the drink in the cup. For Apple, the packaging probably costs more than the band itself. But alas, we all buy those pretty colors. lol

Right, lol. I have purchased some third party sports bands on Amazon and they are a bang for your buck. Comfortable, colorful and doesn’t break the bank. Also, you can’t even tell if it’s the Apple one or a fake.

jwlbel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
My storage drawers are sold on Amazon or you can buy them directly from the manufacture at https://sorbusbeauty.com/collections/stackable-drawers

(before anyone asks, yes, these are all genuine Apple OEM bands)
IMG_0149.PNG

radu.cosma

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2020
Hey everyone, I’ve reduced my band collection in recent months so I don’t need a lot of my storage boxes. The trays and folder I’ll send to anyone that wants it for free, just pay shipping. The boxes I’ll sell for $20 + shipping (they originally sold for $80). Send me a PM if anyone wants some of these!

View attachment 906538
Hi! Have you sold these by now?
This seems like the only ready-made solution that can hold 30-40 bands. But they don't make with gray interior anymore, and it simply doesn't look as good with black. Plus it seems like the new version doesn't have the lock anymore.

Please let me know yours is still available.

mikedop

macrumors 603
Dec 30, 2019
Oklahoma
Hi! Have you sold these by now?
This seems like the only ready-made solution that can hold 30-40 bands. But they don't make with gray interior anymore, and it simply doesn't look as good with black. Plus it seems like the new version doesn't have the lock anymore.

Please let me know yours is still available.
Doesn’t matter if he has them, because the mods have gotten extremely strict about buying/selling outside of the marketplace since that post was made.

choreographics

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Berlin, Germany
Does anyone have experience with or has anyone come across with the "Bandkeeper" solution? Seems to be available since 2018, but never heard of. Thanks!

81mUTMBdhSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81-XVE8V0fL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

amarei

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2021
I have a couple questions about band storage. I have a pretty good sized collection and purchased this storage box (stock photo from Amazon):
875E7738-C400-4684-94AF-4B91E45E3A09.jpeg

I’m curious how others label their bands so the colors don’t get mixed up. I was thinking of using my label maker and putting a label behind each band but not sure how they’d stick.

I’m also looking for input on the best way to store the bands themselves. For example, store as two separate pieces vs connected (and which way to connect them). I see many people having the band pieces connected by the pin but I’m worried about that causing a bump in the bands.

Any input is appreciated!

fadhilfirdausi

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Darmstadt, Germany
I ended up with this ikea kallax drawer and I use the packaging cardboard to make the place of the bands. I also added motion sensor lamp so when the drawers opened it lights up.

before you ask if these are original bands, nope they’re not. I can’t afford that much ?, I buy them from AliExpress and I just satisfied with them
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

wildaman

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2021
Hey there fellow bandaholics,

I'm new to this community, but I've been a band collector for quite some time now. I wanted to share with you my own design for a band storage/display out of Lego bricks. It's made out of standard bricks and easy extensible. If you're interested in making one, I've included pictures that should enable you to build it yourself (it's made up of several identical modules attached together; a single module is shown below in red), and maybe even tweak it / improve it. Feedback is welcome. Hope this will be useful !
View attachment 905209
I took your design and widened it a bit because I have some sport loops. also these legos are decades old so some fit better than others... red and white 4x2 bricks were especially loose for whatever reason. fun little project and I may hold off on buying anything for now because functionally it's pretty much perfect for me. if I stack them on every layer like yours I could fit twice as many :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 3.54.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-14 at 3.54.14 PM.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 141
Reactions: EmmaLouWho
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.