Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Last edited:

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
Wanting to buy back the Sony RX100 V. I so regret selling that. Thought the iPhone 11 Pro Max would replace it but now there is a big hole in my life. Miss being able to shoot real RAW photos in such amazing quality at a camera that size.

Last edited:

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
When

1) I am thoroughly entrenched in new job and can focus on some fun time

2) When funds and life are back to normal

3) When more classes open up I would definitely take all of these...
Kubert school 1.jpg

Right now, just to improve my art and kick start writing again. I've got some characters and stories I wouldn't mind tackling. I tried another online course (the nature journaling. Some was helpeful, some was content I already tried to get through 3x), but I think this might be much better for me.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
When

1) I am thoroughly entrenched in new job and can focus on some fun time

2) When funds and life are back to normal

3) When more classes open up I would definitely take all of these... View attachment 902000

Right now, just to improve my art and kick start writing again. I've got some characters and stories I wouldn't mind tackling. I tried another online course (the nature journaling. Some was helpeful, some was content I already tried to get through 3x), but I think this might be much better for me.
Good luck with it.

Reactions: kazmac

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
When the iMac is updated/upgraded/redesigned, perhaps soon, it's likely that I will then have to resist buying one.

Unless it becomes apparent that the 2020 mini with a really decent monitor would fill the bill. Then I will have to resist buying that.

That said, I do have my eye on a rototiller...

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I really want the LG V60 ThinQ 5G. My LG G8 ThinQ is fine but that 5000mAh battery on the V60 sounds so awesome. It'll be more on par with my 11 Pro Max. Then I'll be charger free on both devices. I just can't get it without playing with a demo first.

RogerWilco6502

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2019
Tír na nÓg
Not really trying to keep myself from buying this, more just trying to time my purchases correctly. I want to get the parts to upgrade the HDDs in my iBook and my Mac Mini G4 to SSDs as well as an optical drive for my iBook.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Very late to this thread ... man ... The Audi Quattro TT Concept and working prototype that just didn't make it to light of day. Sad though. I think Audi executives and the internal enthusiasts just couldn't see this not cannibalize the TT-RS or the S5 models as it's just as fast as the former yet seats the same adults of the latter. Reminds me of the Rally series the original dominated in until Subaru and Colin McRae era.

I'm trying to keep from purchasing a 2016 MBP by trading in my current Windows laptop.

Reactions: LotusLord

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Trying not to buy an SE 2 because I should be doing my homework on getting a new laptop. The consequence of not liking what I purchase would be less severe w/ an SE 2 buy, of course. I actually realize that's the main reason the SE 2 calls out to me! But I can't stop prowling through the specs, the reviews, the unboxings... Wow. I need a stretch of weather good enough to get out in the garden and get some chores done out there.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Trying not to buy an SE 2 because I should be doing my homework on getting a new laptop. The consequence of not liking what I purchase would be less severe w/ an SE 2 buy, of course. I actually realize that's the main reason the SE 2 calls out to me! But I can't stop prowling through the specs, the reviews, the unboxings... Wow. I need a stretch of weather good enough to get out in the garden and get some chores done out there.
? I promise not to temp you with mine (The excitement drooped a bit because I have to use it for work).

• Haha
Reactions: LizKat

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
When the iMac is updated/upgraded/redesigned, perhaps soon, it's likely that I will then have to resist buying one.

Unless it becomes apparent that the 2020 mini with a really decent monitor would fill the bill. Then I will have to resist buying that.

That said, I do have my eye on a rototiller...

I have decided not to purchase a rototiller. Going old school and using a gardening fork. If that proves to be too much, I’ll rent one. So my resisting was successful.

As for the 2020 Mini, I’ve decided to wait for the new iMac, whenever that comes out. More successful resisting.

That leaves the new iMac, the resistance for which is still in the future.

I think I feel better now.

Reactions: LizKat

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I have decided not to purchase a rototiller. Going old school and using a gardening fork. If that proves to be too much, I’ll rent one. So my resisting was successful.

As for the 2020 Mini, I’ve decided to wait for the new iMac, whenever that comes out. More successful resisting.

That leaves the new iMac, the resistance for which is still in the future.

I think I feel better now.

It shouldn’t be too hard resisting the mac mini it still is on 6 cores. Maybe if it had 8 cores it would be harder to resist but right now its a great deal of money for just 6 cores.

Stuppido

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2015
Sold all my camera kit a couple of years ago to concentrate on scuba video....huge regret. Really want to get back out when CV19 restrictions are eased and get back to some street photography. Contemplating back to basics with this beauty. Any thoughts?
95C12FF0-B843-4EE8-AEFE-7D000099B6CB.jpeg

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
Still resisting an OLED TV.
Wanting an LG B9 or C9. So I'm now curious if this years model will add anything substantial or a mild upgrade over the C9.
For myself, any "luxury" TV has always been outside of my comfort level. I could get one, just the justification has never been there.
One day maybe.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Still resisting an OLED TV.
Wanting an LG B9 or C9. So I'm now curious if this years model will add anything substantial or a mild upgrade over the C9.
For myself, any "luxury" TV has always been outside of my comfort level. I could get one, just the justification has never been there.
One day maybe.

i have 55 B7 and 65 C9. i bought a 75 QLED Q70r Samsung but hated it and exchanged it with C9. i will not buy any other tv than OLED. CX is the newer model and tbh there is not much difference between C9 and CX. i love my both TVs.

Reactions: mmomega
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.