Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
It’s never happening. Same as an instagram app on iPad and WhatsApp on the watch.

Facebook would have done it years ago if they had any intention of doing so. We just have to accept it’s never happening.

Reactions: Digitalguy

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
It’s never happening. Same as an instagram app on iPad and WhatsApp on the watch.

Facebook would have done it years ago if they had any intention of doing so. We just have to accept it’s never happening.
There is an iPad app in development though, it all boils down to them finishing up their multi-device system.

lozion

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2006
Montreal, Canada
last version of Watusi. (Today's) doesnt work on my iPad Mini.
How did you validate?

image0.jpeg

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
Is meta actively blocking web push notifications on iPad? When I saved web.whatsapp to my Home Screen, iPadOS asked if I want to receive push notifications and I can also see whatsapp in the push notification settings of iPadOS but unfortunately it isn’t actually pushing any incoming texts.

So annoying

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Companion mode has been released for iOS today. Once there is an updated version of Watusi available it should be possible to sideload WhatsApp on iPad and login to the same account on your phone. There is no iPad-native version though, so it will just be running the iOS version.

Reactions: lozion

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I have now got Watusi working on my iPad in companion mode. Here is how to do it:

1. Use a signing service or something like Altstore to sideload apps on your iPad. There is no need to do this on your iPhone.
2. Download the Watusi IPA from here.
3. Install the IPA onto your iPad.
4. Follow the instructions in the app to link to your iPhone.

There are a couple of limitations. Firstly, it is only possible to use WhatsApp on iPad in iPhone mode either zoomed out or in. There is no universal app. Secondly, notifications don't work. Thirdly, iCloud backup isn't available, but that will happen from the primary phone.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works well and is a native WhatsApp experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.