Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
My wife and I started Why Women Kill. Have to say, it’s pretty funny. Almost done with season one. It has a real Desperate Housewives feel to it.

Show summary on Next Episode:
Why Women Kill details the lives of three women living in three different decades: a housewife in the '60s, a socialite in the '80s and a lawyer in 2018, each dealing with infidelity in their marriages. The series will examine how the roles of women have changed, but how their reaction to betrayal... has not.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Don Quixote

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Horst Tappert (in his Derrick coat) and I in Munich late 1993:
Ah very neat. I know there is a fuss about his past but he probably didn’t have much of a choice, like many young men of the time.

For those that don’t know the series, he plays Oberinspektor Derrick, aided by his colleague Harry Kleine and they investigate murders.

The older episodes are a real time warp with all the classic police cars (vintage Audi, VW and BMWs).

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I love this show.

Season 1 so far has been the best one... but the following seasons aren't bad.
Unfortunately, and sorry to contradict you but season 2 & 3 (just started) turned bad. But season 1 was very original and funny. I loved it so much. So my disappointment is huge. We now have a stupid morale at each end of episode. I don’t know why it turned like that.

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I canceled my Prime membership a month ago, but instead of getting a 4-month refund they simply won't renew my membership in June. Pretty sh*tty, but not as bad as the snakes at sirius xm. [/off-soap-box-rant]
Anyhoo, I just learned that Prime Video is now offering Northern Exposure, a show I've heard a lot about but I either didn't have a TV, or the necessary cable subscription, at the time ('90s?). Watched the first episode last night, and enjoyed the hell out of it; will try to watch the rest before June (I don't do much tv).
When I bought my Apple TV a couple months ago I signed up for the 1-free-month/3-discount-month deal they were offering; sadly they'd already removed the Beatles documentary about recording their last album, which I really wanted to see. I did watch the first episode of Ted Lasso, but it didn't appeal to me so I'll probably be dropping AppleTV+, and just keep Apple Music, soon.

Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I canceled my Prime membership a month ago, but instead of getting a 4-month refund they simply won't renew my membership in June. Pretty sh*tty, but not as bad as the snakes at sirius xm. [/off-soap-box-rant]
Anyhoo, I just learned that Prime Video is now offering Northern Exposure, a show I've heard a lot about but I either didn't have a TV, or the necessary cable subscription, at the time ('90s?). Watched the first episode last night, and enjoyed the hell out of it; will try to watch the rest before June (I don't do much tv).
When I bought my Apple TV a couple months ago I signed up for the 1-free-month/3-discount-month deal they were offering; sadly they'd already removed the Beatles documentary about recording their last album, which I really wanted to see. I did watch the first episode of Ted Lasso, but it didn't appeal to me so I'll probably be dropping AppleTV+, and just keep Apple Music, soon.
Get Back is also available on disney... I believe...

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Unfortunately, and sorry to contradict you but season 2 & 3 (just started) turned bad. But season 1 was very original and funny. I loved it so much. So my disappointment is huge. We now have a stupid morale at each end of episode. I don’t know why it turned like that.
Honestly, I felt the same way.. oh well.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
No worries and you're not wrong.

I didn't want to spoil it for you, but yes, last two seasons were still fun for me but a big let down.

Reactions: pachyderm

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
The last episode of Resident Alien was decent, I laughed a few times! But the B, C D stories are just so pointless. It feels it’s just for the supporting cast to be present.

Anyway, next week is Shōgun and I’m excited because I went for the first time of my life to Japan recently and it was fantastic. I hope I can download the episodes and watch it in the plane, because I have a long flight of 13 hours.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
but not as bad as the snakes at sirius xm.
What's your problem with Sirius? Just renewed at a very good promo rate. I use a virtual credit card so charges are denied at the next yearly renewal. Call them at renewal time to get the promo rate again.

Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
What's your problem with Sirius? Just renewed at a very good promo rate. I use a virtual credit card so charges are denied at the next yearly renewal. Call them at renewal time to get the promo rate again.
I actually had a good experience with them. I just never used it. So I cancelled.

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
After a dry spell anime-wise, just started a couple of weeks ago an anime "Solo Levelling" which is based on a manwha (Korean manga) of the same name. Fairly typical action (shonen or whatever the Korean version is) but well-executed - starts slow but builds up as the protagonist uncovers his power. Even though a Korean title, a Japanese studio made it and the soundtrack is provided by the Japanese composer Hiroyuki Sawano who worked on Attack on Titan. Opening song is done with a Korean boy group "Tomorrow X Together" (no really).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Solo_Leveling_episodes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.