Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
My wife and I just finished watching The Bear. Sooooo good. Of course now we're itching to treat ourselves to a little fine dining in NYC. :)
The first 15 minutes or so of the first episode were so incredibly stressful to watch that I didn't think I would even finish the first episode. But I'm so glad I did because as you said, it's such a great show.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Started watching Tracker. Wasn't hopeful, as I thought it might be Reacher Lite, but it is surprisingly good. No language, not much violence (a shot in an arm, some short episodes of fisticuffs, etc), and some interesting story lines.

Better than I thought it would be.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Just watched a few shows:

The Octopus Murders - Netflix... wow. I have no doubt that there is more truth to this one than not. Makes you think!
The Woman in The House Across The Street From The Girl in The Window - Didn't see that coming!
Shogun - First two episodes... WOW!!!

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023

The Octopus Murders - Netflix... wow. I have no doubt that there is more truth to this one than not. Makes you think!
The Woman in The House Across The Street From The Girl in The Window - Didn't see that coming!
It is very intriguing ...
That was a pretty good show!

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019

I just started Shogun yesterday and WOW is the correct reaction! It's so well done and the production value is high. Really looking forward to watching the season unfold.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I just started Shogun yesterday and WOW is the correct reaction! It's so well done and the production value is high. Really looking forward to watching the season unfold.

The production value has been through the roof!!! It is done so freaking well. Blows my mind that this is a TV Show... Reminds me of GOT when it comes to the production value!!

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Started watching Tracker. Wasn't hopeful, as I thought it might be Reacher Lite, but it is surprisingly good. No language, not much violence (a shot in an arm, some short episodes of fisticuffs, etc), and some interesting story lines.

Better than I thought it would be.
Agreed. It's good mindless entertainment without all the cliché material.

Boil

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2018
Stargate Command
house-of-the-dragon-700x380-1.jpeg

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
I (we) just completed much-enjoyed viewings of all 10 Series (79 episodes) of 'Doc Martin - The Complete Series' -- a British, light drama/comedy, quite recently released by Acorn TV, via a dvd box set collection. Yeah, a great opportunity to view the entire tv series.

And Acorn TV did such a great job in making it all come together -- with the presentations, and packaging. And all discs played without a singe 'technical blip'.

A wonderful British tv series .... and thanks to Acorn TV for their fine, box set.
unnamed-8.jpg

Last edited:

jeremz1ne

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2023
Reno,Nv
American Nightmare Denise Huskins On Netflix, really wild story but even more wilder about how Vallejo did nothing but try and make it a hoax and nobody lost their jobs

Zendokan

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2011
Belgium
Never seen it.... I really like James Spader though... "Robert California" is one of my favorite characters from The Office...
It's good for a syndicated villain of the week and global arc type series, I really like James Spader's acting starting from the mid eighties, loved him in Stargate the movie, The Practise and Boston Legal and he's just "James Spader" in this series.

Reactions: Don Quixote
Constellation on Apple TV ... not horrible... actually a fairly decent show but my patience for soap operas, which all tv shows seem to be now, is very thin. I really hope they wrap it up in one but I'm sure they won't.

Current, as of the seventh episode.

It’s the kind of series I would want to watch all at once, in sequence, as there’s enough non-linear plot interweaving to warrant a weekend, rainy day viewing.

It you didn’t follow after the first handful of episodes, I can assure you this isn’t a soap opera. Its closest-themed analogues are the short-lived series, Awake, and Fringe. It’s an overarching theme I enjoy, one I would love to see even more thoughtful ways of possible implications (if there lends future evidence-oriented credence supporting firm grounding for the quantum theory hypothesis).

I’d also like to think this particular cast, all of whom have some serious roles behind them, would not have signed off to be in a disposable series. Of course, if money is what they want from their career, then that’s what they’ll receive. </dramatic_stern_leia_voice>

I could, were I showrunning, foresee how this plot could unfold beyond a single season — and not appear as if there’s a bankruptcy of creative imagination beyond a first chapter/book. Those subsequent seasons, as I could imagine them, might take on a different tempo and carry additional urgency over this one, making each season almost like their own, discrete books comprising either a dilogy or a trilogy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don Quixote

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Current, as of the seventh episode.

It’s the kind of series I would want to watch all at once, in sequence, as there’s enough non-linear plot interweaving to warrant a weekend, rainy day viewing.

It you didn’t follow after the first handful of episodes, I can assure you this isn’t a soap opera. Its closest-themed analogues are the short-lived series, Awake, and Fringe. It’s an overarching theme I enjoy, one I would love to see even more thoughtful ways of possible implications (if there lends future evidence-oriented credence supporting firm grounding for the quantum theory hypothesis).

I’d also like to think this particular cast, all of whom have some serious roles behind them, would not have signed off to be in a disposable series. Of course, if money is what they want from their career, then that’s what they’ll receive. </dramatic_stern_leia_voice>

I could, were I showrunning, foresee how this plot could unfold beyond a single season — and not appear as if there’s a bankruptcy of creative imagination beyond a first chapter/book. Those subsequent seasons, as I could imagine them, might take on a different tempo and carry additional urgency over this one, making each season almost like their own, discrete books comprising either a dilogy or a trilogy.
It is kinda interesting/entertaining.

I'm behind on it right now.

Reactions: B S Magnet

smoking monkey

macrumors 68020
Mar 5, 2008
I HUNGER
Struck by covid so I've been watching a lot of Burn Notice. I'd been slowly going through it prior but binged it the past 3 days and really shocked at the massive change in the direction of the show in S5. S1~4 was a lot of fun, but from S5 it turns way too dramatic and they
kill the lead's brother for no reason other than to give him the next thing to hunt down
and change the show significantly. It's become overwrought melodrama and I think I'm going to stop watching. First 4 seasons were a lot of fun though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.