Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crzyrio

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Is there no way to listen to past shows with the DJ's? I am only able to listen to their playlist

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
How do I find his AM page?
- I haven't found anyway to get any info on my Mac so I'm not gonna go there. Sigh.
- From iPhone, I click on the Beats 1 logo and see other shows but not Hommes.
- If I go to the AM Tumblr site, I do find Hommes there but if I click on his link, it just loads the generic Beats 1 page so that does me no good.
- If I search for Hommes on AM and click on his playlists, I finally see 2 playlists: one introducing him and one from his first show but not his second show.

It shouldn't be this hard! Can you please tell me exactly how to find it?

Agree completely. This sort of stuff should be front and centre in Radio section of the app. If they did that, with better schedule info, and the option to listen again to whole shows that would be a big improvement.

Reactions: nheilweil

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
I'm pretty shocked at the people claiming Beats1 is all hip hop! I'm wondering if we are listening to the same Beats1. I Was JUST talking to my friend yesterday about how they don't play much hip hop and all, and the hip hop shows were a nice addition by giving that genre some air play. I've heard MOSTLY indie stuff... I've already discovered more new bands/songs I now love in the past week than I have in the past year before Beats1. So far, Zane Lowe's show is by far my favorite, but really I haven't heard a show Ive completely hated.

nheilweil

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Redmond, WA
...Also, I can share all the playlists with people on Facebook, iMessage, anything. When the android app comes out, I can share it to them too. Easy. It could be easily improved though, like finding friends on Apple Music, etc, but I expect that to come down the line. For a first release, it's a good start.
We agree it's a first release and we both expect it to get better down the line.

But are you seriously defending AM's social networking by saying you can share playlists. That's not very social -- that's a one-way push. It's like email without even being able to get a reply! Social is about rapid, free-flowing, automatic connections. Social is easily connecting with friends, automatically seeing what playlists they are creating, automatically seeing what bands and songs they love, how about some playlists created that blend what my friends like with what Apple is suggesting, etc. Apple's always had a tough time with this so let's hope they get some good energy behind it!

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
We agree it's a first release and we both expect it to get better down the line.

But are you seriously defending AM's social networking by saying you can share playlists. That's not very social -- that's a one-way push. It's like email without even being able to get a reply! Social is about rapid, free-flowing, automatic connections. Social is easily connecting with friends, automatically seeing what playlists they are creating, automatically seeing what bands and songs they love, how about some playlists created that blend what my friends like with what Apple is suggesting, etc. Apple's always had a tough time with this so let's hope they get some good energy behind it!

As I said, it's a start, I can share playlists, ones I find and ones I make. The only thing really missing is being able to follow friends, like you can follow artists/curators. Seeing what you can already do with Connect, I expect them to allow following friends to follow quickly, that will cover what you are suggesting. They're not going to have everything right out of the gate....

johngordon

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
Looks like they have a YouTube channel - they have uploaded the interviews with Eminem and Ed Sheeran.

I discovered by accident that if you tap on the main Beats 1 banner (other than the play now button) on the iPad you do actually go to generic Beats 1 page with a bit of info - current show, featured shows and some schedules.

But still not sure how you get to that page in iTunes.

Which kind of feels like its almost there - so for example tap on Zane's show and it has a short bio along with playlists from the shows and his connect feed. If that page had past shows to listen again to, and when his next shows were on with a bit of info that would be much better.

Giving people the option to listen to a show again, or just the playlist if people don't like all the talking would cover all bases.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
It is almost always hip hop for me. I tuned in Saturday night thinking that they will be playing live club music but no hip hop. I rather also not listen to garbage stations like Hot 97 in NYC that play hip hop even Saturday night.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

Dranix

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
left the forum
It is almost always hip hop for me. I tuned in Saturday night thinking that they will be playing live club music but no hip hop. I rather also not listen to garbage stations like Hot 97 in NYC that play hip hop even Saturday night.

Thanks - I'm not alone with the hiphop only feeling.

Edit: Is it perhaps a question of time? Does german primetime just hit the hip hop blocks?

Last edited:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks - I'm not alone with the hiphop only feeling.

Edit: Is it perhaps a question of time? Does german primetime just hit the hip hop blocks?

You missed this then. No hip hop in Elton John's show.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/playlist/elton-john-july-6-2015/idpl.4c856d0b83524b5980a37955810946f5

Julie Adenuga's show last night had a mix of stuff. Some Chemical Brothers (electronic), The Foals(Alternative), Wolf Alice (Alternative), DJ Marky (Dance/Drum&Bass), yes a couple of hip hop, oh and Baz Luhrmann but still, quite a mix.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/playlis...-1-july/idpl.a4db01c2fc79451282625cf4cf181f38

Reactions: Jstuts5797

Jstuts5797

macrumors 6502a
Dec 15, 2013
Zane's show yesterday had very little hip hop as well. I'm in the U.S. In the central time zone... For those who are thinking maybe they are hitting it up at the wrong times.

Reactions: shandyman

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Zane's show yesterday had very little hip hop as well. I'm in the U.S. In the central time zone... For those who are thinking maybe they are hitting it up at the wrong times.

Look at Zane's show from today, only 3 Hip Hop songs out of 14m that's only 21%.....

Zane Lowe on Beats 1: July 7, 2015

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436302637.415658.jpg

St Vincent's Mixtape Delivery Service also had no Hip Hop at all...

Last edited:

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Personally, I think it's because people went in without understanding what Beats 1 was meant to be.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
So what is it meant to be? Enlighten us :)

If you listened to radio in the 90's... that's it. Seriously, it's DJs playing songs they think people will like and interviews and everything that sadly people have moved away from. So many responses I've read equate to "but they don't play music I like" or "the DJ keeps talking" without getting the basic idea of the station itself. If they just want to hear the music they like, Apple Music has stations with just songs based on either a song or an artist or an album.

Reactions: Jstuts5797

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
It's probably also worth noting that the radio station is exclusively English speakers, and all are US/UK based. So it's going to be tuned to what the US/UK like, not what non English speaking countries like.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
I know that we've established that programs repeat at night, but I'm not clear as to when. When does live programming start each day, at 9AM PT or 8AM PT? When do the repeats start and end? This is all very unclear to me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.