Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
This thread may not age well… find out next week.

I doubt we will see iPads next week.

While the size of the Mini 6 is great, unless you really need "small," the 4GB of RAM in the 6 is concerning. The Air 5 and low end Pros have 8GB. The Air is only $100 more than a Mini 6, but its got more horsepower, with the M1 chip.

Granted, most people will get along fine with 4GB, but you don't know what the future holds.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
I doubt we will see iPads next week.

While the size of the Mini 6 is great, unless you really need "small," the 4GB of RAM in the 6 is concerning. The Air 5 and low end Pros have 8GB. The Air is only $100 more than a Mini 6, but its got more horsepower, with the M1 chip.

Granted, most people will get along fine with 4GB, but you don't know what the future holds.

I think the chance for new iPads is very high. We shall see. The Mini has PLENTY of fans.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
I think the chance for new iPads is very high. We shall see. The Mini has PLENTY of fans.
The rumor mill is all over the place, but I'm fairly certain this is going to be a Mac-only event. I'm not in the market for a new iPad OR a new Mac, so I'm just observing this time around, but it doesn't feel like iPads are coming to me.

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
The rumor mill is all over the place, but I'm fairly certain this is going to be a Mac-only event. I'm not in the market for a new iPad OR a new Mac, so I'm just observing this time around, but it doesn't feel like iPads are coming to me.
I'm ready to buy a Mini, but I'll hold off till the weekend just in case.

Last edited:

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
No, but they will pad it with stories how people will use the M3's features to do all these new things.

We will see, either way I’m thinking of selling my M1 11” Pro for the next Mini, I need a new Mac computer and iPad OS just isn‘t as good as a computer. And I want to play games and find the bigger iPad too big really. I only use the iPad for content consumption and social media, not what I thought I would do with it. I looked at the Mini 6 too at the time.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
We will see, either way I’m thinking of selling my M1 11” Pro for the next Mini, I need a new Mac computer and iPad OS just isn‘t as good as a computer. And I want to play games and find the bigger iPad too big really. I only use the iPad for content consumption and social media, not what I thought I would do with it. I looked at the Mini 6 too at the time.
lol no iPad mini for you

• Haha
Reactions: diamornte

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Sorry, no iPad mini but I did think it was gonna be just a MacBook Pro announcement. I was also surprised that this event would last longer than it did. But those that thought the iPad may come, the event logo, said it all, Mac only.

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Price wise the 11” pro is way better value anyway, can be had on sale or refurb from Apple.
Mini is way overprice.

Pezimak

macrumors 68030
May 1, 2021
Price wise the 11” pro is way better value anyway, can be had on sale or refurb from Apple.
Mini is way overprice.

But the mini can also be had on sale or refurb? BY default it’s always around £300 cheaper than the iPad Pro in the UK. Thr iPad Pro IMO is overpriced, it ’starts’ from £899!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.