Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
EfiLoginUI, FileVault 2

Until recently, there was poor contrast. For example, from Yosemite:

ME9mkUn.jpg

vaguely recall some improvement at or around the early boot process. Maybe to the cosmetics of bootroot.

Now, with golden master candidate 16A319 of Sierra, the background to EfiLoginUI is an Apple-provided blurred photograph of mountains, and the photograph is dark enough to allow easy reading of the texts.

In simple terms: for two years, the released interface was only half-baked.

acosmichippo

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
Disk Utility can be resized and Raid creation is back

That's just great. El Capitan removed it from my 2009 Mac Pro. Now my Mac Pro isn't supported for Sierra. So now I'm stuck without Raid creation in disk utility. sometimes apple really pisses me off.

Morpheo

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2014
Paris/Montreal
Sorry if this has already been adressed, but after installing Sierra earlier today, when I look at San Fransisco in the Finder or Mail it looks like they changed it a bit - am I seeing things?

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
Are notifications supposed to resemble iOS 10? The notification popups appear just as they did in El Capitan for me. I restored from a Time Machine backup.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2008
EfiLoginUI, FileVault 2

Now, with golden master candidate 16A319 of Sierra, the background to EfiLoginUI is an Apple-provided blurred photograph of mountains, and the photograph is dark enough to allow easy reading of the texts.

Unfortunately, now it won't remember any other resolution than default. I have my rMBP set at 1440x900 and every time I restart it it will load with the default 1280x800 and it will make a not so cool transition to the scaled resolution when it's loading.

On El Capitan and earlier, it would not work with 1680x1050 but it would for 1440x900. A real bummer.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
Had a quick question and wondered if anyone has seen that in Safari Privacy preference their used to be an exact number of cookies that had been allowed but now that number seems to have disappeared. You can only click on manage cookies and go one by one if you want to delete. No way of knowing how many actual cookies have been set on my iMac. Thanks for the info.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2006
It's been many years since I have made any setups related to 'Dictionary', but all the last years I had even in offline use, a lot of available dictionaries.
Now that I have gone to sierra(upgrade) I see almost none!
What has happened?
Can I re-download from somewhere and add them again?

mbfanos

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2011
In previous mac OS, if I type like the photo attached, safari will suggest something. Most of the time, it would be a website I visited. To open that suggested website, I can simply press Enter.
Now, in Sierra, if I type "macru", then macrumors.com pops up. If I press enter, Safari opens Google and search for "macru" instead of opening macrumors.com. If I want to open macrumors.com in the old fashion, I have to press the down-arrow button, then press Enter.

Is there any way that I can make Safari work like the old days? Is there any setting to change? I've tried Preferences in Safari and Accessibility, Keyboard in System Preferences but I found no way to do so.
Please help me. :(

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.57.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.57.20 AM.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 238

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
In previous mac OS, if I type like the photo attached, safari will suggest something. Most of the time, it would be a website I visited. To open that suggested website, I can simply press Enter.
Now, in Sierra, if I type "macru", then macrumors.com pops up. If I press enter, Safari opens Google and search for "macru" instead of opening macrumors.com. If I want to open macrumors.com in the old fashion, I have to press the down-arrow button, then press Enter.

Is there any way that I can make Safari work like the old days? Is there any setting to change? I've tried Preferences in Safari and Accessibility, Keyboard in System Preferences but I found no way to do so.
Please help me. :(
Huh. Still works exactly the same for me:
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 17.42.08.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 17.43.07.png

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
Has anyone had issues with the ordering of the widgets in the Today View section of the Notification Center? Mine seem to re-order themselves randomly, and this has been going on since I think Yosemite. One day, I set the World Clock at the top, followed by the Weather. The next day, on a fresh restart, the order is different: Calendar at the top for example, followed by Calculator, followed by .... It's driving me nuts. The order stays the same in the System Preferences checkboxes, but the display of the widgets constantly changes. Any ideas on this?

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2013
USA
EfiLoginUI, FileVault 2

ME9mkUn.jpg

I don't see the blurred default Sierra background when getting that screen. I just get the standard white background. Am I missing something?
[doublepost=1475023196][/doublepost]
Sorry if this has already been adressed, but after installing Sierra earlier today, when I look at San Fransisco in the Finder or Mail it looks like they changed it a bit - am I seeing things?
Yeah, the font seems a bit different. It was hard to read at first on a non-Retina screen, but I've gotten used to it.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Jun 8, 2007
Am I missing something?

Sooner or later, Sierra will probably silently, invisibly mount the volume that's used for Recovery OS and for the early part of FileVault 2. Routine stuff. Whilst it's mounted there'll probably be addition of what's required for the image to appear. Then an automated unmount of the volume after which, your next start of the Mac should show the image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.