Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
I love stock Android so much. Pixel just gets it right. Clean and simple.

Also, does anyone have a good link for YouTube Revanced?

This exact reason I have not traded in my Pixel 7 Pro for a S23 Ultra.

Was reading Reddit on the S23 Ultra section and like 25% of users say it's still not as smooth or fluid as a Pixel or Nothing Phone. There's some minor jank or lag every once awhile. They say it's not much, but it does happen from time to time.

At this point my next phone will be the Pixel 8 Pro in 2 months.

Last edited:

aggie99

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2016
Dallas, TX

Was reading Reddit on the S23 Ultra section and like 25% of users say it's still not as smooth or fluid as a Pixel or Nothing Phone. There's some minor jank or lag every once awhile. They say it's not much, but it does happen from time to time.

Interesting. I find the S23U to be the most fluid/smooth device I have. P7P/Fold would be right behind it, followed by the iPhone 14PM. I used the S23U as my daily the last several days but switched back to the Pixel Fold as I just like the Pixel software better overall, but the S23U is blazing fast. One can only imagine how good the Pixel line would be with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016

The S23U was the smoothest phone I've ever owned. I never experienced any of that.

But it can't beat the Pixel experience. There's something about this software that is magical. The 8 might be tempting. 🫢

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
The S23U was the smoothest phone I've ever owned. I never experienced any of that.

But it can't beat the Pixel experience. There's something about this software that is magical. The 8 might be tempting. 🫢
I'm seeing a Pixel 8 in your future lol

I totally agree with y'all S23U was so smooth but Pixel daily interaction is hard to get away ...

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Interesting. I find the S23U to be the most fluid/smooth device I have. P7P/Fold would be right behind it, followed by the iPhone 14PM. I used the S23U as my daily the last several days but switched back to the Pixel Fold as I just like the Pixel software better overall, but the S23U is blazing fast. One can only imagine how good the Pixel line would be with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2.
I'd love that Snap with Pixel ..one can dream...haha

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
I ended up exchanging my Pixel 7 for the 7 Pro. It was worth it for the screen and haptic upgrade. What a difference. I also purchased the official Google case for it and I absolutely love it. Sturdy and minimal. Man, I've missed Google.

IMG_0276.jpeg

drinkingtea

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2016
I genuinely love Google's own apps, but I want Google to polish them; make the home bar FULLY transparent, give us Chrome extensions and a bottom address bar, and allow for searching within each respective podcast in the Podcasts app. Please, please, Google.

Also, I made a music widget!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827-231548.png
    Screenshot_20230827-231548.png
    2 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I genuinely love Google's own apps, but I want Google to polish them; make the home bar FULLY transparent, give us Chrome extensions and a bottom address bar, and allow for searching within each respective podcast in the Podcasts app. Please, please, Google.
Like Apple, Samsung and the Like sometimes companies like Google make easy fixes and incorporate them. A lot of the "features" on Android came from hacker's modifying the phone software adding in features Android didn't have at the time. The catch was it could brick your device and you would have no warranty.

Now companies are a lot more reserved and proactive at protecting their iP. So other than taking suggestions in Beta programs and making the very suggestions you are making. Not too many companies let you do so, so easily. Samsung is another one to offer suggestions during Beta.

I just got off the OneUI 6 Beta. There are some long standing issues I have with OneUI 5 and OneUI in general that I was able to voice in the suggestions area of the Samsung members app. You can join the beta there or unjoin.

If you are even thinking of joining the Samsung Beta be careful and make sure that you are ready. It will trigger download of the OneUI Beta 6 and you can't stop it. Once downloaded your only option is to install. So don't join the Beta program unless you are immediately ready to go. I wasn't and had changed my mind but couldn't back out even before I installed the Beta. Once it downloaded I was done. Once I joined I was done.

I had to do a complete wipe of the phone to get back to Android 13. After the restore it didn't take too long to get back up and running. I am actually impressed everything worked okay. Just be sure to use a good data cable.

It feels so nice to be back on stable build. The Beta is very glitchy all over the place and I would call it a Alpha 2 more than a Beta 1. But that is me. It just had too many issues to continue and I honestly didn't see a big difference other than the glitches. If you are interested I believe you can still join?

For me I did my best to give as much feedback as I could. It was fun to try the Beta and I know it will only get better but the update seems to be taking a while for a Beta. You would think we would have had at least one update by now. So I am now flashed with a fresh install of Android from Samsung. Device is so much smoother! I love it. I know Beta's have issues but since this was my phone I just had to move on. Tried with my Pixel too. Ultimately I just enjoy stable and reliable software??

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I'm not sure if anyone in the beta turned on the settings for the flash notifications.. we were talking about it on another forum.. I have mine turned off but might do some testing with the battery and the option on
487e7f1561272d0c0b83ba3948b76ac2.jpg

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
I'm not sure if anyone in the beta turned on the settings for the flash notifications.. we were talking about it on another forum.. I have mine turned off but might do some testing with the battery and the option on
487e7f1561272d0c0b83ba3948b76ac2.jpg
Now I want to try Pixel Beta. 😆.....

Oh well. Looks like a pretty cool feature that has been missing in these phones for a while. Edge lighting was an attempt by Samsung to do something similar year's ago. Before that phones used to have little LEDs in the bezel that would light up for a notification and were even color coded.

Personally I wish they would bring back the LEDs but with the bezels so slim there is no place to put them.

Reactions: Bkdodger

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Now I want to try Pixel Beta. .....

Oh well. Looks like a pretty cool feature that has been missing in these phones for a while. Edge lighting was an attempt by Samsung to do something similar year's ago. Before that phones used to have little LEDs in the bezel that would light up for a notification and were even color coded.

Personally I wish they would bring back the LEDs but with the bezels so slim there is no place to put them.
I have my edge lighting turned on for my Flip now ...so I might as well try it on the Pixel

• Haha
Reactions: Technerd108

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Quick questions for those who've tried the beta, when the final version comes out, do I have to do a factory reset or will it simply give me an OTA update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.