Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Puddled

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
Noticed the S8 and + have had a price drop in europe.

€720 /€820

The iphone x is €1130......

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland

€720 /€820

And there are frequent discounts too. I bought my unlocked S8+ from a local carrier's deal for 599€, and they're once again offering it for the same price. An iPhone X would cost me almost twice as much as the S8+ did.

Macalicious2011

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2011
London

€720 /€820

The price drop makes sense leading up as the Pixel 2 and iPhone X are stunning for the same slice of the pie. Come January price drops will be to late as people will hold out for the Galaxy S9 which I hope will be a smashing phone.

lcs101

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
Wow this phone got cheap fast $370 @ Best Buy for Verizon.
Only thing is it's spread over 24 months. So if you want to only keep it for a year, you only get a $175 discount as opposed to the full $350. Thinking I might wait for the Target Black Friday deal, which comes with a $300 Target gift card. For me, that's as good as cash.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
^However one would still be saving, vs buying at near full price as I rarely see it offered for less than MSRP w/o payments. I myself hate payments, but if it means saving then I will do that. Then turn it in for ~$300 next time around as has been the trend AND do payments again. Or sell on swappa etc...

lcs101

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
^However one would still be saving, vs buying at near full price as I rarely see it offered for less than MSRP w/o payments. I myself hate payments, but if it means saving then I will do that. Then turn it in for ~$300 next time around as has been the trend AND do payments again. Or sell on swappa etc...

Of course. I'm just pointing out that anybody who wants to keep the phone for less than 2 years will not see the full savings.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Only thing is it's spread over 24 months. So if you want to only keep it for a year, you only get a $175 discount as opposed to the full $350. Thinking I might wait for the Target Black Friday deal, which comes with a $300 Target gift card. For me, that's as good as cash.
This isn't true for Best Buy. Their deals are as a down payment so you only owe the remaining amount that can be paid off after 15 days I believe.

lcs101

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
This isn't true for Best Buy. Their deals are as a down payment so you only owe the remaining amount that can be paid off after 15 days I believe.
Hmm. Maybe I read wrong or misremembered. I know they have done it as you say previously, but I thought it was different this time through Verizon. My apologies if I was mistaken.

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Hmm. Maybe I read wrong or misremembered. I know they have done it as you say previously, but I thought it was different this time through Verizon. My apologies if I was mistaken.
No worries at all! I just recently purchased a phone from Best Buy that was at a discount and it was in the form of a down payment, I was curious how it worked as well. Best Buy is a down payment, Target is usually in the form of a gift card, and Verizon does the monthly credits.

lcs101

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
No worries at all! I just recently purchased a phone from Best Buy that was at a discount and it was in the form of a down payment, I was curious how it worked as well. Best Buy is a down payment, Target is usually in the form of a gift card, and Verizon does the monthly credits.
I just wish the current Best Buy deal were for AT&T as well.

Reactions: timeconsumer

lcs101

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2010
I bought my S8 for $470 at Best Buy but on monthly payments through Verizon. Paid the usual $30 activation fee and tax of msrp out the door.
As I pointed out above, it appears I was mistaken. Again, I just wish the current deal was not only for Verizon and Sprint

unclejamaal

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2010
Hello everyone.

Finally got myself a Samsung S8+ .

Could someone please recommend a good case with a stand? I already have the Samsung ClearView Stand Cover, but is there a non-flip case with a stand that people would recommend?

How about this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Spigen®-Technology-Magnetic-Kickstand-Crystal-Clear/dp/B06XP4FVVH/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1511266663&sr=8-4&keywords=spigen+galaxy+s8++case+with+stand

What screen protector do people recommend with this? Ideally a tough glass one which you can use with a case! Some local independent stores here sell and fit 'unbranded' glass ones for anything from £10-£20, but if anyone has a tried and tested name and model, with which you can use the edge screen easily and keep the phone in a case?

Finally, what wireless chargers do people recommend? Ideally I want a future proof one, and not one just compatible with the S8+

PS: I'm in the UK.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.