Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
serious question for you guys that have the Fold and a regular slab phone.

Do you get tired of unfolding the Fold?
Not really. Compared to my slabs, the Fold is thicker but it's great for YouTube and videos. And, the Spen works well with it. However, when it comes out, I'll get the S22 Ultra, too. It'll be nice to have a non-folding Note, as well. If the Fold 4's front screen is Spen compatible, I won't use the slab much.

Reactions: jamezr

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I highly doubt Samsung will ever add top tier camera tech for their foldables… there will always be tradeoffs in pursuit to make the price reasonable for the public. Standard/normal phones will have the better camera tech over foldables… that’s just the nature of the industry.

If your desire to have the top tier camera in a smartphone… I don’t think foldables will ever be in that list. But more OEMs are coming with foldables… Find N and Mate X2 have a wider outer display. And the upcoming HONOR Magic V has a wider outer display. So, I believe Samsung will eventually make changes to make the display wider.
Agreed

This is why competition is good it will get Samsung to keep making improvements

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
Ok, so if you're still waiting on the one ui 4 (Android 12) update for you unlocked Fold (and are on TMobile ) try an ATT or VZW sim!

I have an inactive ATT laying around. Figured, I'd try it.. Popped it in, rebooted, checked for the update and boom!

Even with the 'sim not provisioned' msg, I got the update!

Reactions: Bkdodger

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Wish Samsung would approve this damn starter kit. Really want that S pen. Laying down on the sofa with the fold 3 is a joy in one hand just need that S pen to make it the best experience

Reactions: yui4 and Bkdodger

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Wish Samsung would approve this damn starter kit. Really want that S pen. Laying down on the sofa with the fold 3 is a joy in one hand just need that S pen to make it the best experience

I dont know if its because I have big hands, but I find the Fold 3 so comfortable to use when unfolded. Seriously, if they just widen the outer display a little bit and improve the cameras a little, then this phone would be my daily driver.

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
I dont know if its because I have big hands, but I find the Fold 3 so comfortable to use when unfolded. Seriously, if they just widen the outer display a little bit and improve the cameras a little, then this phone would be my daily driver.
I don't have big hands and I have to tell you I think the thinness of the phone went unfolded. I'm able to one-hand it comfortably.. it feels better than my Pixel which sometimes gives me hand cramps lol.. I just ordered one of those Oh snap Magsafe for it ...

Reactions: The Game 161

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Agreed, even with a case on it feels good in the hand. I. Will be interested to see if Samsung do widen the outer display given all these new foldables have a wider display.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Just curious for what security update is everyone on? Do you guys have the latest January update?

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Decided to order the s pen pro. Arrives Saturday lets see how it is

Ordered the silicone case as well
Nice. Not bad at all. I think you will like both of them. I think the silicone case is a good one but at the end of the day I just end up going back to my naked phone with a skin lol

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Nice. Not bad at all. I think you will like both of them. I think the silicone case is a good one but at the end of the day I just end up going back to my naked phone with a skin lol

Yeah did think about a skin, I may take the case off from time to time but with hard flooring at home thought would not risk it on a daily basics not given the cost

Bkdodger

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2019
Yeah did think about a skin, I may take the case off from time to time but with hard flooring at home thought would not risk it on a daily basics not given the cost
That's what I was doing. I was flipping off and on off and on and then finally just same way as I did with my previous fold. I just went skin only.. I hear you..

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Yeah.. I agree. Skin doesn't offer enough protection, but decided to go with a sleeve instead.

It's quite easy to slide in and out... fits perfectly! It's a product that actually could advertise for the Galaxy Fold. But I'm sure most Fold users don't mind interacting with the outer display.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Since I recently updated to OneUI 4.0… My Files app has been updated as well. I tend to use my Samsung T7 to offload storage from the Fold and noticed they added an unmount option. For which has been dope for me… and I know I can use the Notification Center to unmount the drive.

But I’m glad they actually provided in the My Files app.

67c519821acea01ad1f715661c5a9e85.png

M5RahuL

macrumors 68040
Aug 1, 2009
TeXaS
If anyone is interested in the Samsung leather case for the ZF3, Amazon has it ( only the Black color ) for sale at $60.xx ( reg. $79.99 ) .. I price matched with Best Buy, used my rewards cert, and got it for $35!

Link to Amazon : https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-Protective-Shockproof-EF-VF926LAEGUS/dp/B0977JZH1C/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3RSPHTWG45E1H&keywords=samsung+galaxy+z+fold+3+case&qid=1642452987&refinements=p_85:2470955011,p_89:Samsung+Electronics&rnid=2528832011&rps=1&s=wireless&sprefix=samsung+galaxy+z+fold+3+case,aps,184&sr=1-3&th=1

Shipped & Sold by Amazon.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Still on December right now

Starter pack finally on the way. Likely won't use the case now I have s pen Pro

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
My fold 3 starter kit has arrived. While the flap on the s pen case is annoying I can see why Samsung did this. I use the flap to hold the phone in portrait and actually is more comfortable by doing so

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
My fold 3 starter kit has arrived. While the flap on the s pen case is annoying I can see why Samsung did this. I use the flap to hold the phone in portrait and actually is more comfortable by doing so
The flap is why I gave up on the S Pen, and case. I just couldn't deal with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.