Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England
I imagine it will be fine, but any idea how Two Point Hospital will run on my iMac.

Late 2015 27" 5K iMac - 4.00Ghz i7 - 16GB RAM - Radeon M395X 4GB - 512GB SSD.

Possible to play at a higher graphic settings?

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I imagine it will be fine, but any idea how Two Point Hospital will run on my iMac.

Late 2015 27" 5K iMac - 4.00Ghz i7 - 16GB RAM - Radeon M395X 4GB - 512GB SSD.

Possible to play at a higher graphic settings?
Your system specifications exceed the recommended hardware in every respect, so you ought to have a good experience. You can always refund it if you only play less than two hours and find you don’t like it.

Reactions: Mikey86uk

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
I never buy directly from steam but buy steam keys from fanatical or cdkeys and get awesome deals.

Would like steam to allows at least 2 users playing with the same account kinda like family in iOS.

Reactions: Mikey86uk

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I never buy directly from steam but buy steam keys from fanatical or cdkeys and get awesome deals.

Would like steam to allows at least 2 users playing with the same account kinda like family in iOS.
You can do this (kind of) if you enable Steam Sharing. It can’t be an online game though, and one of the players can’t be logged into Steam (the person who owns the game). Thems the breaks.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Atlas on Steam comes out today. It’s by the same company that makes Ark: Survival Evolved, but its got a pirate theme, and it’s a MMO with a PVE and PVP server, that they claim it can handle 40k players. Anyone going to jump into this? I’m going to be visiting relatives over Christmas, so I am going to wait, read some reviews, and listen to guildmates who are playing it today, before I decide.

6CAA60DC-6887-4172-9DAB-009AB5E554D7.jpeg

PCGamer, Hand On With Atlas: https://www.pcgamer.com/atlas-mmo/

Last edited:

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Atlas on Steam comes out today. It’s by the same company that makes Ark: Survival Evolved, but its got a pirate theme, and it’s a MMO with a PVE and PVP server, that they claim it can handle 40k players. Anyone going to jump into this? I’m going to be visiting relatives over Christmas, so I am going to wait, read some reviews, and listen to guildmates who are playing it today, before I decide.

Hopefully they used a newer Game Engine that runs better and scales down well to the Switch... ;)

Reactions: txa1265 and Huntn

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Hopefully they used a newer Game Engine that runs better and scales down well to the Switch... ;)
I believe it uses a newer version of the Unreal Engine. The game release was pushed back from the 19th to the 21Dec, after the original timer ran out. A friend told me that instead making an announcement on Steam, they made a tweet or something like that.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Atlas’s launch sucked. My impression is large numbers of people overwelming the servers. About 70% of Steam reviews are negative. Some people are calling it an Ark: Survival Evolved DLC. I’m waiting on purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: txa1265

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Atla’s launch sucked. My impression is large numbers of people overwelming the servers. About 70% of Steam reviews are negative. Some people are calling it an Ark: Survival Evolved DLC. I’m waiting on purchase.

I have lost my gusto for supporting many things out of the gate unless it is a developer I am specifically trying to support - for this very reason.

Same for Kickstarter - seems like the majority of things I have supported have been mediocre to abysmal, with Underworld Ascendant being the latest example ...
[doublepost=1545580401][/doublepost]
Atla’s launch sucked. My impression is large numbers of people overwelming the servers. About 70% of Steam reviews are negative. Some people are calling it an Ark: Survival Evolved DLC. I’m waiting on purchase.

I have lost my gusto for supporting many things out of the gate unless it is a developer I am specifically trying to support - for this very reason.

Same for Kickstarter - seems like the majority of things I have supported have been mediocre to abysmal, with Underworld Ascendant being the latest example ...

Reactions: Huntn

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004

I can get to the page via a web browser from the link above, but can't get to it from within Steam itself.... (no listing)

Interesting...

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

[doublepost=1545580401][/doublepost]

I have supported several games (by buying them) in early release and most of them, have been ok to good experiences.

• Space Engineers
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Conan Exiles
  • Kerbal Space Program
  • Subnautica
  • Empyrion: Galactic Survival
Yes, others have been dissapointing, sucked, or short lived. Here is the thing, when you are paying $20 for a game versus $60, you can be dissapointed but live with it easier. :) I am a lot more discerning when it is a $60 purchase. I think the last games like that, I purchased were Fallout 4, and Elder Scrolls: Skyrim. Those were both big thumbs up.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Anyone here run through your Steam Discovery Queue on a regular or semi-regular basis and think the games being offered for quite a while now are 95% CRAP? I do. I have a about a 95% Ignore Rate assigned to the games I look at in my Discovery Queue. :oops:

txa1265

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2002
Corning, NY
Haha - I have NEVER used my discovery queue! Too many games that I know I would like to play or replay that I can’t seem to get to without trying something else ..

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Haha - I have NEVER used my discovery queue! Too many games that I know I would like to play or replay that I can’t seem to get to without trying something else ..
Lots of retro side scrollers, 8 bit graphics, computer music, straight from 1980-90 and oriental games, not that oriental is bad, there are some good developers there, but also a lot of crappy games.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I just went through my Steam queue, and out of 11 games profiled, 11 put on ignore. This is happening on a regular basis. :confused:
Is there a way to deselect games from my queue with oriental language and Kanji (print) characters (zero English)?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
I just went through my Steam queue, and out of 11 games profiled, 11 put on ignore. This is happening on a regular basis. :confused:
Is there a way to deselect games from my queue with oriental language and Kanji (print) characters (zero English)?

The only thing I was able to do is "tags to exclude with tag JRPG" and show content only in whatever language but don't check "Japanese"

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
26Nov19- Steam Controllers are on sale at Steam for $5. Does anyone know if these work with PC Game on your W10 PC? It also says it allows you to play your Steam games on you TV. Not that I want to do that, but isn't other Steam hardware required for that?
Thanks!

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

Atlas is down to $4.79 on Steam.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Atlas is down to $4.79 on Steam.
I’m in a guild who jumped on this game when it was new, and had plans to play it for a year. I was miffed because they had rushed though ARK: Survival Elvolved so I had declined. They talked me into it for a couple of days before I decided I did not like the grind and did not have admin access, so quit. They were finished with the game within 2 month. In comparison other equivalent games (Ark, Conan Exiles) are still going pretty strong in comparison, in the $17-34 Range.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I’m in a guild who jumped on this game when it was new, and had plans to play it for a year. I was miffed because they had rushed though ARK: Survival Elvolved so I had declined. They talked me into it for a couple of days before I decided I did not like the grind and did not have admin access, so quit. They were finished with the game within 2 month. In comparison other equivalent games (Ark, Conan Exiles) are still going pretty strong in comparison, in the $17-34 Range.

I figured it might be a poor game when the price dropped this low.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I figured it might be a poor game when the price dropped this low.
Sale the seas, fight pirates, build bases on island, explore new islands if you want to pay for a private server, you can actually rent several servers (which gets expensive, but is doable if you have guild support), that stitches land masses together for a larger exploration area. Arguably the other games offer more, ARK has dinos, a big draw that can be tamed, Conan Exiles has AI people animals that can be tamed or made slaves, both have fleshed out building systems and extensive mod support for better building, and in-game mechanisms. ARK has seversl good ones, that change dino spec, appearance, and one called Immersive Taming which majes the taming of high level dinos more realistic and not such a grind.

However, what these games lack for all intents and purposes is a questing structure. Conan has a couple of dungeons but nothing at all like WoW. And NOTHING like Bethesda’s RPGs, that with Fallout 4 let you both build and engage in compelling immersive stories.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.