Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Short version: after yesterday's game, fans were shouting, "AFTV, we want you out of our club". To add, it got so bad, Police had to intervene and protect Robbie...

Enlighten me (or us); I try to steer clear of AFTV and, in general, give it a very wide berth.

In fact, the last time I watched anything from that source - for the abundance of easily aroused (and somewhat entitled) rage irks me - was the they did an interview (a surprisingly good one) with John Bercow, the former Speaker of the House of Commons, who is an Arsenal fan.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
One was a massive GK error! I did make sure to message my MU supporting friend!

And until quite recently, De Gea would have been seen as one of the best goal-keepers on the planet.

Always a good day when the “special one” gets a loss :).

I concur.

Add to that the fact that Chelsea were playing away from home, while Spurs (down to ten men by the end) were at home, and the achievement becomes even more pronounced.

edvj

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Fredensborg,Denmark
:)
pnxOlul2j

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
Original poster
May 7, 2004
Sod off
The Watford win demonstrates Man Utd's reliance on counterattacking...against Watford, there are few opportunities for a counterattack, and thus far Man Utd have not been able to put together a good plan B for such circumstances.

Enlighten me (or us); I try to steer clear of AFTV and, in general, give it a very wide berth.

In fact, the last time I watched anything from that source - for the abundance of easily aroused (and somewhat entitled) rage irks me - was the they did an interview (a surprisingly good one) with John Bercow, the former Speaker of the House of Commons, who is an Arsenal fan.

AFTV loves a good froth-at-the-mouth rant - until they become the target of the rant, at which point AFTV brands the ranters "thugs."

Hmm.

Live by the sword, die by the sword, I suppose.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Well, this is weird. Our game (Arsenal), is not on American TV tomorrow. Not impressed...

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Well, this is weird. Our game (Arsenal), is not on American TV tomorrow. Not impressed...

The match was on NBC Sports Gold.

In answer to AFB's comment about only showing the top teams. There are ten matches on Boxing Day alone and one on Friday.

Thursday
7:30 a.m. ET: Tottenham v. Brighton – NBCSN [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Chelsea v. Southampton – NBCSN [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Aston Villa v. Norwich – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Bournemouth v. Arsenal – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Crystal Palace v. West Ham – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Everton v. Burnley – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Sheffield United v. Watford – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
12:30 p.m. ET: Man United v. Newcastle – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
3 p.m. ET: Leicester City v. Liverpool – NBCSN [STREAM]
Friday

2:45 p.m. ET: Wolves v. Man City – NBCSN [STREAM]
[automerge]1577379551[/automerge]
Chelsea just lost 2-0 to Southhampton, not a good Boxing Day for them.

Reactions: circatee

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The match was on NBC Sports Gold.

In answer to AFB's comment about only showing the top teams. There are ten matches on Boxing Day alone and one on Friday.

Thursday
7:30 a.m. ET: Tottenham v. Brighton – NBCSN [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Chelsea v. Southampton – NBCSN [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Aston Villa v. Norwich – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Bournemouth v. Arsenal – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Crystal Palace v. West Ham – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Everton v. Burnley – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
10 a.m. ET: Sheffield United v. Watford – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
12:30 p.m. ET: Man United v. Newcastle – NBC Sports Gold [STREAM]
3 p.m. ET: Leicester City v. Liverpool – NBCSN [STREAM]
Friday

2:45 p.m. ET: Wolves v. Man City – NBCSN [STREAM]
[automerge]1577379551[/automerge]
Chelsea just lost 2-0 to Southhampton, not a good Boxing Day for them.
Like I said all the top teams. (5th one down!) ;)

Reactions: JamesMike

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well ok then Liverpool, calm down. I’m pretty sure the title race is over, unless they somehow stop winning in 2020 ?.

This is an exceptionally emphatic victory; Leicester lie second in the table, and Liverpool has demonstrated the gulf in class, ability, appetite and skill between themselves and the teams pursuing them.

And Liverpool are winning from the front - as Manchester City did two seasons ago; this is a lot harder, as it means that you must stain that standard throughout an entire season.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.