Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I'm loving Animal Crossing. There's a much better sense of progression in New Horizons.

its pretty sweet! Love the graphics, the nuance, and that the song has finally changed! haha

...the switch OS is always somewhat inaccurate for hours played, but it says I've clocked in at least 15 so far

Played it last Thursday night as soon as the digital version unlocked, and really glad I went digital for this one! Also got $10 back In Best Buy bucks for it.

I love physical releases for collecting / ability to resell or trade down the road, but this is one I for sure want to have on deck always and not cartridge dependent for as casual of a game as it is.

Really happy with my digital purchase collection general: MK8D, Splatoon 2, and this.. of the major releases. I'm very selective on that front.

Reactions: tranceking26

tranceking26

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2013
its pretty sweet! Love the graphics, the nuance, and that the song has finally changed!

Yeah love the wind blowing through the trees etc.

What animals did you get?

I've got Renee, Stinky, Raddle, Gabi and Molly so far. I know Molly is a fan fave, I got lucky as took a trip and there she was!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Yeah love the wind blowing through the trees etc.

What animals did you get?

I've got Renee, Stinky, Raddle, Gabi and Molly so far. I know Molly is a fan fave, I got lucky as took a trip and there she was!

oh man don't recall off hand but more and more keep joining! and I just got a free nook ticket I need to use... been conserving my nook miles for other things recently : upgraded my inventory to support 40 items (two added rows)

garnerx

macrumors 6502a
Nov 9, 2012
Any Animal Crossing players want to swap friend codes to complete the full set of fruit, flowers, etc?
I have peaches, cherries, pears. Add me if you like - 5823-1867-4298 - although Nintendo's gimped online functionality does make it a bit tough to arrange online visits.

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
A reason why many can't get a Switch during this lockdown.

https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-shortage-can-partially-be-blamed-on-res-1842934148
The current shortage of Nintendo Switch consoles is frustrating many and it seems resellers and bots are partly to blame for the current situation.

Over the last month or so it has become extremely hard to find and buy a Nintendo Switch. Part of the reason it has become so tricky to snag a Switch is a lot of folks are staying home and want to play games like Animal Crossing. But another reason the consoles are nearly impossible to buy is thanks to an easy to use and totally free bot that allows people to buy dozens of Switch consoles at once.

This information comes from a recent Motherboard article. They also report that this easy to use bot is called “Bird Bot” and is an open-source and totally free bot developed to buy up items from online stores the second they are back in stock. The creator of the bot originally built it and uses it for sneakers, but it has become the backbone behind a growing community of resellers who are using it to snatch up hundreds of Switch consoles the moment they are back in stock. The community has even set up a large Discord server where they share tips and photos of their haul.
l6gndwwxagye4molwghb.jpg

The full report from Motherboard also explains that many of these resellers are using the recent stimulus checks that many in the US have received to help buy more Switch consoles and are hopeful folks with more money will be willing to pay their higher prices.

• Angry
Reactions: compwiz1202

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Guys, the 3D world rumor looks like it was true. That means the Paper Mario, SM64, Sunshine, and Galaxy rumors could be true as well. Is this what the stimulus checks were meant for? Haha

SM3DW is awesome ! haven't beat it on WiiU, but it came preloaded on my used console I bought like a year and a half ago.

SM3DL on 3DS is great too,

still, I won't double dip until this one is dirt cheap which it probably never will be since its switch and Nintendo 1st party

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Lots of Mario greatness announced yesterday! :)

The 3D Allstars and 3D World remasters are must-buys for me, as I have never played any of those games.

The 35 player Battle Royale thing looks fun, I'll try that.

The limited availability of "3D All Stars" is confusing to me. Why would they do that?

The AR Mario Kart looks fun as well. Interested to learn more. Probably quite pricy.

The only thing missing was a new original Super Mario game.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Lots of Mario greatness announced yesterday! :)

The 3D Allstars and 3D World remasters are must-buys for me, as I have never played any of those games.

The 35 player Battle Royale thing looks fun, I'll try that.

The limited availability of "3D All Stars" is confusing to me. Why would they do that?

The AR Mario Kart looks fun as well. Interested to learn more. Probably quite pricy.

The only thing missing was a new original Super Mario game.

Stupid, eBay resellers are selling the physical copies on eBay now for $110... :(

Lucky me - I'm terrible at these "Precision Jumping" games and sold all my Mario and Tomb Raider games collection a long while ago...

So I'll take a pass on this one...

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
MY CHILDHOOD

Sony rereleasing Spiderman for PS5 with 15 hours of additional content and story with Miles Morales..... for $40

Nintendo giving you 3 Mario games that are 10-20 years ago...... Didn't include Mario Galaxy 2(prob going to be another $60 game) for $60......

I can't wait for the Zelda one that will be $500 for an slightly updated Oracina of Time with graphics updated to look like it could be on PS2 :)

iosuser

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
Preordered 3D Allstars. I must get my hands on that Game & Watch, to add to my small collection.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Sony rereleasing Spiderman for PS5 with 15 hours of additional content and story with Miles Morales..... for $40

Nintendo giving you 3 Mario games that are 10-20 years ago...... Didn't include Mario Galaxy 2(prob going to be another $60 game) for $60......

I can't wait for the Zelda one that will be $500 for an slightly updated Oracina of Time with graphics updated to look like it could be on PS2 :)
Listen, I will gladly pay $60 for three of the most important games of my childhood on the switch, lol. And this will be the first time these games can be played on a portable handheld, if you’re not counting Mario 64 DS which was abysmal, haha.

Reactions: mlovergaard

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
im actually more excited for 3d world + 'bowsers fury' whatever that is hahah

I loved 3d world on Wii U and wouldn't mind having it on my switch, but ill probably wait until its on sale to get it (may never happen, 1st party pricing is locked generally)

but its nice theyre all coming out. still what's the deal with galaxy 2? a separate later release?

Reactions: dannyyankou

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
im actually more excited for 3d world + 'bowsers fury' whatever that is hahah

I loved 3d world on Wii U and wouldn't mind having it on my switch, but ill probably wait until its on sale to get it (may never happen, 1st party pricing is locked generally)

but its nice theyre all coming out. still what's the deal with galaxy 2? a separate later release?
What the hell could that mean? From the trailer, it almost looked open world. I never had a Wii U so I’ll definitely pick it up. I played 3D Land on the 3DS and liked it a lot.

I just think all the Wii U ports are funny, it’s like Nintendo’s way of saying “let’s pretend that console never happened” haha.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Stupid, eBay resellers are selling the physical copies on eBay now for $110... :(

Lucky me - I'm terrible at these "Precision Jumping" games and sold all my Mario and Tomb Raider games collection a long while ago...

So I'll take a pass on this one...
Those sellers can’t be serious, you can preorder the physical copy right now and you’ll be able to download the digital version until March.

In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if Nintendo changes their mind and keeps the digital version up.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
I am probably quite late to the switch party. Bought myself a switch lite back in April during the whole pandemic but haven't really found any games that I am particularly interested in, partly (I find) due to the smaller display. I have purchased streets of rage 4 and the darksiders games, played a little, then work took over and I have largely left my switch untouched since.

I currently have no interest in switching to the switch console. Any games which can be recommended for a handheld console that is evidently capable of running console games?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.