Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I'll be returning
Returning my apple case. This thing is much more compact, especially for traveling. And it’s only 1/10th the price.
I'll be returning both the small and medium syntech case for this EUCARLOS one. The Syntech small one while fits nice, has absolutely no where to store the battery. This Eurcarlos one looks compact and I like the pouch above for the battery.

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
Ordered this eucarlos one and will share my experience. I've previously used the bobovr C2 for the quest 2 and Annapro for the Q3. Neither were amazing but gave the product a home and I flew successfully with the C2.

I'm curious for people who end up traveling / using the VP without a case other than the included cover how the product holds up. After watching the teardown, its so complicated I presume it won't take too much bopping around.

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I'll be returning

I'll be returning both the small and medium syntech case for this EUCARLOS one. The Syntech small one while fits nice, has absolutely no where to store the battery. This Eurcarlos one looks compact and I like the pouch above for the battery.
Returned both small and medium and went with EUCARLOS. Cannot be more than happy with the decision. All other cases available are far too bulky; this one is as compact as it can get. (it has suction cups but you don’t have to stick them to the lens)

Attachments

• IMG_5282.jpeg
    IMG_5282.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_5281.jpeg
    IMG_5281.jpeg
    584.1 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: Josh Puetz

Josh Puetz

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2021
Sturgeon Bay, WI
Returned both small and medium and went with EUCARLOS. Cannot be more than happy with the decision. All other cases available are far too bulky; this one is as compact as it can get.
I have one ordered: looks exactly like what I am looking for. How are you protecting the lens?

C-Dub

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
I have one ordered: looks exactly like what I am looking for. How are you protecting the lens?
I’m just using the included silicone eye piece and placing them right in front of the lens but not using the suction cups. The battery and the cables are all strapped down so they won’t move around while in the case

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Returned both small and medium and went with EUCARLOS. Cannot be more than happy with the decision. All other cases available are far too bulky; this one is as compact as it can get. (it has suction cups but you don’t have to stick them to the lens)
Do you have to remove the knit band for it to fit in the case?

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
I also like the eucarlos case. It is as small as you can get for the VP, I think. A major improvement over the case I have for the Quest 3, which seems massive in comparison.

I took some pics of the VP w the knit still on, along w the battery still attached.

For the case to close completely with no pressure on the headset, the battery has to be oriented horizontally.

I routed the battery cable coming out of the VP along its natural direction to reduce stress on it.

I think for any type of long term or serious transport the cable should be detached and perhaps use the method @C-Dub is showing.

My use case is easier and faster pack away for short, relatively safe commutes or just safely away in the house.

Looking at the pic, the cord coming off the battery pack looks under stress. I had read speculation elsewhere that this was a likely failure point for the cable.

I just checked and I think this layout could be kept with less stress on the cable using a small insert in the pocket at the cable end. That puts more pressure on the left side of the pocket, giving more room for the the cable to protrude straight further, with less stress on that connection point.

Maybe a small shaped stack of cardboard or smooth 3d printed part with a channel for the cable to flow out would help.

I’m not sure about the lens protector. I would not normally have anything touching that surface.

The suction cups would almost certainly leave residue. It would be nice to have something like the Apple provided front cover that rests against the inside body, providing clearance from the lenses but an measure of protection.

Anyone see something like this for quest or VP?

Attachments

• IMG_3212.jpeg
    IMG_3212.jpeg
    673.5 KB · Views: 85
  • VP-eucarlos-case-connected-open.jpg
    VP-eucarlos-case-connected-open.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
I’m thinking of trying out some camera bags. My ideal use will is a padded case that slips into a larger backpack while traveling so I don’t need tons of padding for extra crush or drop protection. Maybe something like this or this with outside pockets for the battery & accessories, and maybe a shoulder strap for another carry option.

TLewis

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2007
I’m thinking of trying out some camera bags. My ideal use will is a padded case that slips into a larger backpack while traveling so I don’t need tons of padding for extra crush or drop protection. Maybe something like this or this with outside pockets for the battery & accessories, and maybe a shoulder strap for another carry option.
Peak Design has 20L and 30L gear backpacks that can supposedly hold Apple's case. Warning: they're even more expensive than Apple's case.

Tfones

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2024
Anyone else shocked at how large the Apple travel case is? I had naively thought it would just fit into the larger compartment of my Nomadic travel backpack separate from my laptop and iPad, but now it seems like it will not or will be really tight.
You did pay around $3500 for it, so you don't want it to break while traveling

MockT

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2024
Isn't everything apple release a bit on the expensive side 🤣🤣
No. They have competitively priced entry level segments in all their major product categories. Go ahead and compare Samsung earbuds, watches, phones, laptops and so on. Don't spread a myth.

MR1324

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2010
Hi all,

It looks like the moderators are merging case review threads, so I will continue to update this post with other peoples' case reviews as I see them.

If there are any specific cases you want to see reviews for, please let me know!

I've been using the official Apple Vision Pro Travel Case ($199) since release day and finally put together a review. Let me know if you have any questions!

I also compare it to a popular $30.99 3rd party Amazon case called Syntech here:

Quite possibly the smallest budget 3rd party case: $27.99 EUCARLOS Hard Carrying Case

This one by Waterfield Designs ($159-$179) is easily the best looking AVP case I've tried so far:

The $89.99 Spigen Apple Vision Pro Klasden Pouch Case is officially my favorite large form-factor AVP case:

Last edited:

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
The case is terrible. I found a case on Amazon that is infinitely better, smaller, and offers better protection. I'm returning the Apple one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.