Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
just tried to make an audio memo with APP. The voice is awful. I’ll try the same test with AP2 later but if they’ll perform better I’ll return the APP for sure.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
Don’t know just tried to make an audio memo with APP. The voice is awful. I’ll try the same test with AP2 later but if they’ll perform better I’ll return the APP for sure.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
My AirPods 2 also have the red exclamation. Never noticed it before this thread. If I just put them in my ears and take them out and put them in the case I never see it. I have to make it happen.

inductive_o

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2018
Glendale, CA
Went to the Apple store today because they had some in stock. Exchanged them and had the same issue. Decided to just outright return them because no reason I should have to deal with this issue after spending $250. Software or hardware, at this price point, it should be perfect out of the box.

Dopestar

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
CA
Went to the Apple store today because they had some in stock. Exchanged them and had the same issue. Decided to just outright return them because no reason I should have to deal with this issue after spending $250. Software or hardware, at this price point, it should be perfect out of the box.
I am doing the same, quite disappointed !:mad:

sxc

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
You have obviously never bought a Sony product.

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States
You have obviously never bought a Sony product.
I have. What's so unique to them that hasn't plagued other manufacturer's in this sector who are on a cycle of producing new/revised products on short cycles? I find Apple not much worse or better than Sony if based upon quality assurance of their hardware/software products. If you based the price of products to the quality of proportion in flawed designs or software releases, then I find Apple actually worse. The only category that I've found Apple, thus far, is repair/replacement of their flawed hardware/software. However, it's declined from my experience in the last two incidences I was affected.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2018
I had the Twitter video up. Here’s the update. I can do this every time with an iPad Pro or iPhone X. Got a full replacement and updated firmaware. Still an issues.

since it happens with two different sets in two different devices, it’s gotta be firmware. I replicated it live for a engineer today at Apple. They are now reviewing

Paco II

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2009
I have so moved on from worrying about this. Everything appears to be charging fine. The audio is as expected. I experience no actual issues. I consider it a non-impacting glitch that Apple will hopefully fix, but does not bother me.

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States
I recommend complaining about it to Apple and returning the product if you can't tolerate this discrepancy. It's an in-your-face consumer use flaw which is one of many products showing an overall prevalence of Apple to not be bothered with the minuscule details which would have never been allowed into production release to their customers.

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2018
To return this product over this minor issue is your choice. If you are heavily in the ecosystem, there isn’t a better alternative. I’ve used them heavily since launch, with euro flights and I have not used a better set of earbuds.

Instead of complaining I spent time with Apple to help. There is nothing.l worse than haters who aren’t proactive.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
I recommend complaining about it to Apple and returning the product if you can't tolerate this discrepancy. It's an in-your-face consumer use flaw which is one of many products showing an overall prevalence of Apple to not be bothered with the minuscule details which would have never been allowed into production release to their customers.
Not excusing it but, I bet most consumers don’t even know about this as they do what I did before reading this thread. They remove them from their ears, place them in the case and close the lid Never to see it.

Reactions: zhenya

Thejameslavis

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2018
Not excusing it but, I bet most consumers don’t even know about this as they do what I did before reading this thread. They remove them from their ears, place them in the case and close the lid Never to see it.
This is exactly it. Most will never experience this before it’s fixed. No need for QA banter, stay focused an proactive. If you had an Xbox 360, that’s real QA problems. This is baby level.

mcaswell

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2013
Doesn’t matter to me. My Gen 2 and APP both exhibit this but, work great in every way.
Same here... whether hardware or firmware, it appears to be merely a cosmetic issue, one that I had to go out of my way to find because it's not something I see during regular use.

Reactions: Otflyer

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States
This is exactly it. Most will never experience this before it’s fixed. No need for QA banter, stay focused an proactive. If you had an Xbox 360, that’s real QA problems. This is baby level.
This made zero sense as a comparison.
[automerge]1573568131[/automerge]
This is a QA flub like many in other product lines they have, except, they continually crop up instead of on an every other cycle release of hardware/software. Whether "cosmetic" or not; it's inexcusable as Apple's profits have grown but the quality is becoming riddled with more minor to major problems. Can't wait if Apple releases a firmware to the AirPods which bricks them. All without your knowledge or consent. And here come the Apple apologists...next!

chinocarioca

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2019
Is there any solution for the exclamation mark issue? Does anybody contacted Apple Support? What do they say? I've the same problem since day one when I opened my brand new AirPods Pro. So I don't know if it's a hardware or software issue. Thanks in advance!

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I contacted support about this issue, 3 customer service people I talked had no clue about this. I went in today to Apple store to swap my AirPods pro, and the demo AirPods pro did the exact same thing. Sales person was not aware of this issue

chinocarioca

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2019
I contacted support about this issue, 3 customer service people I talked had no clue about this. I went in today to Apple store to swap my AirPods pro, and the demo AirPods pro did the exact same thing. Sales person was not aware of this issue
So it's a software issue and not a hardware one I guess... ?

MacGuy84

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
On my second pair and both had this “issue”, so far they have been working fine though.

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I believe it’s software related as I tried 3 different ones and they all had the same issue. Even my new ones I got today have the same issue. I’m gonna just ignore it for now and enjoy my headphones :)

CHA05 R31GN5

Suspended
Oct 31, 2019
United States

So it's a software issue and not a hardware one I guess... ?
They are employed by Apple. They are not aware of any defects in Apple's products. No matter how many times they see it or someone tells them; they still...don't...know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.